Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

NBC dropping the ball on coverage

Old
08-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Afino
The Juice

vCash: 500
NBC has effectively killed their own new show as a big **** YOU to America one last time. It's one big troll.

Great job!

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:31 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQS View Post
One more fail for NBC. They're cutting out parts of the closing cermony. Examples include Jacque Rogue and other speeches being trimmed and also all the dancing after the Take That performance and before the extingishing of the olympic fire. All cut.

Can NBC NOT butcher their olympics coverage JUST ONCE? And oh yeah, The Who performance is completely gone too and now they're showing some stupid new show of theirs. Maybe they'll show it later on, who knows.
They are showing The Who...after they show that stupid monkey show. I swear, really?

The only positive I got out of all their tape delay coverage is that they mentioned Rio is on East Coast time. Maybe, just MAYBE in 4 yrs we'll get to see a whole live Olympics. I for one will not be holding my breath of course.

Can't wait til I'm old and moldy and kids ask me "where were you when Usain Bolt ran at the Olympics?". "Oh, y'know cussing at my live stream which was buffering cause NBC didn't show live events".

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
xi du

Did they show the closing montage at the end of their broadcast, or did they just cut away to the pet show?

xi du is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I know in Vancouver, NBC cut away and then came back. But they also weren't missing the Who.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:14 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapDisBong View Post
Did they show the closing montage at the end of their broadcast, or did they just cut away to the pet show?
They kept showing commercials so I eventually changed it and didn't see whatever their ending was.

They just showed about 8 minutes of The Who and after commercials are talking to the US athletes. Apparently now you know how important they are to NBC considering it is now past midnight on the East coast and most people have probably gone to bed.

14 after, more commercials, but coming up next Bob Costas, cause you haven't suffered enough!

:20 Bob giving us the moral aspect like the ending of some 80s sitcom once again talking over athletes, this time a montage (many things NBC never even showed live or tape delay). Good, if muted.

:25 Leaving the studio and closing credits.

So, yup, NBC made people stay up for that.

Last edited by KaylaJ: 08-13-2012 at 12:25 AM.
KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
They kept showing commercials so I eventually changed it and didn't see whatever their ending was.

They just showed about 8 minutes of The Who and after commercials are talking to the US athletes. Apparently now you know how important they are to NBC considering it is now past midnight on the East coast and most people have probably gone to bed.

14 after, more commercials, but coming up next Bob Costas, cause you haven't suffered enough!

:20 Bob giving us the moral aspect like the ending of some 80s sitcom once again talking over athletes, this time a montage (many things NBC never even showed live or tape delay). Good, if muted.

I'm so glad I got rid of cable/satellite ... sounds like I didn't miss a damn thing

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:01 AM
GQS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post

I think the closing credits montage is probably the only thing I love about NBC that they always get right.

GQS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:15 AM
xi du

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQS View Post
I think the closing credits montage is probably the only thing I love about NBC that they always get right.
Good, I'm glad I'm just recording the last 30 minutes. You've saved this west coaster about 3 hours. Thanks.

xi du is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:49 AM
The Imp

So I hear NBC managed to PG-13 "always look on the bright side of life"?

'Cause it was certainly performed with its original lyrics.

The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
So I hear NBC managed to PG-13 "always look on the bright side of life"?

'Cause it was certainly performed with its original lyrics.
Isn't the s-word allowed these days if it airs late enough? Or is it just cable? It's not censored on Conan.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Isn't the s-word allowed these days if it airs late enough? Or is it just cable? It's not censored on Conan.
Past 9:00pm is fine over here. Don't see why they'd censor it.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Past 9:00pm is fine over here. Don't see why they'd censor it.
Most European countries seem to follow that guideline, ie. swearing, nudity and violence is ok after 9 pm.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote