HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doan 3 - Because trilogies are always better?

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 03:27 PM
KISSland

vCash: 500
I think one of the 4 won't return. And I'm thinking it will be Higgins. I could see him getting 3MM elsewhere, and I wouldn't blame him. He's as versatile as they come and a real work horse.

What I think the deals will look like:

Burrows 4.25MM for 5 years.
Edler 5.5MM for 6 years before start of season. End of the season (assuming he goes on another tear and plays well in the playoffs) 6MM for 8 years
Lapierre 2MM for 3 years.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I think one of the 4 won't return. And I'm thinking it will be Higgins. I could see him getting 3MM elsewhere, and I wouldn't blame him. He's as versatile as they come and a real work horse.
He'll be replaced by one of our younger guys (most likely Jensen or Kassian).

Old
07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post

What I think the deals will look like:

Burrows 4.25MM for 5 years.
Edler 5.5MM for 6 years before start of season. End of the season (assuming he goes on another tear and plays well in the playoffs) 6MM for 8 years
Lapierre 2MM for 3 years.
Unless management decides otherwise. I do not foresee him moving on any time soon. His career was in shambles, along with his confidence after both his favorite team (Montreal) and hometeam (New York) gave up on him. He has had something of a resurgence here. Who knows, but I see Higgins sticking around.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:36 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Unless management decides otherwise. I do not foresee him moving on any time soon. His career was in shambles, along with his confidence after both his favorite team (Montreal) and hometeam (New York) gave up on him. He has had something of a resurgence here. Who knows, but I see Higgins sticking around.
I think he'll look for money and term and I think he can get it elsewhere. I feel Gillis will try to money puck him once again and it won't work out this time around. I hope I'm wrong because he's been one of my favorite Canucks since the run.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I'd give Burrows six on a short term if he demanded. I doubt that happens but we bloody well owe the guy. If he wants five, then he gets it. Higgins will indeed be let go if he demands four. Hard to say what salaries will be like until we know the cap structure.
No. We owe him nothing. The Canucks offered him a contract and he signed. Gillis has a business model. After next season I'd rather go with Kassian and Jensen making 1.7 combined than Burrows and Higgins making 10. The Canucks peer Burrows nothing they gave him an opportunity to play in the NHL and make four times more than brain surgeons. He's not worth 6 give me a f ing break.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:56 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
No. We owe him nothing. The Canucks offered him a contract and he signed. Gillis has a business model. After next season I'd rather go with Kassian and Jensen making 1.7 combined than Burrows and Higgins making 10. The Canucks peer Burrows nothing they gave him an opportunity to play in the NHL and make four times more than brain surgeons. He's not worth 6 give me a f ing break.
There's no way Burrows gets 6 to begin with. The guy will re-sign for 4-4.5.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:58 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Burrows is one of our clutch players who has scored a lot of big goals for us. He's a good blend of speed, skill, and grit. Not the grittiest player out there, but he holds his own. We can't afford to lose him.

07-30-2012, 06:50 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Higgins will be traded at the deadline for a good pick.

Burr will get 4.5mil.
Edler will get around 5.5m
Lappy around 1.5

Old
07-30-2012, 06:54 PM
aandbreatheme

So... Doan get any phone calls today?

Old
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLDPower View Post
Will you say that if Burr goes out and nets 30-35 with the twins this year? My opinion is that Burrows has earned a big payday (especially from the Canucks) he's been one of the best bargains in the league for the past 4-5 years.
I agree. He is arguably our biggest clutch playoff performer as well. Plus i think he just belongs here.

And oh yeah, i hope we get Doan etc. as i've said a couple times already. I still think his wife could be the X factor. Listen to your wife Shane. Don't you love her? Prove it! I think Nucks have good a chance as any, but i won't dare get my hopes too up there. As Canucks fans, we all know what that leads to.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
He apparently got one on Saturday. Don't have the link to the article though.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Where art thou, Shane Doan?

Old
07-30-2012, 07:13 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
Where art thou, Shane Doan?
Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

*This is when I post a link to him agreeing to terms with the Vancouver Canucks.*

Old
07-30-2012, 07:16 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
He apparently got one on Saturday. Don't have the link to the article though.
No problem.

I found this one from today:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/07...g-out-jamison/

Basically saying the same thing: Doan wants to remain a Coyote, the coaching staff/management have been great and are one of the main reasons he wants to stay, yada, yada, yada.

