HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
  #476
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So what you are saying is I shouldn't get this jersey?

http://www.chinajerseys123.com/Nhl-h...h_e116474.html

I have a friend who has ordered multiple jerseys of different sports from this site. I am expecting it to look decent, obviously not perfect for the price, but I don't want to pay $100+ for a jersey I may wear once or twice a year considering how often I can make it to games.
I wouldn't suggest it. I mean like I said, you really don't know what you're getting until it comes, but EVERY bootleg heritage jersey I've seen has horrible numbers (they don't look like they do in that picture, it's pretty much all red with a thin white line around it).

It's up to you though, I would say any bootleg heritage is going to look like an obvious bootleg. If you're not a jersey-head, 90% of the garden crowd won't know the difference. If you want something that looks just like what they wear, you're not going to get it. My jerseys that have some extra customization (3rds, letters, etc) have all been authentics, but I don't mind the boots at all for a normal jersey without a letter

petejudge is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:23 AM
  #477
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
http://www.chinajerseys123.com/New-Y...e_e116498.html

Sorry to double post, but this link is a good example of what the Leetch one will likely look like. C is way too high and too the side, and the outline of the numbers is WAY too thin. Other then that, it looks fine, so for 1-2 wears a year who cares. The captain's letters bother me a lot more than the numbers, but it's definitely enough to keep me away.

petejudge is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
  #478
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
http://www.chinajerseys123.com/New-Y...e_e116498.html

Sorry to double post, but this link is a good example of what the Leetch one will likely look like. C is way too high and too the side, and the outline of the numbers is WAY too thin. Other then that, it looks fine, so for 1-2 wears a year who cares. The captain's letters bother me a lot more than the numbers, but it's definitely enough to keep me away.
Thank you very much for your help! I'll probably go with the Leetch regular home jersey. I have always wanted a Leetch jersey and considering I plan on wearing it just a few times it should be fine.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
  #479
NYR Lunchbox
Registered User
 
NYR Lunchbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
hey guys im looking to get a 3rd heritage authentic customized and was curious to know in ur opinions who can do it best? especially if i get a "C" if i choose cally. also if anyone knows of customization sales please lmk. thanks in advance

NYR Lunchbox is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
  #480
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
I wouldn't suggest it. I mean like I said, you really don't know what you're getting until it comes, but EVERY bootleg heritage jersey I've seen has horrible numbers (they don't look like they do in that picture, it's pretty much all red with a thin white line around it).

It's up to you though, I would say any bootleg heritage is going to look like an obvious bootleg. If you're not a jersey-head, 90% of the garden crowd won't know the difference. If you want something that looks just like what they wear, you're not going to get it. My jerseys that have some extra customization (3rds, letters, etc) have all been authentics, but I don't mind the boots at all for a normal jersey without a letter
The indo edges have a closer relation to the bootlegs. Compared to a CDN edge the indo one has lesser quality and feels strange. I have premiers, Edges (only CDN. I tried on an indo in store.) and 2 boots. The boots more closely resemble indo edges, except usually the numbers on boots are glossy/puffy. I have them taken off the boot I got and had real ones put on

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 11:26 AM
  #481
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So what you are saying is I shouldn't get this jersey?

http://www.chinajerseys123.com/Nhl-h...h_e116474.html

I have a friend who has ordered multiple jerseys of different sports from this site. I am expecting it to look decent, obviously not perfect for the price, but I don't want to pay $100+ for a jersey I may wear once or twice a year considering how often I can make it to games.
The red stripe on the bottom is too thick, the font on the "New York" is not a match with the actual font used and the number on the back is not the same as the ones on the heritage jerseys at all. If they're all "close enough" for your taste than go for it. Only you can decide. It's very evident that it's not the genuine article though.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:03 AM
  #482
RUSF18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Any places still selling Winter Classic jerseys? Preferably blank?

RUSF18 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:05 AM
  #483
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
Any places still selling Winter Classic jerseys? Preferably blank?

http://www.sportsk.com/rangers-nhl-hockey-jerseys.html

I bought a Lundqvist winter classic jersey from here but they sell blanks too.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
  #484
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
http://www.sportsk.com/rangers-nhl-hockey-jerseys.html

I bought a Lundqvist winter classic jersey from here but they sell blanks too.
I've heard mixed reviews from sportsk, but mostly good reviews. I bought two authentics (white and alternate blue) from them last year and they did a great job on the stitching for both.

McDunna with Fries is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
  #485
GloveSave35
Registered User
 
GloveSave35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
I've purchased two premiers from sports and can vouch for their quality as well. I've been nothing but happy with them.

GloveSave35 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
  #486
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Coolhockey.com

Has anyone ordered from coolhockey.com? I contacted them and their authentics are from Canada. Are they legit, how is their customization?

