HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Gymnastics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-05-2012, 12:48 PM
  #351
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
it is reported that both Izbasa and Ponor will resume training. Don't know about Izbasa, I think she still has something left inside her; Ponor will attend a gala in Mexico but I don't think she will go further.
Shocked, but awesome. Both are accomplished and Ponor is really something to watch.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
  #352
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Maria Paseka said on facebook all the Russian Olympic medalists get given a car, that's pretty cool



And I found a picture of Vika with hers, she probably can't even reach the pedals



Also I take back what I said about McKayla's mother overreacting, looking at Maria's facebook there's so many creeps on there and she's not even that famous, I can't imagine what it's like for McKayla


Last edited by Dustin Peener: 09-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
  #353
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Maria Paseka said on facebook all the Russian Olympic medalists get given a car, that's pretty cool



And I found a picture of Vika with hers, she probably can't even reach the pedals



Also I take back what I said about McKayla's mother overreacting, looking at Maria's facebook there's so many creeps on there and she's not even that famous, I can't imagine what it's like for McKayla
I bet you its not even that bad. She was on buzzfeed, and people were spitting fire at her saying she wants to be a movie star.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 05:28 PM
  #354
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Finally the events are all on youtube now, unfortunatly I was in the States during most of the gymnastics finals so thanks to NBC's crappy coverage I missed most of it. Watching the uneven bars final right now since I never got to see it of course NBC did not show it in their highlight show because an American did not medal.

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
  #355
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Finally the events are all on youtube now, unfortunatly I was in the States during most of the gymnastics finals so thanks to NBC's crappy coverage I missed most of it. Watching the uneven bars final right now since I never got to see it of course NBC did not show it in their highlight show because an American did not medal.
Watch all the raisman stuff she was amazing!

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
  #356
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Watch all the raisman stuff she was amazing!
Yeah I watched all the individual apparatus finals. I only watched USA/Russia performing in the team final, and only watched Douglas, Raisman, Komova and Mustafina in the all around final. I skipped through everyone else

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:21 PM
  #357
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Yeah I watched all the individual apparatus finals. I only watched USA/Russia performing in the team final, and only watched Douglas, Raisman, Komova and Mustafina in the all around final. I skipped through everyone else
Mustafina had a great games IMO, I hope she comes back, I think she is the best in the world, forget gabby.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
  #358
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Mustafina had a great games IMO, I hope she comes back, I think she is the best in the world, forget gabby.
Yeah, it is just scary to think how good she would be if not for her injury.

If that's your opinion I'm guessing you didn't watch any NBC coverage, therefore couldn't be brainwashed by their "hurr durr 'Murrica>>>>>all and the Russians are ***** divas" propaganda

But yeah, I think I'm in love with Mustafina, it's those eyes, damn...


Last edited by Dustin Peener: 09-10-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:52 PM
  #359
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Yeah, it is just scary to think how good she would be if not for her injury.

If that's your opinion I'm guessing you didn't watch any NBC coverage, therefore couldn't be brainwashed by their "hurr durr 'Murrica>>>>>all and the Russians are ***** divas" propaganda

But yeah, I think I'm in love with Mustafina, it's those eyes, damn...
Watched the BBC infact. All my coverage was from them
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/gy...ng-tour-091012

Well Aly got injured.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
  #360
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Watched the BBC infact. All my coverage was from them
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/gy...ng-tour-091012

Well Aly got injured.
Yeah BBC coverage was great, and we could watch live every event that was on. I'm massively regretting not getting tickets though, even if just for qualifiers, it was a once in a lifetime chance. Maybe when Olympics comes back to Europe I can try to go if possible.

I love how you're only sad about Aly being injured, and not McKayla

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
  #361
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Yeah BBC coverage was great, and we could watch live every event that was on. I'm massively regretting not getting tickets though, even if just for qualifiers, it was a once in a lifetime chance. Maybe when Olympics comes back to Europe I can try to go if possible.