Part of me thinks he might just stay there and take it one year at a time (since he is slowly approaching retirement). However, if things turn awry by the end of next season, teams may no longer want to sign him (if he wants out): he'll be a year older (37), and the UFA crop will be much better. So a bit of a risk for him.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:19 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
No problem.

I found this one from today:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/07...g-out-jamison/

Basically saying the same thing: Doan wants to remain a Coyote, the coaching staff/management have been great and are one of the main reasons he wants to stay, yada, yada, yada.

Part of me thinks he might just stay there and take it one year at a time (since he is slowly approaching retirement). However, if things turn awry by the end of next season, teams may no longer want to sign him (if he wants out): he'll be a year older (37), and the UFA crop will be much better. So a bit a risk for him.
UFA crop isn't guaranteed to be much better.

I honestly don't see Doan signing for just 1 year. I think he really wants the job security and doesn't want to have to make a decision whether to uproot his family or not.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:41 PM
vannuckles
DieBettmanDie

Quote:
Found this http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-new...-greg-jamison/ a min ago. Nothing new really.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:56 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannuckles View Post
Found this http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-new...-greg-jamison/ a min ago. Nothing new really.
That phone call probably consisted of another "deadline." That's why we haven't heard anything.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Radiolad

Quote:
I dont agree with you at all (other than the 6 part ). Burrows has shown more heart for this team than 3 other guys put together. He took a contract that we all knew he couldve gotten more but again, for the good of the team he took less.

If he wants 4 -5...give it to em. He deserves it. 6? That's a stretch even for a Burrows homer like me.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:39 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiolad View Post
I dont agree with you at all (other than the 6 part ). Burrows has shown more heart for this team than 3 other guys put together. He took a contract that we all knew he couldve gotten more but again, for the good of the team he took less.

If he wants 4 -5...give it to em. He deserves it. 6? That's a stretch even for a Burrows homer like me.
If MG doesnt offer hime big bucks someone else will.

Burrows will get his money don't you worry your little heart.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:17 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Higgins will be traded at the deadline for a good pick.

Burr will get 4.5mil.
Edler will get around 5.5m
Lappy around 1.5
Higgins isn't going to be dealt at the deadline unless the Canucks are out of a playoff spot. He's the type of depth forward playoff teams want to add for playoff runs. Gritty, hard working, versatile. Why in the world do you deal him when you're trying to compete in the playoffs? So you give his minutes to a rookie?

Higgins is *significantly* more valuable on a 1 year deal and then walking as a UFA after a playoff run, then whatever asset you can realistically get for him as a rental. Ridiculous to think this management team would even consider dealing him even if they knew he's gone as a UFA.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:23 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
I think the Canucks can keep all of Edler, Burrows, Lapierre, and Higgins, while letting Raymond go (and have Jensen/Kassian take his minutes), and trading/waiving Ballard (as Connauton/Corrado etc could take his spot).

Old
07-30-2012, 09:29 PM
KISSland

When NFITO posts:

Last edited by KISSland: 07-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old
07-30-2012, 09:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Higgins isn't going to be dealt at the deadline unless the Canucks are out of a playoff spot. He's the type of depth forward playoff teams want to add for playoff runs. Gritty, hard working, versatile. Why in the world do you deal him when you're trying to compete in the playoffs? So you give his minutes to a rookie?

Higgins is *significantly* more valuable on a 1 year deal and then walking as a UFA after a playoff run, then whatever asset you can realistically get for him as a rental. Ridiculous to think this management team would even consider dealing him even if they knew he's gone as a UFA.
Agreed. I don't think we will re-sign Higgins, but I also don't think we will trade him either. Makes no sense at all to do so.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:45 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post

He's got high value but hasn't performed in the playoffs. Keep the reg season stats.

0 PTs in 5 games last season.

4 goals in 25 the season before, albeit with 3 GWG.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
He's got high value but hasn't performed in the playoffs. Keep the reg season stats.

0 PTs in 5 games last season.

4 goals in 25 the season before, albeit with 3 GWG.
Stats aren't everything, I thought Higgins was very serviceable in the 2011 run. Like most of our forwards, they couldn't score for whatever reason. If we can replace a guy like Higgins through FA and he's asking too high, let him go. If not, keep him.

Closed Thread