HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2012, 07:27 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
I got a Kreider from NHL store... with stitching, NOT heat press. If you're spending $170 for a Jersey, spend the extra $30 and get it right.

Wore it for the first time to game 6 vs. Devils. GULP...

Old
08-13-2012, 07:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Just a random thought.

A Rangers jersey is Rangers jersey. No one should feel awful because theirs may not be exactly what the players wear.

Its what the jersey represents that matters.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:54 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Just a random thought.

A Rangers jersey is Rangers jersey. No one should feel awful because theirs may not be exactly what the players wear.

Its what the jersey represents that matters.
If people want to wear a knockoff jersey for $40, that's fine. I personally don't like them but that's up to the person that's wearing them. I just don't understand why people would wear some of the worse looking knockoffs that are atrocious or those people that would wear the fake WC jersey that wasn't actually the design. Even worse, those same people would have Avery on it. For the $40 it costs to get those jerseys, I'd rather just pick up two player tee's.

08-13-2012, 08:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
If people want to wear a knockoff jersey for $40, that's fine. I personally don't like them but that's up to the person that's wearing them. I just don't understand why people would wear some of the worse looking knockoffs that are atrocious or those people that would wear the fake WC jersey that wasn't actually the design. Even worse, those same people would have Avery on it. For the $40 it costs to get those jerseys, I'd rather just pick up two player tee's.
Yup. Replica jerseys suck. I understand that not everyone can afford to drop $250+ on a jersey...but some of the crap people buy/wear is just silly looking.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
I still cant believe some people still wear those fake WC jerseys. I have a fake Staal Jersey but it actually looks realistic, you have to wait for a friend to buy from the site in order to see how they look. btw even I got over Avery although I still wear my player tee of him

Old
08-13-2012, 09:28 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueblue30 View Post
Managed to pick this beauty up online, very happy about it

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
How much did you get that for?

Old
08-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize

I have found some NY Rangers jerseys on a very popular auction house .. in UK - should be a fake, correct?

The price is around 35 british pound - so..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unbenannt.JPG‎ (38.2 KB, 28 views)

Old
08-15-2012, 08:19 AM
vstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realize View Post

I have found some NY Rangers jerseys on a very popular auction house .. in UK - should be a fake, correct?

Fake. You can take the guesswork out of these things by looking at that "made in canada - ccm" tag inside the collar, authentic jerseys does not have that tag. And the "reebok" plate is missing from the lower left corner.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
Fake. You can take the guesswork out of these things by looking at that "made in canada - ccm" tag inside the collar, authentic jerseys does not have that tag. And the "reebok" plate is missing from the lower left corner.
Possible authentics should not have that reebok plate on the lower left corner I think..?
Also, only the authentics are made in canada.. which would be correct on this picture (even if it seems sure that this is a fake)

Old
08-15-2012, 08:34 AM
vstk

Quote:
Possible authentics should not have that reebok plate on the lower left corner I think..?
Also, only the authentics are made in canada.. which would be correct on this picture (even if it seems sure that this is a fake)
You're right about the authentics, I meant to say Premier and Replicas. Does authentics actually have that tag in there as well?

Hmm. Now i'm confused.

e: Guess I was wrong, forget everything what I said.

/facepalm

Last edited by vstk: 08-15-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Guys please remember this is buyer beware. Please buy at your own risk and be careful what's posted on here and what you buy.

08-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Realize

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Guys please remember this is buyer beware. Please buy at your own risk and be careful what's posted on here and what you buy.
Yes you are sure, but I think in generally it's just good to exchange some experiances with other guys to avoid buying fakes accidentally ..

Old
08-15-2012, 11:18 AM
xbure9x

Quote:

FAKE. In addition to what else was mentioned, another give away is it has the 85th anniversary patch on the shoulder and the word "REEBOK" on the back of the jersey. The year the patch was used the jersey should have the reebok vector logo on the back.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:37 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Got a Home McD authentic jersey from the NHL store as a gift from the wife during our wedding. She tried to get me the 'New York' thirds but they didn't have any in June when she got it as they told her they only make those at the start of the season.

Awesome jersey though! SHe was asking me for months 'hypothetically' who I would get. She narrowed it to Cally, McD, Dubi and Staal. I told her I would absoutely not get Dubi as he would probably be traded. Good thing she didn't go that route. SHe had a tough time deciding between McD and Cally but glad she picked #27!

I actually haven't noticed if it had the Reebok logo on the back or Reebok spelled out.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:12 PM
JoeBoo

New Guy Here

Hey everyone. New registered user here, yet a longtime reader and Rangers fanatic.

