HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Wash

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2012, 09:38 AM
  #1
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Tor - Wash

Hello again.

To Wash
Nikolai Kulemin (left wing)
Tyler Bozak (center)

To Tor
Marcus Johansen
Joel Ward

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:42 AM
  #2
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,775
vCash: 500
Hell no from Washington.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
  #3
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Yea Washington's not doing this, Johansson has higher potential than either Bozak/Kulemin.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
  #4
Badger Mayhew*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 500
Washington wouldn't do this.

Maybe if we switched Bozak with Grabovski but even then...doubtful.

Badger Mayhew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:48 AM
  #5
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Washington wouldn't do this.

Maybe if we switched Bozak with Grabovski but even then...doubtful.
I would say doubtful because they just picked up Ribeiro, so Backstrom-Ribeiro-Laich makes Grabo kinda pointless. They'd probably want wingers, Kulemin+Kadri for Ward+Johansson, but then Toronto probably doesn't do it.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
  #6
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Johansson really shouldn't be traded unless a long-term C solution is coming back. Bozak and Ribeiro aren't long-term C solutions. Kulemin's a nice fit for the wing hole, but not what Caps need if they're giving up Johansson.

Grabovski would be better, but that hole is plugged for the season. If Washington re-evaluates at the deadline or draft and Johansson doesn't look ready to be the full-time 2C and Ribeiro isn't coming back, then a trade for a C becomes realistic.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
  #7
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,305
vCash: 500
Johansson has more value then Kuli and Bozak combined IMO.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:39 PM
  #8
MW6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Halland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
I'd seriously consider this. It gives the Caps great balance on all for lines.

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Kulemin
Wolski-Backstrom-Laich
Chimera-Bozak-Brouwer
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Laich can slide back to wing and the third line would still have physical (117 hits), playmaking (29 ass) , good faceoff-guy (52,7%) to center the third line.
Kulemin is a hardworking, fast, physical player with good hands, responsible two ways, should mesh well with Ovie.

MoJo can be great, but he doesn't have a clear role on this team. Is he a center? Wing? Top-3? Top-6? Top-9?
And Caps get rid of Ward's awful contract!

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 08:49 PM
  #9
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I'd seriously consider this. It gives the Caps great balance on all for lines.

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Kulemin
Wolski-Backstrom-Laich
Chimera-Bozak-Brouwer
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Laich can slide back to wing and the third line would still have physical (117 hits), playmaking (29 ass) , good faceoff-guy (52,7%) to center the third line.
Kulemin is a hardworking, fast, physical player with good hands, responsible two ways, should mesh well with Ovie.

MoJo can be great, but he doesn't have a clear role on this team. Is he a center? Wing? Top-3? Top-6? Top-9?
And Caps get rid of Ward's awful contract!
This exactly was the objective of the proposal. Obviously not everyone agrees, but glad you were able to break it down.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
  #10
Frelimo
Registered User
 
Frelimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
I would like to see this trade happen - of course, I'm a Leafs fan though.

Frelimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:03 PM
  #11
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,524
vCash: 500
no ...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
  #12
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,071
vCash: 500
Not sure if that's enough. But Kuli on a line with OV might actually mesh really well.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
  #13
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
Wow, I forgot just how much Kulemin sucked last year. 7-21-28 in 70 games? What the hell happened to him? And Bozak had one more point than 21 year old Johansson while centering Kessel and Lupul. No thanks. You can have Ward if you want him though, no charge

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:47 PM
  #14
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Wow, I forgot just how much Kulemin sucked last year. 7-21-28 in 70 games? What the hell happened to him? And Bozak had one more point than 21 year old Johansson while centering Kessel and Lupul. No thanks. You can have Ward if you want him though, no charge
Lost a mentor in the KHL plane crash. And he really took it hard, seemed like he was snake bitten too. Hit loads of posts.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
  #15
JS19
Four Kicks
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Wow, I forgot just how much Kulemin sucked last year. 7-21-28 in 70 games? What the hell happened to him? And Bozak had one more point than 21 year old Johansson while centering Kessel and Lupul. No thanks. You can have Ward if you want him though, no charge
I hope you realize that Kulemin was grieving over the KHL plane crash last year, and IIRC I heard that he was taking it hard, that might be why he struggled last year.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:20 PM
  #16
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I would say doubtful because they just picked up Ribeiro, so Backstrom-Ribeiro-Laich makes Grabo kinda pointless. They'd probably want wingers, Kulemin+Kadri for Ward+Johansson, but then Toronto probably doesn't do it.
lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
no ...
lulz˛

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:33 PM
  #17
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,608
vCash: 500
what are you lul about?

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:50 PM
  #18
butters8814
Registered User
 
butters8814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Hello again.

To Wash
Nikolai Kulemin (left wing)
Tyler Bozak (center)

To Tor
Marcus Johansen
Joel Ward
Mcphee hangs up when you say johansen first.

butters8814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:59 PM
  #19
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,107
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters8814 View Post
Mcphee hangs up when you say johansen first.
How about Ward + Johansen then?

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:03 AM
  #20
Petre94
Registered User
 
Petre94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Kulemin's value is at a low point right now, we just have to give him some time and hopefully he rebounds

Petre94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:41 AM
  #21
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,597
vCash: 500
Kulemin + Lombardi + Gunnarsson for Johansson + Schultz + 2nd

Sign Roszival to replace Gunner and put Phaneuf on the left again

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:59 AM
  #22
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,997
vCash: 500
Burke says no to this

Johansson is a nice player, but Ward is........What exactly? a 3rd liner who had a pretty good playoff a few years back and cashed in on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus
Wow, I forgot just how much Kulemin sucked last year. 7-21-28 in 70 games? What the hell happened to him? And Bozak had one more point than 21 year old Johansson while centering Kessel and Lupul. No thanks. You can have Ward if you want him though, no charge
as far as Bozak only producing 47 points, he also only played 53 of his 73 games last year between Kessel and Lupul.......jeepers if you want to use stats at least use them somewhat correctly

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:04 AM
  #23
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,823
vCash: 500
Why would washinton do that

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:12 AM
  #24
MalcontentCapsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Caps will give Ward and Schultz for the cost of airfare. But the only players MJ90 moves to Toronto for are: Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul or maybe Grabovski.

McPhee likes MoJo for a reason. He's got good hands, plays an improving two way game (though needs to get better), he's young and he's cheap. On top of all of that he is quiet and doesn't make waves and is one of the best skaters in the NHL today. Caps don't have a reason to move him unless its part of landing the bigger star player. He's a center piece not an even exchange or a throw in and the player he gets traded for has to be hands down better.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:52 AM
  #25
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcontentCapsFan View Post
Caps will give Ward and Schultz for the cost of airfare. But the only players MJ90 moves to Toronto for are: Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul or maybe Grabovski.

McPhee likes MoJo for a reason. He's got good hands, plays an improving two way game (though needs to get better), he's young and he's cheap. On top of all of that he is quiet and doesn't make waves and is one of the best skaters in the NHL today. Caps don't have a reason to move him unless its part of landing the bigger star player. He's a center piece not an even exchange or a throw in and the player he gets traded for has to be hands down better.
He's also the only realistic potential center option in the organization.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.