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
  #487
thechrisformatNYR
Registered User
 
thechrisformatNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
Has anyone ordered from coolhockey.com? I contacted them and their authentics are from Canada. Are they legit, how is their customization?
I just bought a Nash from them earlier in the month. They did a fantastic job. Think I like it better than an IceJerseys one I have... They use the nameplate as well.

thechrisformatNYR is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
  #488
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
I'm getting a Bickel jersey... oh yeah.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:48 PM
  #489
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
tempted to pick up a Premier jersey as nowhere seems to have authentics right now. How do the sizes compare? I'm a 52 in authentic, would that be XL?

mike14 is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:34 AM
  #490
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
tempted to pick up a Premier jersey as nowhere seems to have authentics right now. How do the sizes compare? I'm a 52 in authentic, would that be XL?
I'm a 52 authentic and a Large in Premier. If anything, they are both slightly loose on me. I've worn a Medium in Premiers as well but prefer the way a Large fits.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:19 AM
  #491
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
tempted to pick up a Premier jersey as nowhere seems to have authentics right now. How do the sizes compare? I'm a 52 in authentic, would that be XL?
Icejerseys has authentics, but is pricey:

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/N...4962/?pstart=1

Amazon has some Indo-Edges pretty cheap. You can then send it out to be customized.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER


Last edited by lhg39: 02-01-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: new info
lhg39 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
  #492
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SF, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Anyone know where to get a lundie swedish jersey?
I only found on sportsk but it is way too big.

highandwide is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
  #493
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,986
vCash: 500
Jerseys for sale, reasonable prices.

Selling a 85th Lundy. I think it's a knock-off. But it looks decent unless you are a jersey nerd. It's pretty big. No tears, etc. I wore it twice. If anyone wants it let me know, It's better than most. The lining of the red numbers looks better than most other knock offs when comparing it to my authentic 85th Cally. Pretty much trying to get a few dollars as I'm hurtin for money. Nothing even close to a lot though. like 15-25 bucks.

Also selling an old black Sabres jersey, size L, (with the red B and Sabre thru it on the shoulder, that one). #81. It's a replica CCM jersey.

ALSO selling a Blue 90's Mark Messier Rangers jersey all numbers and letters sewn/stitched in , it's the Heroes Of Hockey edtion of it. It's like a size 54. I got one that fit me, so I can sell this one.


Last edited by Silence Of The Plams: 02-01-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:36 PM
  #494
Ozil
Registered User
 
Ozil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
I ordered the authentic home jersey from icejerseys.com with Nash lettering. Anyone had any experiences with them and their lettering?

Ozil is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:16 PM
  #495
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
Has anyone ordered from coolhockey.com? I contacted them and their authentics are from Canada. Are they legit, how is their customization?
I bought a Gaborik Away Premier from coolhockey about a month ago because they were having a free customization sale. They did an excellent job, like someone else said, they used a name plate and everything. It ships from Canada and arrived 7 days after placing the order (to NYC), with regular shipping.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:56 AM
  #496
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Hey all,
Im having difficulties with this sizing chart, as I cant figure out what the units of measurement are.

I have two size 54's from them, both huge. Not at all like the RBK authentic 54s. To be fair, I thought they ran like those, and not like ccms when I first got them. The sleeve length for the Metzen 54s is dress like. The sleeve length I like is 24 inches. The sleeve length on the sizing chart for a 54 is 48. 48 what though? Its not cm. I should also mention that the chest and length is also a bit big. Seems to fit like a xxl or xxxl even. In a premier Id wear either a L or xl, and xl in ccm (usually)

Im thinking I go 50 this time around, but I cant be sure. Maybe someone can help me out quickly.

http://www.metzen-germany.de/index.p...mid=32&lang=en

Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 06:51 AM
  #497
Problematique
Registered User
 
Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Any body deal with Lundqvist Sweden jerseys before?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Henrik-Lu...item2a28bd76bd

How good does this fake look? Wondering if it's worth the money, decided I'm going to complete my Lundqvist collection- which just leaves a Sweden, Winter Classic and Heritage Alternate to go...

Problematique is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
  #498
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
Hey all,
Im having difficulties with this sizing chart, as I cant figure out what the units of measurement are.

I have two size 54's from them, both huge. Not at all like the RBK authentic 54s. To be fair, I thought they ran like those, and not like ccms when I first got them. The sleeve length for the Metzen 54s is dress like. The sleeve length I like is 24 inches. The sleeve length on the sizing chart for a 54 is 48. 48 what though? Its not cm. I should also mention that the chest and length is also a bit big. Seems to fit like a xxl or xxxl even. In a premier Id wear either a L or xl, and xl in ccm (usually)

Im thinking I go 50 this time around, but I cant be sure. Maybe someone can help me out quickly.

http://www.metzen-germany.de/index.p...mid=32&lang=en
It looks like sleeve length is the length from the tip of one sleeve to the other when you lay the jersey out as shown in the sizing image. Try measuring your 54 that way and see if you come back with 48".

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:48 PM
  #499
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
It looks like sleeve length is the length from the tip of one sleeve to the other when you lay the jersey out as shown in the sizing image. Try measuring your 54 that way and see if you come back with 48".
So a guy on the Germany boards says its indeed cm, his 54 measures 54 with no problem, so Im so confused now. The guy at the German site says I should try a 52, but im concerned with the same sleeve length itll still be huge. here are two pics of it:




Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 07:02 PM
  #500
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 50
Mn looking at the sportsk site and seeing the Kreider jersey I feel bad for the people who got caught up in the hype during play offs and went off to buy one.

Oak is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.