HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Message to all NHL players and the 30 player reps who represent your views

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
  #26
CoolburnIsGone
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
So even in a poll taken in the sunny south where I doubt many of the fans polled even care 29.5% blame the players while only 12.9% blame the owners. Your poll once again supports my claim. Most Fans blame Goodenow for this mess and he alone is blocking the return of NHL hockey. Not for what happened in the past just what is currently going on.

Your Poll Recap for all to see.

If the NHL season is canceled, who is most to blame?

29.5%
Players (1177 responses)

12.9%
Owners (515 responses)

57.6%
Who cares (2301 responses)

3993 total responses
Um, it does not support your claim because "most fans" don't care who's to blame. If you said "most fans that care", then it would support your claim but you kept using the general term "most fans". This poll proves otherwise. The semantics are just important as the message you're trying to convey.

CoolburnIsGone is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 11:43 AM
  #27
eye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: around the 49th para
Posts: 1,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
Um, it does not support your claim because "most fans" don't care who's to blame. If you said "most fans that care", then it would support your claim but you kept using the general term "most fans". This poll proves otherwise. The semantics are just important as the message you're trying to convey.
Ok semantics. Of those who chose between players and owners the majority blamed the players. Good enough for you now. Go to a small to medium sized market club area in a hockey environment and you will find a much higher % blaming GoodEGOnow.

eye is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 11:53 AM
  #28
FLYLine27
BUCH
 
FLYLine27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 41,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
Ok semantics. Of those who chose between players and owners the majority blamed the players. Good enough for you now. Go to a small to medium sized market club area in a hockey environment and you will find a much higher % blaming GoodEGOnow.

Again? Now your killing it.

FLYLine27 is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 12:08 PM
  #29
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Again? Now your killing it.
No hes not. See if you look around this board it shows your argument is better if you call Bettman or Goodenow names. It shows great intelligence when you can make fun of someone's name. (I may have used a bit of sarcasim in this post)

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 12:15 PM
  #30
eye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: around the 49th para
Posts: 1,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
No hes not. See if you look around this board it shows your argument is better if you call Bettman or Goodenow names. It shows great intelligence when you can make fun of someone's name. (I may have used a bit of sarcasim in this post)
I'm not making fun of his name. Just incorporating the truth into it.

eye is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 02:37 PM
  #31
littleHossa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,753
vCash: 500
I'm happy I've got an avatar because I don't even read anyone with the HF logo, the blue hurts my eyes.

littleHossa is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
  #32
Whakahere
Registered User
 
Whakahere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Germany
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 579
Send a message via MSN to Whakahere
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
Dear NHL Players,



My friend Joey is older than me so he's really smart. We play together at the baby sitters. He's funny, but he smells like rice. He said that right now all hockey players are being mean to the fans because they say you don't like the fans. I told him he was wrong and that the players love us and want to play hockey for us. He said no way.


Wow, it's already dinner. I have to go. I get my own cupcake for desert. Do you like cupcakes?

Your friend,
Timmy Rowe
St Patrick's
Grade 3
Teacher: Mrs Feather



best post ever on these boards.

Timmy I think you should be in grade 4, your punctuation is bloody good.

Mr Rodgers (yea I am a real teacher ... and people take the **** out of my name)!

edit - cut most of the letter. if you want to read it go to the start of this post.

Whakahere is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
  #33
HF2002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Dear NHL Players,

Hi, it's Timmy. I got grounded again. I got sent to the principle's office today. We were in choir practice and I wasn't singing because I hate choir and I hate singing and I hate Mrs Feather. I only sing in the bathtub if I have a shampoo mohawk. I joined choir because you have to if you want to play floor hockey at lunch recess.

