HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
HeyRangers

vCash: 500
Thanks all guess i should try some more stores and see if i can find any authentics to try for size before ordering. I live in suffolk long island if anyone has seen any around there.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
HeyRangers

Has anyone purchased the Authentics on Amazon? Are they the real deal for 130?

Old
01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Yes, they're just on sale recently. Not all of them are even 130, it depends on the size and how much stock they have left. They are the real deal.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I'm in suffolk also. I think the proshop at the bethpage ice rink would have authentics. I haven't been there in a while, but I remember every time we played their in college we were blown away by their proshop.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
HeyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Yes, they're just on sale recently. Not all of them are even 130, it depends on the size and how much stock they have left. They are the real deal.
Thanks if i cant find any authentics in stores after work i will take a shot with the 54 and than if it fits send it out for customization.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
msgminus

Just got an authentic off the Amazon deal and OH NO!

It's an INDONESIA "authentic" with the neon green inside collar stripe and lower quality materials that are not the same as on ice stuff.

Size 52 Heritage for reference. I should have gone with a bootleg, serves me right for buying it without thinking

Old
01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
NYR Lunchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgminus View Post

It's an INDONESIA "authentic" with the neon green inside collar stripe and lower quality materials that are not the same as on ice stuff.

Size 52 Heritage for reference. I should have gone with a bootleg, serves me right for buying it without thinking
i ordered the same one and itll b here tomorrow. does it atleast have the retired numbers inside?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:27 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

Most people are wearing Indonesia authentics; they are still higher quality than replicas and official Reebok merchandise and retail at authentic price. They ARE authentics. Only serious jersey collectors give a crap of difference, and if you are one, than by all means, be upset because I understand when you're a collector and only want the very, very top end, but saying you'd rather have a bootleg implies you're not and that's silly; the jersey you received is still the genuine article, unless you're a serious collector who needs it to be letter perfect, and better than what 90% of fans are wearing. The online jersey snob community has made it seem like the Indonesia jerseys are bootleg merhcandise when they are, in fact, still better than or the same as what most fans are wearing and officially licensed authentic retail jerseys.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
vstk

Quote:
they are still higher quality than replicas and official Reebok merchandise and retail at authentic price. They ARE authentics. Only serious jersey collectors give a crap of difference
I don't know man, it feels silly to pay $200+ for a jersey that is actually different than advertised. Does the word "authentic" mean anything to retailers or is it just a scam title for "we just want more money from you but we're not really giving anything extra"

If they advertise it as an "authentic" I'd suspect the jersey to be actually exactly the same as the guys are wearing on the ice. I'd expect more when I'm spending that kind of money. But maybe that's just me.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
msgminus

Quote:
Most people are wearing Indonesia authentics; they are still higher quality than replicas and official Reebok merchandise and retail at authentic price. They ARE authentics. Only serious jersey collectors give a crap of difference, and if you are one, than by all means, be upset because I understand when you're a collector and only want the very, very top end, but saying you'd rather have a bootleg implies you're not and that's silly; the jersey you received is still the genuine article, unless you're a serious collector who needs it to be letter perfect, and better than what 90% of fans are wearing. The online jersey snob community has made it seem like the Indonesia jerseys are bootleg merhcandise when they are, in fact, still better than or the same as what most fans are wearing and officially licensed authentic retail jerseys.
YOU KNOW WHAT?! I mostly agree with you. I just hate that reebok is cutting corners when the profits on these jerseys have to be huge. Also this is one of those few times where that neon green/yellow collar is a nuisance as its right under the "ESTABLISHED 1926" printed on the inside collar.

But yeah mostly over reaction by me cause I got an AWESOME non NHL jersey today too, and I think it looks and feels better than this one.

Plus people may want to know what they're buying. I think that's helpful!

EDIT: I'd really be pissed if i paid retail for this. As it is I'd say i got a deal that wasn't quite as good as i'd have liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
i ordered the same one and itll b here tomorrow. does it atleast have the retired numbers inside?
No retired numbers on the inside tail. Has the "ESTABLISHED 1926" on the collar as stated earlier. "REEBOK" patch on the back above where the nameplate would go instead of the old logo. No 85TH anniversary patch.

