HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

McCaber16's GM Connected League Xbox 360: Sim Only *Taking Reserves**

Old
08-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Columbus and Montreal don't even look like their teams and the games not even out...

Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:23 AM
korndog81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Columbus and Montreal don't even look like their teams and the games not even out...
Not only is the game not out yet, but the RATINGS are not out yet. I don't see what the rush is myself.

korndog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:45 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
We don't like we had...

We're not going to win now... Ratings... I've got one of the best goalies in the game...

You guys base everything on ratings... What if we're aloud to coach... Advantage me... I coach IRL....

We have the right to be active. Our teams are broken were doing our best to fix it.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:46 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by korndog81 View Post
Not only is the game not out yet, but the RATINGS are not out yet. I don't see what the rush is myself.
It's kinda unfortunate actually. Because you have to rush to get guys before they're gone and you may end up trading the better player. It's hard to know if patience will pay off

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:54 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It's kinda unfortunate actually. Because you have to rush to get guys before they're gone and you may end up trading the better player. It's hard to know if patience will pay off
Very good point, but IMO it's gunna be about how you develop them.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
mccaber16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
One of the reasons I didn't really want to allow trading...

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaber16 View Post
One of the reasons I didn't really want to allow trading...
I see where you're coming from, but I mean it's our risk right ?

As commish you can veto it.

My point is though, the ones who trade are the ones who are taking a risk, and we know it.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:16 PM
mccaber16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I see where you're coming from, but I mean it's our risk right ?

As commish you can veto it.

My point is though, the ones who trade are the ones who are taking a risk, and we know it.
Well, I've made everything unofficial. So, essentially if NJ's GM sees that I have traded fo Luongo he can go right ahead and out bid me for Luongo. And the same for every trade out there.

Quite the disadvantage having your offer public.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well, I've made everything unofficial. So, essentially if NJ's GM sees that I have traded fo Luongo he can go right ahead and out bid me for Luongo. And the same for every trade out there.

Quite the disadvantage having your offer public.
Ya but it goes both ways.

It sets a bar.... If someone hiijacks your deal you go and hijack theirs.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
mccaber16

Quote:
Ya but it goes both ways.

It sets a bar.... If someone hiijacks your deal you go and hijack theirs.
I'm seriously considering cancelling all these deals. It probably won't stop all the trades from happening but it allows the entire league to get into negotiations and trade for players who are available.

I was thinking putting a trade freeze on until after the first two week advance period. This ensures every GM is active, knows how the sim and game works to an extent and has a better understanding of what their needs are instead of relying on NHL 12 stats and ratings.

You would of course still be able to go ahead and make the same deals that have been agreed on but now every GM that has interest in a certain player will have an opportunity to acquire them instead of missing out.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:53 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm seriously considering cancelling all these deals. It probably won't stop all the trades from happening but it allows the entire league to get into negotiations and trade for players who are available.

I was thinking putting a trade freeze on until after the first two week advance period. This ensures every GM is active, knows how the sim and game works to an extent and has a better understanding of what their needs are instead of relying on NHL 12 stats and ratings.

You would of course still be able to go ahead and make the same deals that have been agreed on but now every GM that has interest in a certain player will have an opportunity to acquire them instead of missing out.
It's your league, your rules, personally I don't care.

Some will back out, some will uphold, others will get better offers.

I suppose it's fair cause some of us have been extremely active.

*ill be changing my GT shortly.

Old
08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Quote:
I think that's a good thing considering Columbus was in last place last year and traded Rick Nash this offseason. I'd rather come in last with a ton of blue chip prospects than come in last with a bunch of guys who have already reached their potential.

I make trades based on my actual knowledge of hockey. I also factor in what I think EA could rate their overall and potential.

I'm happy with every deal i've made and no matter the ratings i'm sticking with all my trades. I know that the ratings will be very on par to how I think the players ratings should be it's not like Fedor Tyutin is gonna be a 92 overall. He's gonna be around a high seventies- 84 at the max. There new rating system has toned it down for almost every player. Nugent hopkins is an 80 overall. I'm just hoping people don't freak out when they see the player they traded for is a 77 rather than a 83 because the rest of the players will be treated like that.

If you want to stop trading a bit. We should make a rule that from now on every trade made is final. If you want to wait until ratings come out to deal then so be it. If not then go ahead and take a risk of making a trade. Just know that there is no taking it back.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Like the montreal guy said before. Most of my trades are becaus I feel i can develop these players within the next 3-5 years and be a contender for a long time.