I've been researching for a Winter Classic Callahan Jersey, yet with all the threads I have read and experiences from everyone and such, it seems the more consistently quality-made & satisfying jersey would be the dark blue, 3rd heritage jersey.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on where I can get a premier with the "C" & 85th Anniversary patch that would be as close as possible to an authentic. (Proper size lettering & number placement, colors, nameplates, outlines, Reebok Vector logo, etc.)

I am aware that most of you all have mentioned IceJerseys ($198.50), pro-jerseys ($169.99), & Sportsk ($165.00). I was also curious if anyone had any luck with this eBay seller and the jerseys provided there.. Here is a link, http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-CALLAHA...ht_5142wt_1319

NHL.shop has Callahan jerseys, but it looks like from what I read they are screen printed and made in India. Unfortunately, I have yet to check out the NHL Store in Manhattan as I don't travel into NYC much, and I'm about an hour away in NJ.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old
08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoo View Post
Hey everyone. New registered user here, yet a longtime reader and Rangers fanatic.

I've been researching for a Winter Classic Callahan Jersey, yet with all the threads I have read and experiences from everyone and such, it seems the more consistently quality-made & satisfying jersey would be the dark blue, 3rd heritage jersey.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on where I can get a premier with the "C" & 85th Anniversary patch that would be as close as possible to an authentic. (Proper size lettering & number placement, colors, nameplates, outlines, Reebok Vector logo, etc.)

I am aware that most of you all have mentioned IceJerseys ($198.50), pro-jerseys ($169.99), & Sportsk ($165.00). I was also curious if anyone had any luck with this eBay seller and the jerseys provided there.. Here is a link, http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-CALLAHA...ht_5142wt_1319

NHL.shop has Callahan jerseys, but it looks like from what I read they are screen printed and made in India. Unfortunately, I have yet to check out the NHL Store in Manhattan as I don't travel into NYC much, and I'm about an hour away in NJ.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Welcome to the boards!

Personally, I wouldn't get a Callahan that has both the 85th patch and the captain's C as it wouldn't be accurate but that's just me. My brother has one with the A.

Anyway, check Jersey Express. They have it for $170 and do great work.

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/new...te-jersey.html

Old
08-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Occidentalist
Beernerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Got a Home McD authentic jersey from the NHL store as a gift from the wife during our wedding. She tried to get me the 'New York' thirds but they didn't have any in June when she got it as they told her they only make those at the start of the season.

Awesome jersey though! SHe was asking me for months 'hypothetically' who I would get. She narrowed it to Cally, McD, Dubi and Staal. I told her I would absoutely not get Dubi as he would probably be traded. Good thing she didn't go that route. SHe had a tough time deciding between McD and Cally but glad she picked #27!

I actually haven't noticed if it had the Reebok logo on the back or Reebok spelled out.
NHL store has only had Indo Edge's for awhile now.

Old
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
mti79

So I just got my jersey in from SportsK and it is awesome. Fully stitched, "Reebok" tag on the back instead of the vector logo. Again, I'm not going to post pictures or tell you all who it is because I'm ashamed that I bought it but it's a gift for my best man at my upcoming wedding. But I really really recommend these guys. They're consummate professionals. Shipped my order in 2 parts because the others were in stock and this one had to be sewn and didn't charge me extra for dual shipping. Very good customer service. I will definitely be using them for my next Rangers jersey purchase.... Just need to decide between a Hagelin Winter Classic or some other jersey.

Old
08-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Vidic15

Anybody know why the numbers are smaller on the premier jerseys? Can someone recommend an online vendor that will have the right size numbers on the replicas?

Old
08-17-2012, 06:05 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post

Never let her out of your sight.

Old
08-17-2012, 06:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Anybody know why the numbers are smaller on the premier jerseys? Can someone recommend an online vendor that will have the right size numbers on the replicas?
http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-nhl-hockey-jerseys.html

Old
08-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Cool, thanks. I take it you have ordered from them before. Any problems, issues?

Old
08-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Puckinright
i like hockey.

Just bought a Callahan jersey prior to his "a" or "c". Best place online to purchase a home blue "C" which I can sew on? Thanks!

Old
08-18-2012, 08:06 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalist View Post
NHL store has only had Indo Edge's for awhile now.
Not true. Only saw one Indonesian "heat press" jersey there when I was there two weeks ago. Most are authentics or blank primiers that they customized with authentic stitching. Normal sized numbers and everything for $205

Old
08-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
There's a Robitaille jersey (authentic, not sure if a gamee) signed for 229. Not sure if want,

Closed Thread