HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call me crazy but...

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2005, 04:55 PM
MattNJD

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MattNJD
Call me crazy but...

... has anyone else noticed that on the Devils official site, the player bios have been updated?? Players like Jan Hrdina, Viktor Kozlov, and Krys Oliwa now all have bio's up. I know Hrdina and Kozlov have not had bio's up since they were traded to the Devils last year. Why update the bio's if you didn't expect traffic coming to the site?? End of the lockout = major traffic to all team sites. I don't know but maybe Lou is getting optimistic. It seems like the union might be on the verge of cracking... Madano's comments (I know he claims he was mis-quoted but lets face it, he wasn't), Fiscler saying he has sources in Canada with inside info. I don't know, maybe things are looking up.

Old
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNJD
... has anyone else noticed that on the Devils official site, the player bios have been updated?? Players like Jan Hrdina, Viktor Kozlov, and Krys Oliwa now all have bio's up. I know Hrdina and Kozlov have not had bio's up since they were traded to the Devils last year. Why update the bio's if you didn't expect traffic coming to the site?? End of the lockout = major traffic to all team sites. I don't know but maybe Lou is getting optimistic. It seems like the union might be on the verge of cracking... Madano's comments (I know he claims he was mis-quoted but lets face it, he wasn't), Fiscler saying he has sources in Canada with inside info. I don't know, maybe things are looking up.
Not happening. I know we all want it to come back, but, don't fool yourself with false hopes such as these, they'll just leave you with further disappointment.

Old
01-14-2005, 07:46 PM
tieio

Send a message via MSN to tieio
If it makes you feel better, then by all means believe it. I hope you are right, I don't think you are, but I will hope along with you that these things are indeed signs. Even if it isn't true, that is some very creative detective work there and an interesting perception. It is better than no hope at all

Old
01-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Sorry to rain on your parade Matt, but

Quote:
Goodenow has, through an audio message on the association's website, told players that they should take any contracts that might be available in Europe either now or for next season.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=111325&hubName=nhl

Mind you, this is a report from the TO sun, and they also expect the NHL to make an offer to the PA.

Old
01-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Hellsempire

Well I really hope something gets done here because once the NFL season is over there is really nothing to watch sports wise on TV. So i am still trying to stay positive and hope the NHL and NHLPA salvage some part of this season. It really sucks right now and I do miss going to the games. Just have to hope for the best and within the next week or two we will find out the fate of the NHL.

Old
01-15-2005, 12:47 PM
tbr

Does anyone think that maybe since it is really slow at the Devils office, and since they have not let anyone go yet. That maybe , just maybe everyone and anyone is trying to find some sort of project to work on. This would include updating the website. Just a thought.

Old
01-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbr
Does anyone think that maybe since it is really slow at the Devils office, and since they have not let anyone go yet. That maybe , just maybe everyone and anyone is trying to find some sort of project to work on. This would include updating the website. Just a thought.
Exactly, I really wouldn't get hopes up, it just leads to unnecessary dissapointment.

Closed Thread