I love how you're only sad about Aly being injured, and not McKayla
No comment on Maroney . The BBC did a ton notch job, and they showed every event in it's entirety!

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:43 PM
  #362
Yoshimitsu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
Aly is fine, but I think Maroney might be more seriously hurt. Exhibitions are dumb.

Anyway, I streamed most of the Olympics from NBC's website as opposed to waiting for the tape delay. Thankfully, they used the Olympic Broadcasting Services feed and not their own commentators, and the OBS presentation was pretty good. I'd love to see NBC lose the broadcast rights to the Olympics but that isn't happening anytime soon.

Yoshimitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM
  #363
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu View Post
Aly is fine, but I think Maroney might be more seriously hurt. Exhibitions are dumb.

Anyway, I streamed most of the Olympics from NBC's website as opposed to waiting for the tape delay. Thankfully, they used the Olympic Broadcasting Services feed and not their own commentators, and the OBS presentation was pretty good. I'd love to see NBC lose the broadcast rights to the Olympics but that isn't happening anytime soon.
NBC had good coverage, online. I hope NBC loses to CBS soon. As for Maroney, her injury is way more serious than her parents are letting on.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
  #364
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,981
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
NBC had good coverage, online. I hope NBC loses to CBS soon. As for Maroney, her injury is way more serious than her parents are letting on.
Why CBS? I would love to see them on ESPN because they have the network support. CBS also has a big family of networks too, but not as many sports oriented networks. With ESPN, you have the ESPN family, Classic, ABC, and if you really needed to, put some of the stuff on ABC Family as well.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:14 PM
  #365
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
So I've now met two London 2012 Olympians. There was the Russian swimmer at the airport, and I was lining hockey last weekend and one of the players was on the GB field hockey team. But obviously still yet to meet Aliya maybe I will get lucky in Moscow next summer if I go

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
  #366
Yoshimitsu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Why CBS? I would love to see them on ESPN because they have the network support. CBS also has a big family of networks too, but not as many sports oriented networks. With ESPN, you have the ESPN family, Classic, ABC, and if you really needed to, put some of the stuff on ABC Family as well.
Most of ESPN's programming is poor, but other than having Alexi Lalas in studio, ESPN's coverage of the World Cup and Euro 2012 were both quite good. It gives me hope that they could do a respectable job at covering the Olympics. Unfortunately, NBC has the rights locked up until at least 2020, and they seem to be pretty close with the IOC.

Yoshimitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 06:27 PM
  #367
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Why CBS? I would love to see them on ESPN because they have the network support. CBS also has a big family of networks too, but not as many sports oriented networks. With ESPN, you have the ESPN family, Classic, ABC, and if you really needed to, put some of the stuff on ABC Family as well.
I felt CBS does a great job with college football and other events. Plus I don't they would screw people like NBC did with tape delay.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:22 AM
  #368
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
McKayla had surgery, screws put in. Whatever happened is more serious then we though.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:50 PM
  #369
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
McKayla had surgery, screws put in. Whatever happened is more serious then we though.
Lol.

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:36 PM
  #370
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Lol.
Thought though.

She's done for the calendar year, no 2013 worlds, so let's see her put the vault together.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:10 PM
  #371
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Thought though.

She's done for the calendar year, no 2013 worlds, so let's see her put the vault together.
Where exactly is she injured?

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:23 PM
  #372
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Where exactly is she injured?
Tibia Fracture. She's out 6 months.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:38 PM
  #373
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Tibia Fracture. She's out 6 months.
Maybe she can do a Mustafina and work on bars, make herself more useful

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:17 PM
  #374
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Maybe she can do a Mustafina and work on bars, make herself more useful
I think she got injured while doing the bars on the kelloggs tour

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 04:11 PM
  #375
Dustin Peener
Popular demand
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
I think she got injured while doing the bars on the kelloggs tour
What is it with Americans and athletes on cereal boxes

Sorry this video has to be posted


I can picture Mustafina and the other Russian girls having vodka with their cereal

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.