Last edited by msgminus: 01-07-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: More opinion
Old
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Quote:

I don't quite get why a bootleg would be better for the price I got it from Amazon though? This is the most authentic jersey you can get right now from a retailer. I highly doubt Reebok will be suddenly going back to the real authentics anytime soon.

EDIT: I read your second post again and this is redundant, so my bad.

Last edited by NYR957: 01-07-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM
MannyQ1293

Buying My First jersey

I was going to order from NHL.com but I'm not sure about the quality of the screen print is it any good ? I don't want it to start looking bad after a while.. I was actually thinking of ordering a blank and maybe finding a place to get it customized I've found one place so far that does it but i want to get some opinions first so any help at all would be great

I Was going to order a Premier Btw not a Replica

Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2935
The only jersey I have was bought at the NHL store in Manhattan. From what I've heard around here, you should stay away from ordering the jersey on shop.nhl.com.

I also bought a blank jersey and I brought it to Cosby's which is around the corner from MSG. It's expensive, but they definitely know what they're doing.

01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
noupf

my honest opinion, dont give the NHL a single dollar of your money after what they just did with the lockout. They dont deserve a single penney of ours.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

The quality of the screen print will be good...for about $100 extra.

The premier is $124.99 on NHL.com

The authentic is $249.99

If you're gonna get a jersey, do it right and make the investment. There is a very noticeable difference in quality between the premier and the authentic. The premier isn't in the authentic's league.

The premier is pretty crappy. Worth nowhere near 124.99. The authentic while still overpriced (reebok being reebok) is much closer to its value and you actually get a very high quality jersey, withvery high quality prints. The #30 on my authentic Lundqvist is beautiful embroidered twill. The number on my premier is ****ing plastic.

Spend the extra money if you want quality. Yes it's $125 more but the quality gap is even bigger than that.

You can compare full features here...

Good: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

Bad: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

Last edited by Machinehead: 01-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Are they still selling those indo edge jerseys?

Old
01-07-2013, 11:26 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Yep, but they're really barely a downgrade from the canadian ones. Not a big deal at all, unless you're really a collector and connoisseur.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

I was able to buy a white authentic from the NHL store in NYC last May that was made in Canada. They had the Indonesian versions in stock too and the Canadian made jerseys have a much nicer feel to them.

I have a winter classic premier and the indonesian edge's felt like they were made out of the same material as that. The regular premiers feel like they are made out of a nicer material than the indonesian authentics in my opinion. Like another poster said, the real stitching on the authentics is probably their nicest feature.

It is probably hard to find Canadian made authentics though. The one I have has the reebok vector logo on the back.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:27 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

It took only a couple of posts for one of the anti establishment critics to come out of the wood work.

When you say: "the NHL doesn't deserve our money" do you know who it is you are referring to as the "NHL"? Just like people who say things referring to "the government" but do you know who you mean? Or when people say "they". Who are "they" exactly?

People in the mail room, people mopping the bathrooms, vendors, accountants, graphic designers, janitors, secretaries...these people are all part of the NHL. Do they deserve your ire? They're not good enough to receive the money a fan who wants to show team spirit?

The NHL doesn't only comprise of team owners and Bettman. Just like the government doesn't only consist of the president. And "they" don't only consist of the individual you detest.

This anti establishment phooey is nonsense. An attempt by some to make themselves feel above others and things. Its hypocritical. There is dysfunction in everything to a degree.

Many many years ago there was a person in my high school who was adamant about anti establishment and not wearing labels. Except every piece of clothing and every object he owned was designed and produced and shipped and stocked and sold by several different establishments.

Case in point, if the OP wants to buy a Rangers jersey because it makes him happy, then who are you or anyone else to say different?

Old
01-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Cliffy1814

Inexpensive jersey option for those interested.

http://stores.ebay.com/FULL-MOON-JER...=p4634.c0.m322

I stumbled across this seller on ebay and picked up an Avery Heritage Premiere jersey for $35 including shipping.

