HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 176: I've made a big mistake NASA fixed it MARS *****es

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Killinger View Post
But I had butter. She was trying to give me her "brown butter".
(An innuendo I had never heard before, nor since.)
I can't say I've heard that one either. But I guess you can turn anything into an innuendo with a wink and the right inflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
What? Must be summer.
You won it by like 40 posts.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
JimEIV

I found picture of me on my phone from vacation and I dont remember it happening.

Last edited by JimEIV: 07-31-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saugus View Post
You won it by like 50 posts.

:-|

Old
07-31-2012, 04:31 PM
JimEIV

Very Wild Horses.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
pastry in general isn't worth it.

and don't get me wrong... when i say pastry i mean, shortbread, pie crust, flaky, puff, phyllo, doughnuts..etc... not cake.

cake is always worth it.

need cupcakes? i'm your girl.
I re-read the whole thread since I like to see how things derail, and I have this to say: cake is the language of love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ3wGpWFLbI

language nsfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I found this picture of me on my phone from vacation and I dont remember it happening.
No **** Sherlock.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:52 PM
JimEIV

Anybody remember that wrestler from the 1980's The Iron Freak and his patented move the Camel toe Clutch?

Ahhh those were the days.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
The Iron Shiek's twitter feed is extremely entertaining.

07-31-2012, 10:51 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

What a crazy round of golf this afternoon.

First 6 holes, 12 over

Final 12 holes, Even with two birdies, two bogeys, and the rest pars.

Some range time before hand, and not literally rolling out of the bed and being on the course 30 minutes later probably would have helped curb that terrible start.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:11 PM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

I'm thinking I might play golf tomorrow, depending on how the weather is. I was in a groove for a while and basically playing the best golf of my life, but lately I've been ridiculously inconsistent.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:17 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
I'm thinking I might play golf tomorrow, depending on how the weather is. I was in a groove for a while and basically playing the best golf of my life, but lately I've been ridiculously inconsistent.
I've come to the conclusion that unless you play everyday, or are at least on the range every day, inconsistency is just something you have to live with in golf.

It pisses me off. If I could have just bogeyed those first 6 holes instead of carding two 7s and some 6s, I would have shot in the 70s...

Old
07-31-2012, 11:20 PM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
I've come to the conclusion that unless you play everyday, or are at least on the range every day, inconsistency is just something you have to live with in golf.

It pisses me off. If I could have just bogeyed those first 6 holes instead of carding two 7s and some 6s, I would have shot in the 70s...
Yeah, that's what makes golf so frustrating. The last the I played, I shot a 58 on the front nine and a 45 on the back nine (I usually shoot about 100).

Old
07-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Workaholics was awesome

Old
07-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i can't wait for it to cool off a bit and get back to it. my last round was one of my best ever. normally shoot two or three over on practically every hole, but on this one i made par on 7 holes and one birdie.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:54 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i can't wait for it to cool off a bit and get back to it. my last round was one of my best ever. normally shoot two or three over on practically every hole, but on this one i made par on 7 holes and one birdie.
That's another problem. **** this heat. Fall can't come soon enough.

Another thing that really screws me up on the course is slowwwww play. My God were the groups in front of us slow today. We usually play very fast. That's the pace I'm comfortable at. Having to wait 10 minutes between shots really throws me off.

Last edited by TheUnseenHand: 08-01-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Another thing that really screws me up on the course is slowwwww play. My God were the groups in front of use slow today. We usually play very fast. That's the pace I'm comfortable at. Having to wait 10 minutes between shots really throws me off.
soml

Old
08-01-2012, 01:21 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

I can't remember the last time I went for a run and didn't get a cramp, or one of my knees, ankles, or heels hurt. What the ****.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Scott04

Quote:
What a crazy round of golf this afternoon.

First 6 holes, 12 over

Final 12 holes, Even with two birdies, two bogeys, and the rest pars.

Some range time before hand, and not literally rolling out of the bed and being on the course 30 minutes later probably would have helped curb that terrible start.
That's always my problem. Whenever I have a morning tee time, my problem tends to be how I'm not fully awake (physically or mentally. either one). But regardless of when I tee off, not being loose/warmed up is always my issue. I either need to take more practice swings before I start a round, or I need like 10-20 shots at a range to get a feel for it. But I almost always triple bogey the first hole I play of any round and am then hit or miss on the 2nd hole. That's the most consistent part of my game: that I suck on the first hole.

