Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
Keep mulling over ideas for a #2 dman, and i keep coming back to the idea of going after Kevin Shattenkirk. #3 dman that proved he can produce in a defensive/mistake free system, both him, pietrangelo and prospect ian cole are RFA's next year. Anyone here think/would try to get a deal done with STL?

Setoguchi, RFA rights to clutterbuck + cond. 1st if re-singed for RFA rights to Shattenkirk at draft day. Too much? not enough?
I come back to Sekera every time. Not necessarily a REAL #2 Dman, but a good upgrade to our Top 4. Might not even take an arm and a leg to get him. I'd love to send Clutter with a pick to the east, but then again Buffalo kinda needs Centers if I'm correct.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
nickschultzfan

I'm shocked that anybody can possibly argue that Riser was better than Fletcher. Yes, it's an argument that Fletcher's investments haven't been cash-out, but there is no way you can look at the Wild now and look at the Wild when Riser left and think they are comparable.

At every single level is the Wild more talent now than even the "good" years under Riser - where Lemaire had the Wild overperforming like mad.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

There's only one person who's ever been supportive of Risebrough on these forums.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
me? i was to a point. i don't think he was free to spend until the last couple years. Drafted for ****, but a lot of people blamed that on Thompson. maybe he had a different mandate under Naegle than Fletcher does under Leipold? Profit vs. success...you know the Wild were profitable through the Naegle years because our payroll wasn't maxed out.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:49 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

What about signing Zach O'Brien to Houston? He had 50 g last season in the Q.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
me? i was to a point. i don't think he was free to spend until the last couple years. Drafted for ****, but a lot of people blamed that on Thompson. maybe he had a different mandate under Naegle than Fletcher does under Leipold? Profit vs. success...you know the Wild were profitable through the Naegle years because our payroll wasn't maxed out.
His spending finally rose in 2006-07 when they got Demitra, Parrish, and Johnsson. After that it was close to the cap.

Remember when he signed Backstrom to a $6M/yr contract shortly before he was canned? Ugh.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
His spending finally rose in 2006-07 when they got Demitra, Parrish, and Johnsson. After that it was close to the cap.

Remember when he signed Backstrom to a $6M/yr contract shortly before he was canned? Ugh.
Seems like Backs is getting the same amount over 2-3 years if he plays well, if you listen to what the socalled "experts" has to say..

If he demands more then 3m i would let him walk and set my money on a hopefully healthy Harding.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

No way he gets more than $4.5m on the market. He hasn't exactly been healthy down the stretch the last few years. Great goalie but not for $6m.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

I could see some team overpaying for Backs on a 1 year deal. There's always someone.

I won't shed any tears if he leaves after this year but I certainly wouldn't mind him sticking around for a couple more years at a respectable cap hit to serve as mentor to the youngins.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

people are going to long for Backs once Harding/Hackett are the tandem. Still, with a better defense it might equal out defensively with more points offense. money better spent on quality D.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Defense & Coaching >>>>>>>>>>>> Goaltending

Look at Bryzaglov in Philly vs Phoenix/Anaheim and hell even look at Rinne's Euro stats vs last year. Or Backstrom under Lemaire vs Richards.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:

Loved that DR move. Doesn't sign Backstrom in the summer for like 4 million/year because he was "too busy trying to sign Gaborik". Gaborik signals that he's not re-signing. Backstrom gets All-Star nod. DR panics and accepts Backstrom's first offer, just so he could save face. Brilliant.

Well, at least Riser didn't re-sign Rolston at 5 million/year. That was the one smart thing he did.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:29 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
people are going to long for Backs once Harding/Hackett are the tandem. Still, with a better defense it might equal out defensively with more points offense. money better spent on quality D.
I don't think Harding/Hacket will ever be a tandem unfortunately. I can see Harding unfortunately being bought out this summer and Backs being re-signed. Although that would be a terrible PR move.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Loved that DR move. Doesn't sign Backstrom in the summer for like 4 million/year because he was "too busy trying to sign Gaborik". Gaborik signals that he's not re-signing. Backstrom gets All-Star nod. DR panics and accepts Backstrom's first offer, just so he could save face. Brilliant.

Well, at least Riser didn't re-sign Rolston at 5 million/year. That was the one smart thing he did.
Oh man. He literally signed Backstrom at the absolute height of his worth too.

Rolston would have re-upped for probably three years at $3-3.5m per though. I think he even admitted he would have taken less.

But then we wouldn't have gotten Nolan, maybe. Kind of a wash.

Ugh, good ol' dumpster diving Risebrough. Which low-end second liner do you want?

Old
01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I don't think Harding/Hacket will ever be a tandem unfortunately. I can see Harding unfortunately being bought out this summer and Backs being re-signed. Although that would be a terrible PR move.
Why would we buy out Harding?

Old
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Why would we buy out Harding?
I dont see this happen.. At all.. He could have a long career even if he is diag. with MS... He is a beast that love being here... And we love having him.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Harding's been just fine, MS or no. Unless that changes drastically, I can't see them buying him out. Backs would cost more money and Hackett's been in the minors for three years now. If he's not ready to come up next year, he never will be.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

How about a goalie that doesn't cost a fortune, can win shootouts, and can stay healthy an entire season. Tired of Backs/Harding. Hope to move on from them soon.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:

Rolston would have re-upped for probably three years at $3-3.5m per though. I think he even admitted he would have taken less.
well no. the reason he left was 5Million per year offer from New Jersey..if he wanted to take less money he would've stayed here. We tried resigning him during the season and it didnt workout.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Hackett's been in the minors for three years now. If he's not ready to come up next year, he never will be.
TONS of goalies take more than 3 years in the minors to season..It took Tim Thomas six years to get to the NHL and then 2 more after that to finally stick with the Bruins. There is NO reason to rush Hackett now or next year. Or any goalie for that matter in this system.

We have depth and the nice part about depth is you don't hafto potentially destroy a young goalies career by bringing them up too fast.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I remember where I was when I heard Rolston signed with NJ for $5.25 per. Was very distraught over it. He was my favorite Wild player. My dad, who knows nothing about modern hockey, said "Don't worry. A couple years down the line that will be a huge overpayment." Can't believe how right he was.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:17 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
well no. the reason he left was 5Million per year offer from New Jersey..if he wanted to take less money he would've stayed here. We tried resigning him during the season and it didnt workout.
technically we offered the same per year only NJ offered him one more year, which Risebrough wasn't willing to match.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I remember where I was when I heard Rolston signed with NJ for $5.25 per. Was very distraught over it. He was my favorite Wild player. My dad, who knows nothing about modern hockey, said "Don't worry. A couple years down the line that will be a huge overpayment." Can't believe how right he was.
you should have listened to me. right off the bat i said they'd be regretting it by the second year at the latest.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:47 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Is there ANYWAY we can open up some contract spots? We might not have a spot open for some of the camp guys like Kyle Thomas

Old
01-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Is there ANYWAY we can open up some contract spots? We might not have a spot open for some of the camp guys like Kyle Thomas
Waivers most likely.

Closed Thread