I figured I'd see what it looked like. Although they are the cheaper NHL.com type numbers they are sewn on as is the name plate. They are also last years jersey with wordmark vs vector.

a # 16 with sewn on numbers and nameplate should be fairly inexpensive to strip and turn into a #61 Nash.

Voila , a decent NHL jersey for $70 bucks or so.

They also have current players (cally, Lundqvist, Richards), for $89 which beats the hell out of NHL.com or any other site I know of.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
tamaleriders

So, I now FansEdge.com has NHL Jerseys and I saw that FootballFanatics.com has NHL jerseys, has anyone purchased from either of these two? Is one more reliable than the other? They seem to have decent reviews and comments on their FB / Twitters, but I buying online is always weird for me! Looking to spend some Christmas money on a new Hawks jersey!

Oh, and is there a big difference between replicas and authentic s? Are they worth the extra money?

Old
01-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Inexpensive jersey option for those interested.

http://stores.ebay.com/FULL-MOON-JER...=p4634.c0.m322

I stumbled across this seller on ebay and picked up an Avery Heritage Premiere jersey for $35 including shipping.

I figured I'd see what it looked like. Although they are the cheaper NHL.com type numbers they are sewn on as is the name plate. They are also last years jersey with wordmark vs vector.

a # 16 with sewn on numbers and nameplate should be fairly inexpensive to strip and turn into a #61 Nash.

Voila , a decent NHL jersey for $70 bucks or so.

They also have current players (cally, Lundqvist, Richards), for $89 which beats the hell out of NHL.com or any other site I know of.
This is a great find. Does anyone know if its easier or even possible to have the screen printed twill applique lettering removed? Or is it only possible to remove sewn on lettering? I've heard the screen printing wears off over time.

If its possible and cheaper to remove the screen printing, you could buy one of this seller's old jerseys for $29.99, get the screen printing removed, and then get sewn on lettering for a current player.

Edit: I've done some research: Apparently you can use methylene chloride to remove screen printed lettering.
Here is a product that people use to do this: http://www.stahls.com/lettering-remover-solvent
Removing the giant numbers on the back would probably be really hard though.
Having a professional remove sewn on lettering is still easier and possibly cheaper.

I think the best bet might be to buy an old jersey and have a name plate sewn over the old name. Then have the numbers sewn on over the screen printed numbers. You'd have to find a jersey with a number used by a current player though.

Last edited by Doctor King Schultz: 01-08-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
You got the jerseys at a great price. Hold on to them, wait for the holidays to pass and this whole lockout thing to sort itself out and eventually icejerseys will have an awesome customization sale (they have a few every year) and that is when you should get it done. They do the best job in the industry and when they have their sales, it's the best value you'll get, making the jerseys a total steal, after what you paid on amazon for them.
Where would be the best place to get an Authentic Edge Jersey (Made in Canada) with customization? I looked at IceJersey - it says 'Made in Canada' on the description, but the picture clearly shows the green Indonesian band under the color. I've used some sites in the passed and gotten some great knock offs, but I'd like to be a snob and get a couple of top notch Authentics (at a somewhat fair price). Would I be better off ordering online or going into the city and hitting up Cosby's or the NHL shop?

Thanks

Not that it matters, but I'm leaning towards a Home Nash, and an away McDonough. I also want a Team Sweden Henrik at some point.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Ice Jerseys has always shipped me Canadian edge jerseys. It could just be the stock photo they have is of the Indonesian jersey. They are located right next to the Reebok factory in Canada, actually. You could ask them via their customer service, but I have only ever received Canadian jerseys from them. Also, if you customize an authentic, you'll want to make sure you spell it McDonagh and not McDonough.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Ice Jerseys has always shipped me Canadian edge jerseys. It could just be the stock photo they have is of the Indonesian jersey. They are located right next to the Reebok factory in Canada, actually. You could ask them via their customer service, but I have only ever received Canadian jerseys from them. Also, if you customize an authentic, you'll want to make sure you spell it McDonagh and not McDonough.
Case in point that hockey's been gone for too long...

http://www.amazon.com/Mens-York-Rang...838453&sr=1-39

- Are those the real deal Authentics? If so, I may just pick up a couple and then have them customized some place.

Thanks

Closed Thread