Mrs Feather got mad at me because I never sing. She said if I didn't sing I wouldn't be allowed to play floor hockey. I asked her if this is what it means to have someone over a barrel. She got madder and stopped choir practice and took me to Mr Baldwin's office. I don't like Mr Baldwin. He picks his nose and he has yellow teeth and his fingers are yellow. He called my mom and she had to leave work to come get me. I was scared. Last week my mom said she would ground me so bad that I wouldn't be allowed to have a birthday party at McDonald's if she ever had to come get me for being bad ever again. Mr Baldwin told my mom what happened. I said that I had learned my lesson. I saw people say this on the tv show Cops when they catch robbers. That show is funny. I kicked Mr Baldwin's desk like how they always kick the police cars, and my mom grabbed my arm and told me to sit back down. I didn't hit the desk. She got madder because I'm not allowed to watch Cops. I didn't hit the desk and I told her that and she still got mad. I hate my mom. Now I have a behaviour book.

When my dad got home my mom and dad went into their room to talk about me. I'm mad. They told me I have to go to bed when it's still light out for the rest of the month. I said it's not fair but they said life is not fair. That's not fair. I want to play in the NHL one day. Do you think I should? Is it fair in the NHL? Then I said that if I have to go to bed when it's still light out then I'm going to get up when it's still dark out. I don't get an allowance until after my birthday. They took all my toys away. It's not fair.

Please start playing hockey again. My dad is nicer to me when he watches hockey. Sometimes he lets me have a sip of his beer. He has a beer gut. I asked him what a beer gut is and he said it means the weight of his tool was pulling his chest down. I don't get it and he won't tell me and he said I would understand when I get bigger. Mrs Feather said I should ask my mom.

I have to go. We are having dinner now and my mom got Swiss Chalet and I like Swiss Chalet. I love my mom.

Bye
Timmy

HF2002 is offline  
Old
01-17-2005, 05:29 PM
  #34
CoolburnIsGone
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
Dear NHL Players,

Hi, it's Timmy. I got grounded again. I got sent to the principle's office today. We were in choir practice and I wasn't singing because I hate choir and I hate singing and I hate Mrs Feather. I only sing in the bathtub if I have a shampoo mohawk. I joined choir because you have to if you want to play floor hockey at lunch recess.

Mrs Feather got mad at me because I never sing. She said if I didn't sing I wouldn't be allowed to play floor hockey. I asked her if this is what it means to have someone over a barrel. She got madder and stopped choir practice and took me to Mr Baldwin's office. I don't like Mr Baldwin. He picks his nose and he has yellow teeth and his fingers are yellow. He called my mom and she had to leave work to come get me. I was scared. Last week my mom said she would ground me so bad that I wouldn't be allowed to have a birthday party at McDonald's if she ever had to come get me for being bad ever again. Mr Baldwin told my mom what happened. I said that I had learned my lesson. I saw people say this on the tv show Cops when they catch robbers. That show is funny. I kicked Mr Baldwin's desk like how they always kick the police cars, and my mom grabbed my arm and told me to sit back down. I didn't hit the desk. She got madder because I'm not allowed to watch Cops. I didn't hit the desk and I told her that and she still got mad. I hate my mom. Now I have a behaviour book.

When my dad got home my mom and dad went into their room to talk about me. I'm mad. They told me I have to go to bed when it's still light out for the rest of the month. I said it's not fair but they said life is not fair. That's not fair. I want to play in the NHL one day. Do you think I should? Is it fair in the NHL? Then I said that if I have to go to bed when it's still light out then I'm going to get up when it's still dark out. I don't get an allowance until after my birthday. They took all my toys away. It's not fair.

Please start playing hockey again. My dad is nicer to me when he watches hockey. Sometimes he lets me have a sip of his beer. He has a beer gut. I asked him what a beer gut is and he said it means the weight of his tool was pulling his chest down. I don't get it and he won't tell me and he said I would understand when I get bigger. Mrs Feather said I should ask my mom.

I have to go. We are having dinner now and my mom got Swiss Chalet and I like Swiss Chalet. I love my mom.

Bye
Timmy
You keep topping yourself. Another classic.