I also say no hijacking deals that's just dumb. If you want that player send the team he got traded to an offer

Old
08-05-2012, 01:30 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

If you don't like my previous ideas. You should freeze trading. Keep the deals that have been made but if you want say no more trading until the GM connected mode is setup and everyone is in it.

For the deals that have already been made. Everyone should consult the team they have made deals with and either finalize them like make them official now or withdraw them. don't leave them out on the table.

Honestly this will be the only season there is really a ton of deals that will be made after the first season there will be some trades but not many. People are building their cores now and are planning on keeping them for a while.

Old
08-05-2012, 02:14 PM
korndog81

Quote:
We don't like we had...

We're not going to win now... Ratings... I've got one of the best goalies in the game...

You guys base everything on ratings... What if we're aloud to coach... Advantage me... I coach IRL....

We have the right to be active. Our teams are broken were doing our best to fix it.
I'm just saying don't get mad at me for not rushing to trade my superstar player.

Old
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

No one will be angry at you if you don't trade your superstar. Atleast I know i wouldn't be and i doubt anyone else would be.

Again the reason I've made so many deals is because I don't want my team to look like the columbus of old. That's the point of a rebuild everyone.

Old
08-05-2012, 02:34 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm just saying don't get mad at me for not rushing to trade my superstar player.
Don't get mad at me for making trades.

Old
08-05-2012, 03:04 PM
mccaber16

**All Deals Void w/ Trade Freeze Until After First Advancement**

After some consideration I have decided to cancel all deals. I am one of the teams who has been involved in trading and will be effected by this just as much as some of you.

My goal in this league is to create a league that is fair to everyone involved. There is really only one reason needed in order for me to justify this and that is the simple fact that not everyone has been active. There are some "GM"'s who are friends of friends here without accounts yet. There is a member that is on vacation. The amount of "GM"'s in this league that have responded to my messages are only about half of the league. This is hardly fair and to those who disagree with this reasoning can PM me to voice their opinion.

Secondly, when I had decided to allow trading to begin with I had made it quite clear that every deal was unofficial, and any team can offer better deals for any player in any trade. Any team can withdraw from a trade for ANY reason. This was in the OP, in several points within this thread as well as in the Google Doc. Now I am hearing complaints that these trades should be considered final and teams shouldn't be able to "hijack" other deals. How exactly is this more fair than offering assets for a star player before other teams have the ability to negotiate for this player?

I am expecting the counterargument to this should be that it's the teams risk to trade players while they could get more if they were patient. That it is their own fault if they could get a better deal if they were patient. While this is true, there is plenty of time once the league has started for this same patience vs. urgency tradeoff to occur while all teams are active.

The reasoning for including a trade freeze until after the first advancement is that it will allow every GM the opportunity to play around and understand new player ratings, potential, how the SIM engine works, tactics, etc. etc. By doing this it is ensuring that every GM in the league will have some understanding. If there is a preseason, I may change the trade freeze to end before the first game of the season but I am pretty sure I have read that there is no preseason in GM Connected.

If there is any strong opinions on this please PM me. I understand there are a few teams that have made quite a few deals and will likely be upset with this rule but there is nothing stopping you from offering these same deals once the trade freeze is over.

Last edited by mccaber16: 08-05-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old
08-05-2012, 03:07 PM
korndog81

Quote:
Don't get mad at me for making trades.
Never said I was mad, just that I didn't get it. And I never said you couldn't make trades either as others have said that sometimes worth the risk to make a trade this early. But I don't think I would trade for rookies either because ea always screws them up.

Old
08-05-2012, 03:32 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Honestly I'm fine with this ill make all these trades again when we get this going. I just don't know what to do to pass the time now lol

Old
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
korndog81

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
Honestly I'm fine with this ill make all these trades again when we get this going. I just don't know what to do to pass the time now lol
I know what you mean, I need more hockey fix

Old
08-05-2012, 04:02 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Quote:
I know what you mean, I need more hockey fix
Haha I know this is gonna be the longest month and 6 or so days ever lol

Old
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Never said I was mad, just that I didn't get it. And I never said you couldn't make trades either as others have said that sometimes worth the risk to make a trade this early. But I don't think I would trade for rookies either because ea always screws them up.
So we're good.

And EA can't rate rookies for ****...

Benjamin Conz 1st overall...

Old
08-05-2012, 04:42 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Fair enough, do we have a date for when the season will start.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

I think we should do that GM CONFIRMED thing that those other leagues did so we know which gm's really care.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote