HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Free Agency Thread - Part XXII: Doan Go Breakin My Heart Edition

View Poll Results: So where do you think we go from here?
RayRay will sign a UFA quality wing in the preseason 4 2.67%
RayRay will sign a UFA grinder because thatís just how we roll 13 8.67%
RayRay will swing a preseason trade for a quality wing 19 12.67%
RayRay will swing a preseason trade for a grinder 2 1.33%
RayRay will give Adams a $11.5 million raise. 22 14.67%
RayRay will swing a trade deadline trade for a quality wing 62 41.33%
RayRay will buy himself $12 million of bling and rock this house 10 6.67%
Who gives a ****? Edward and Bella broke up, OMG 18 12.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
  #401
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsono93 View Post
What would it take to get Subban? He's one heck of a player.
Despres +

Le Magnifique 66 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
  #402
Mordax
It don't Maatta
 
Mordax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
i hate subban, i'd be extremely conflicted to welcome him as our new evil overlord.
fyp...

Mordax is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
  #403
shizno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Give him permission to go after Staals other foot?

shizno is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
  #404
Zbynek
Registered User
 
Zbynek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
PK Subban will never be a Pittsburgh Penguin. He's just a worse version of Kris Letang.

Zbynek is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
  #405
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizno View Post
Give him permission to go after Staals other foot?
for sure, Staal's a jerk. remember when he suckerpunched Prust? Man what a classless jerk.


Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
  #406
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
PK Subban will never be a Pittsburgh Penguin. He's just a worse version of Kris Letang.
Ya it would suck to have another guy similar to Letang.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
  #407
deakka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Ya it would suck to have another guy similar to Letang.
Was thinking exatly this!

Its like saying, well "insert player" is just a worse version of Crosby, so we dont need him.

deakka is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
  #408
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
FWIW, I am not sure I'd still want Subban once I know the price tag, but it is baffling to me that Douglas ****ing Murray has more fanbois around here than P.K. does. MADNESS!

TorstenFrings is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
  #409
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
FWIW, I am not sure I'd still want Subban once I know the price tag, but it is baffling to me that Douglas ****ing Murray has more fanbois around here than P.K. does. MADNESS!
dude he's so physical though!

seriously, everybody should want Subban if somehow he became available for an affordable price. I don't think that'll ever happen, but if it somehow does you want him. All of you. If you say you don't, you are a damn liar.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
  #410
gordie
Registered User
 
gordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
Subban is a physical presence that is needed in Pittsburgh but because he is known as a player his own teammates hate, he is someone to be avoided.

gordie is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
  #411
ColePens
Global Moderator
IWC Veteran
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 37,672
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
FWIW, I am not sure I'd still want Subban once I know the price tag, but it is baffling to me that Douglas ****ing Murray has more fanbois around here than P.K. does. MADNESS!
The reason there are more Murray "fanbois" around is because it's more of a realistic situation. Nobody will doubt PK's ability, but you forget to add in price/term/etc. Oh... and what you have to give up to get these guys.

Simply comparing Murray and Subban is not what people are doing here.

ColePens is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:44 PM
  #412
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsono93 View Post
What would it take to get Subban? He's one heck of a player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Despres + Draft Picks... how many and which ones would depend on the offer sheet.
Fixed.

We're not trading anyone of value for Subban because it would be too costly (vs. draft picks). We'd either offer sheet him or do nothing.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
  #413
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Subban is a physical presence that is needed in Pittsburgh but because he is known as a player his own teammates hate, he is someone to be avoided.
Never heard that before, and I'm not sure I believe it. I'd love to have Subban on the Pens.

Jacob is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:55 PM
  #414
Zbynek
Registered User
 
Zbynek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Ya it would suck to have another guy similar to Letang.

Zbynek is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  #415
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
The reason there are more Murray "fanbois" around is because it's more of a realistic situation. Nobody will doubt PK's ability, but you forget to add in price/term/etc. Oh... and what you have to give up to get these guys.

Simply comparing Murray and Subban is not what people are doing here.
Well, I DID INDEED say I wasn't sure I wanted Subban once I knew the price in terms of assets in a trade. Since I know, I don't want Murray unless he costs only guys we'd waive anyway otherwise, I am sticking with my original statement on this.

TorstenFrings is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:19 PM
  #416
Mordax
It don't Maatta
 
Mordax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
I *heart* Andrew WK...

Mordax is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:20 PM
  #417
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
FWIW, I am not sure I'd still want Subban once I know the price tag, but it is baffling to me that Douglas ****ing Murray has more fanbois around here than P.K. does. MADNESS!
So if anyone here has an opinion of what players we should go after, we should all shut our mouthes because people like you will ridicule others.

Can't make a suggestion here or might get called a fanboy.


Jules Winnfield is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
  #418
Mordax
It don't Maatta
 
Mordax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
So if anyone here has an opinion of what players we should go after, we should all shut our mouthes because people like you will ridicule others.

Can't make a suggestion here or might get called a fanboy.

Good ole' HF!

Mordax is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
  #419
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
I *heart* Andrew WK...
I've seen this before but don't know the context. I want to believe that is a rock and roll man making fun of the Fox News guy because he doesn't see him, but I'm not quite sure.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
  #420
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 76,028
vCash: 50
There's no way we have what it takes to get Subban without giving a big portion of talent.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
  #421
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma
 
Beauner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,026
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I've seen this before but don't know the context. I want to believe that is a rock and roll man making fun of the Fox News guy because he doesn't see him, but I'm not quite sure.



Beauner is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:05 PM
  #422
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
There's no way we have what it takes to get Subban without giving a big portion of talent.
the idea was an offersheet. Not that I think it'll happen and if it does I think they'd match anything that isn't a stupid overpayment.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:10 PM
  #423
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?
 
Sour Shoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Home of Black+Gold
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
pk subban would provide even more slewfoots for when we play the rangers. i'm all for it.

Sour Shoes is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
  #424
SEALBound
RIP Elmer
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
There's no way we have what it takes to get Subban without giving a big portion of talent.
I'd be OK with giving up Letang and Malkin for him...

SEALBound is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
  #425
HuskerTornado
A Bigger Boat
 
HuskerTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
I *heart* Andrew WK...

HuskerTornado is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.