Quote:
I'm probably playing Thursday. The rest of it sums up my life all too well. Do something very well one round, struggle somewhere else. Improve on the other thing, screw up something you once did well. Life.

Quote:

Good chance thats it. Sometimes I play once a week (and even had some weeks where I played twice) and I still feel like I just can't develop the right kind of touch I need for some shots. I don't shoot nearly that well, but I've had those runs where I'm giving away a stroke here or there on almost every hole when I shouldn't have. Had a round a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't chip for my life. I chipped it over the green from one end of the fringe to the fringe on the opposite side on about 4-5 straight holes on the back 9. Could have cut off at least one stroke each hole, but nope. Inconsistency kills me too.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what makes golf so frustrating. The last the I played, I shot a 58 on the front nine and a 45 on the back nine (I usually shoot about 100).
Aaaaand I do this too. Played with my dad last week. Shot a 52 on the front 9 (I played far worse than the score would indicate though). Shot a 44 on the back 9 (still don't think I played as well as the score indicates, but I got a par on the last 3 holes, so that helped a ton). I shoot in the low/mid 90s now, but I put up rounds a lot like what you just said. Maybe not as huge of a split, but I was shooting at around 100 every round like that too. Keep at it though and you'll probably find a way to knock off a few strokes. Especially if you can get it going better on the front 9 and find your form earlier in the round.

Quote:
That's another problem. **** this heat. Fall can't come soon enough.

Another thing that really screws me up on the course is slowwwww play. My God were the groups in front of use slow today. We usually play very fast. That's the pace I'm comfortable at. Having to wait 10 minutes between shots really throws me off.
I hate slow groups. I'm cool with a round taking anywhere from 4 to 4.5 hours depending on the situation. But sometimes its absurd. I played in a two-some a week ago and it took us 4.5 hours because the group in front of us was so clueless and slow. I don't want to rush people in their play, but do you really need to take 3 practice swings and size up your chip from 15 feet away from the pin, only to shank it and hit it into the sand trap on the opposite side? Well someone in the group in front of me did on the 2nd hole. And then the people who won't even go near their ball on the green until someone else hits. You can take your time, but at least be ready to hit once someone else finishes. Keeps things going at least, but some people are just in their own little world out there.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:39 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I hate slow groups. I'm cool with a round taking anywhere from 4 to 4.5 hours depending on the situation. But sometimes its absurd. I played in a two-some a week ago and it took us 4.5 hours because the group in front of us was so clueless and slow. I don't want to rush people in their play, but do you really need to take 3 practice swings and size up your chip from 15 feet away from the pin, only to shank it and hit it into the sand trap on the opposite side? Well someone in the group in front of me did on the 2nd hole. And then the people who won't even go near their ball on the green until someone else hits. You can take your time, but at least be ready to hit once someone else finishes. Keeps things going at least, but some people are just in their own little world out there.
See, I don't have a problem with people taking their time either. You shouldn't feel rushed because it will only screw you up. However, you have to know your limitations and have some understanding of what's going on around you. My brother and I play fast and we're decent (in fact if my brother is not shooting in the mid 70s it's disappointing for him). It's only two of us, and the group in front is 4. They are playing tees way too far back for their skill level, they line up shots and take 7-8 practice swings. They wait for the group in front of them to get off the green, which is 275 yards away, because for some reason they think they are going to double their drive distance out of the rough with a 3 wood, then shank it. Repeat for 3 others in the group going 15 yards at a time until they finally reach the green. Then, as we get to the tee before they finish teeing off, they rush their tee shots and go driving off after them instead of just letting us play through. It's infuriating.

I asked the snack cart girl to use her "feminine charms" to lure the guys into the restaurant for food at the turn so we could jump ahead. My brother on the 18th was yelling "not like we don't have hours of time to finish. Not like the sun is setting and it's getting dark or anything".

