HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shutdown D Man To Leafs

Old
08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
James Franco

vCash: 500
Tony Lydman is available. Very reliable shut down D who plays physical, and is familiar with Caryle

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Arrch

If it's between MacA vs TK for Murray, I'd probably go with MacA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
I don't consider Vlasic a shutdown D man, I consider him a puck moving D man.
Wait, what?!?

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
Tony Lydman is available. Very reliable shut down D who plays physical, and is familiar with Caryle
What would it cost the Leafs to land him?

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3498
Stay on topic please folks. Thanks.

08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
James Franco

Quote:
What would it cost the Leafs to land him?
Hmm its hard for me to gauge. Lydman and Cogliano for Bozak?

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Lundsanity30

Could careless if he's worth more or less than value, a healthy Sauer gives the Rangers an elite defense and is worth more to us than another forward

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Riptide

You have Holzer... that's what he's projected to be is a shutdown type.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:48 AM
thrillhouse99

A shut down d man is something every team covets and not something that is easily given up. I'd say the only way the leafs would be able to get one is if someone is having issues with their current organization or if they overpay so that the other team can become "better" through the trade.

As it stands right now I would prefer to see the leafs move forward with the defenseman they have. This isn't an organization that has the resources to give up prospects and picks, they are still building IMO.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:50 AM
CommonMeans*

Hamhuis for Kadri?

Hammy is getting older and the Leafs will have to take back that "huge" salary which extends past this year. Hell, you'll be seen as Robin Hood for offering so much.

And we all know how great Kadri will be.

Am I right?

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
You have Holzer... that's what he's projected to be is a shutdown type.
We need a shutdown D man now, preferably a top pairing one who is big and physical.

Holzer looks to be our 7th D man for now, so he doesn't help us now. Down the road he could be our guy, but as I said we need a proven (preferably top pairing, big, physical, shutdown D man).

Old
08-06-2012, 10:56 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
We need a shutdown D man now, preferably a top pairing one who is big and physical.

Holzer looks to be our 7th D man for now, so he doesn't help us now. Down the road he could be our guy, but as I said we need a proven (preferably top pairing, big, physical, shutdown D man).
Mark Fraser could play as your shutdown defenceman, he certainly isn't a top pairing defenceman but he's big and physical.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
jd22

Send a message via MSN to jd22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Hamhuis for Kadri?

Hammy is getting older and the Leafs will have to take back that "huge" salary which extends past this year. Hell, you'll be seen as Robin Hood for offering so much.

And we all know how great Kadri will be.

Am I right?
You needed to put in the

I enjoyed the post though.

jd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Sign Hannan.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:

What's with the impatience?

You could argue that trying to trade out of our embarrassing predicament as oppose to just letting our prospects play and develop at their own pace is what has gotten us in this slipshod mess in the first place.

We have an abundance of D-prospects that will be ready next year and the year after. Why are we trading away players for an area which is a position of strength for us?

This whole notion of having to make the playoffs next year just to appease the idiot contingent of our fanbase that keeps wanting Burke to do what has made us unsuccessful in the past (trade away young players, prospects and picks to plug a hole temporarily) is stupid and completely absurd.

I much rather develop a strong system from within and just let our young players develop and learn the game then caving in to the public demand and the growing pains of rebuilding and retooling(as if the majority of Leaf fans know how to build a hockey team anyways)
by throwing it all away for something that is not a pressing need of ours going forward (eg: Defense)

/rant.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Mark Fraser could play as your shutdown defenceman, he certainly isn't a top pairing defenceman but he's big and physical.
if you expect Fraser to do anything more but be a 7th DMan you are asking for trouble

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
He is a depth D man, also he would need to show greater defensive consistency to even be considered but either way he is at most a 7th D man.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
What's with the impatience?

You could argue that trying to trade out of our embarrassing predicament as oppose to just letting our prospects play and develop at their own pace is what has gotten us in this slipshod mess in the first place.

We have an abundance of D-prospects that will be ready next year and the year after. Why are we trading away players for an area which is a position of strength for us?

This whole notion of having to make the playoffs next year just to appease the idiot contingent of our fanbase that keeps wanting Burke to do what has made us unsuccessful in the past (trade away young players, prospects and picks to plug a hole temporarily) is stupid and completely absurd.

I much rather develop a strong system from within and just let our young players develop and learn the game then caving in to the public demand and the growing pains of rebuilding and retooling(as if the majority of Leaf fans know how to build a hockey team anyways)
by throwing it all away for something that is not a pressing need of ours going forward (eg: Defense)

/rant.
I am with you in developing our own players instead of trading picks and prospects away for quick fixes but Burkie needs to make the playoffs or he will be fired, so I can see him moving some picks, prospects and younger players for upgrades.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Sign Hannan.
Definitely an option. We would have to move out a D man if we signed him though.

Old
08-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Leafsfan381

Quote:
Definitely an option. We would have to move out a D man if we signed him though.
Exactly the reason the Leafs don't need another d-man. They have too many, if they were really desperate for a shutdown d-man they could try to trade for one. But frankly they can still survive without one. They have lots of bright-looking young d-men in their system too. Their defence should be able to keep them in their games.

Leafsfan381 is offline   Reply With Quote