CoolburnIsGone is offline  
Old
01-20-2005, 11:37 PM
  #35
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.
 
Lobstertainment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Timm-ay!!!!!!!

Lobstertainment is offline  
Old
01-20-2005, 11:50 PM
  #36
Charge_Seven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
No, just rational thinkers.
*tear* That's beautiful...

Charge_Seven is offline  
Old
01-21-2005, 12:04 AM
  #37
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleHossa
I'm happy I've got an avatar because I don't even read anyone with the HF logo, the blue hurts my eyes.
I dont even know who the hell I'm replying to half the time with everyone having the same avatar. Gets annoying when your reading a thread and everyone on that page has the same avatar.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
01-21-2005, 12:08 AM
  #38
RANGERDIEHARD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
Dear NHL Players,

Me and my friends at recess tried to guess when you will be doing a take back. I guessed before this weekend is over. I hope so because the winner gets first pick the next time we play boot hockey. Your take backs are really funny because the guys with the microphones must be very bad at what they do. My dad called you guys liars, and that made me cry, but my mom said it's not true. She said that sometimes people make mistakes and that's why pencils have erasers. I love my mom. She is so smart and pretty and smells like her shampoo. Sometimes when she washes my hair she uses her shampoo on me. One time I got some in my eyes and it stung really bad and I screamed. I don't swear in front of mom anymore.

I asked my dad what leverage means. He said it's when you have someone lying over a barrel. I didn't really understand him at first, but then he asked me if I had heard of these names before. They are are Bob Boughner, Vincent Damphousse, Daniel Alfredsson, Bill Guerin, Trent Klatt and Arturs Irbe. Irbe is a funny name. If I drink a coke really fast I can burp his name two times in a row. My mom says it's rude to do it in front of the company but they all laughed. Except Father Dixon. Then my mom sent me to my room. I said it wasn't fair because she laughed too. So I have time to kill until dinner and I am writing this letter to you. It's fun because I like to use crayons. The drawing at the top of this page is me and my dad. I drew hair on me but my dad doesn't have hair.

My dad told me the 7 players earned almost 25 million dollars last year. That's a big number. I can only count to 50. He said a salary is like my allowance. If I do all my chores he gives me some money. Sometimes, if I do a really good job putting the dishes in the dish washer he gives me something called a bonus. One time I dropped a plate right into the garbage can. It was too yuchy to reach in and pick it up so I just left it there and took the garbage right out to the curb to hide it. My dad said he was proud of me for doing a chore that wasn't on my chore list. I got a bonus. Don't tell my dad or else I will have to give back my bonus. I am saving my money. The last time I went to a hockey game Jaromir Jagr said it would cost me 10 dollars for his autograph. My dad must know him because he yelled at him. My dad only yells at people he knows. It's usually me.

Anyway, my dad said leverage is when the 7 players can tell the rest of the players what to do because they get paid so much more money than everyone else. He said they have so much leverage that they have the players over a barrel. He wouldn't tell me what this means, so I'm going to ask my teacher Mrs Feather on Monday. My dad will be proud that I went to find the answer on my own. I hope I get a bonus becuase I already have 6 dollars saved up for that autograph. Leverage doesn't sound fair. I don't like it when people tell me what to do if I don't really want to do it. My mom makes me go to church but there are a lot of old people there. I don't complain because we stop at Tim Horton's on the way home. There are 6 of them between the church and my house. They always have lines. Timbits are cool.

My friend Joey is older than me so he's really smart. We play together at the baby sitters. He's funny, but he smells like rice. He said that right now all hockey players are being mean to the fans because they say you don't like the fans. I told him he was wrong and that the players love us and want to play hockey for us. He said no way.


Wow, it's already dinner. I have to go. I get my own cupcake for desert. Do you like cupcakes?

Your friend,
Timmy Rowe
St Patrick's
Grade 3
Teacher: Mrs Feather

This was great reading - good stuff and very creative.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.