When I'm having a bad round, and I have a lot of them, I'll maybe just take a drop next to my brothers drive instead of playing my shanked drive 30 yards down the fairway. If I hit one out of bounds, I won't spend 30 minutes looking for it. I won't look at a putt from every conceivable angle. You know, simple etiquette that everyone should have on the course.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Hopefully this ***** comes over...The things you do for your really drunk bros

Old
08-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Scott04

Quote:
See, I don't have a problem with people taking their time either. You shouldn't feel rushed because it will only screw you up. However, you have to know your limitations and have some understanding of what's going on around you. My brother and I play fast and we're decent (in fact if my brother is not shooting in the mid 70s it's disappointing for him). It's only two of us, and the group in front is 4. They are playing tees way too far back for their skill level, they line up shots and take 7-8 practice swings. They wait for the group in front of them to get off the green, which is 275 yards away, because for some reason they think they are going to double their drive distance out of the rough with a 3 wood, then shank it. Repeat for 3 others in the group going 15 yards at a time until they finally reach the green. Then, as we get to the tee before they finish teeing off, they rush their tee shots and go driving off after them instead of just letting us play through. It's infuriating.

I asked the snack cart girl to use her "feminine charms" to lure the guys into the restaurant for food at the turn so we could jump ahead. My brother on the 18th was yelling "not like we don't have hours of time to finish. Not like the sun is setting and it's getting dark or anything".

When I'm having a bad round, and I have a lot of them, I'll maybe just take a drop next to my brothers drive instead of playing my shanked drive 30 yards down the fairway. If I hit one out of bounds, I won't spend 30 minutes looking for it. I won't look at a putt from every conceivable angle. You know, simple etiquette that everyone should have on the course.
When I play its the exact same thing. Sizing up your shot, sure, but following golf etiquette and being mindful of groups behind you. I try not to spend a long time searching for golf balls because eventually you should just drop one and abandon searching if its going to take you so damn long to find it. Ones that are clearly lost, sometimes I'll drop one near where someone I'm playing with hits. Or in a general spot in the rough near where I lost it. Somewhere that I can at least move the ball from (even if only 100 yards or something). I hate the people that think they're on the PGA Tour but really just aren't that good. I struggle when I feel rushed, don't get me wrong. But some things are absurd. Little things drive me nuts with people. Especially the people that finish their hole, get in the cart, and start writing out their scorecard before moving their cart, which happens to be 15-20 yards short of the green and just off the fairway. If I'm trying to hit into the green, I can't hit until they're at the next tee. Those people that just sit there in their cart are a pain in the ass.

Old
08-01-2012, 02:08 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

^^

They did that on the last hole today, but I think it was because my brother yelled at them They seemed to add up their scores from the entire round right in front of the green, which would explain why they took so long

Everyone does worse when they feel rushed I think. I kinda felt that way at the start because we got another guy in our group who I didn't know, but he was pretty good. One bad shot and I felt like I was holding him up, started to rush, and it made things worse. He had to go after the 5th hole and bam, I settled down and started playing some really good golf.

Old
08-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Scott04

Quote:
^^

They did that on the last hole today, but I think it was because my brother yelled at them They seemed to add up their scores from the entire round right in front of the green, which would explain why they took so long

Everyone does worse when they feel rushed I think. I kinda felt that way at the start because we got another guy in our group who I didn't know, but he was pretty good. One bad shot and I felt like I was holding him up, started to rush, and it made things worse. He had to go after the 5th hole and bam, I settled down and started playing some really good golf.
Same. I usually play well when I'm playing with just my dad as opposed to when I'm also paired with another person or two. And I play even better when I go out with a couple of friends. Feels to be far less pressure to play at a quick place that way and I play so much better. Even if not on the scorecard, its always better by the quality of my shots at least.

Old
08-01-2012, 04:16 AM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I burned my feet really bad...I figured I didn't need sun screen because I was wearing wading shoes, but the tops were exposed and now I have this weird ass burn on both feet and it hurts.
How do people burn their feet. I know im weird and all by not wearing shoes most of the time outside but i never got burnt even when i first decided not to wear footwear.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:18 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
How do people burn their feet. I know im weird and all by not wearing shoes most of the time outside but i never got burnt even when i first decided not to wear footwear.
At 6000+ elevation the sun is brutal.

These shoes

Gave me this

Old
08-01-2012, 08:08 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
It's hump...we're having nice steaks for dinner and I got my hair done last night...I think it's shaping up to be a good day today.

Closed Thread