HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PK and the Habs: far from a deal

Old
08-02-2012, 08:44 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Sorry bro, I do apologize..
Sorry i forgot my

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:03 AM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Subban's not "every other member of the core".

Professional sports is not about fairness.
When a player is not even top 10 in the league in their position, then YES he is just like every other member of the core.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:05 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
I'm shocked Bergevin is lowballing Subban like this. I'd give him 4.5 in a heartbeat. If this drags out too long, someone is going to put out an offer sheet.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
When a player is not even top 10 in the league in their position, then YES he is just like every other member of the core.
He's one of the best young dmen in the league and he has clear Norris trophy potential. He was number 1 among forwards and dmen for total ice time this past year, and number 2 the year before that behind Hamrlik.

The Habs youth core is Price, Subban, and everybody else.

Price wasn't as established as Subban at this stage in his career. He had the Vezina potential but not the excellence. In Subban's first playoffs we made the conference finals, barely, and he contributed. In Price's first playoffs we lost to an inferior Philadelphia team in the 2nd round because they were scoring all the time.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

If true, I'm unimpressed by Bergevin. He gave a **** load of money to a 4th liner and then he doesn't offer much more than that to his #1 dman (yes, at this point, Subban is the #1 dman, Markov is a question mark and there's no one else better than him on the team).

New management, same old crap.

I'm willing to bet that he'll keep Gomez and struggles with the cap and still ice a poor team after all.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:20 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I'm shocked Bergevin is lowballing Subban like this. I'd give him 4.5 in a heartbeat. If this drags out too long, someone is going to put out an offer sheet.
HE DIDNT, his agent denied this yesterday.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
firewagon77*

bergevin sign subban 6 years 27 million so you have the asset under control if other d-men develop or you want to trade him down the road you can get assets for him,molson said he would do what ever it takes so far we have seen no sign of that,still has not shipped out kaberle,bourque and of course that overpayed stiff gomez.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
I assume people just read the first post in the thread and then reply...

Can we please add to the OP that Subban's agent has denied that this offer was given?

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:47 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I assume people just read the first post in the thread and then reply...

Can we please add to the OP that Subban's agent has denied that this offer was given?
thank you. on top of that, if true, there would have to be someone claiming the story ... Renaud lavoie or something like that ... as far as im concerned I don't trust bold statements made by ...who ? RDS.ca ? don't lose your time with that.

on another level, how dumb is it for RDS to discuss the contract nego between subban and the habs ? Other than pissing ppl off, it doesn't do any good.spread the news, dont make the news.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM

whether this offer is true or not...it's all part of negotiations.

The Habs will get Subban signed, there are many things that i'm concerned about as it relates to the Habs...PK Subban's negotiations, isn't one of them

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:23 AM
LBC Vapo*

Quote:
He's one of the best young dmen in the league and he has clear Norris trophy potential. He was number 1 among forwards and dmen for total ice time this past year, and number 2 the year before that behind Hamrlik.

Price wasn't as established as Subban at this stage in his career. He had the Vezina potential but not the excellence. In Subban's first playoffs we made the conference finals, barely, and he contributed. In Price's first playoffs we lost to an inferior Philadelphia team in the 2nd round because they were scoring all the time.
Norris potential? Sorry, you're too infatuated.

LBC Vapo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
Norris potential? Sorry, you're too infatuated.
I don't think that's unreasonable. There's nothing PK can't do at a high level, whether that's contributing offensively, defensively, special teams, playing physical, blocking shots, etc...he does it all, at a pretty high level for a now-23yr old.

If the curve continues upwards like it has since he's been drafted, I absolutely don't see why he couldn't at least get a shot at being nominated for a Norris at one point.

It's really unfortunate so much ink is wasted on PK's perceived attitude issues and not enough on the quality of his play. I've been watching the Habs for 25 years, old enough to have seen alot of excellent dmen come through, but not quite old enough to remember Chris Chelios starting out as a Hab...and I don't recall another dman being as good, at such a young age.

Last edited by 417: 08-02-2012 at 10:39 AM.
417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
lafitte25

Negociation time

P.K is a very good young defenseman, he is one of the young horse in that league, for how long as he been here, 2 years? He has done good things... and bad thigns too! Only on the skills he would bw worth 3,5 mil right now, in the dressing room though with is attitude take off 500,k from that amount, we are now at 3 mil, take away 500 k for less than 3 years experience we are now at 2.5mil wich is correct at my eyes, 2 years is ok too (as a first offer). Let`s have him show that he is growing up, he acts like a kid a lot of times (he is still a kid) if you give him too much money how will he reaqct, like a kid or like a man? Think about the others that will be in the same position in a few years what will you have to give to them if you give too much to P.k. Don't think that i don't like PK, i love the guy, he his a breathe of fresh air in Montreal but not at any price!

lafitte25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Don't you think this is an artificial comparison?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:40 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Erik Johnson got 2.6 per for 2 years. Since the cap is higher now, I guess that PK should get something around 3 per for 2 years.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:04 PM
maci4life

Quote:

yeah but when you're saying that he's not like every other member of the core, then you're basically implying that he's the special one of an already important component to the team.

If thats the case, then i'd assume that this special player is one of the top superstars of the league, but he isn't, thus not even being top 10 ( yet, if he ever will be )

he is young and a good player but he's just part of the core, not much more.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Erik Johnson got 2.6 per for 2 years. Since the cap is higher now, I guess that PK should get something around 3 per for 2 years.
thats not a bad amount for PK

Old
08-02-2012, 02:08 PM
DAChampion

Boston Bruins fans want to poach PK Subban:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1240411

Posted for pleasure reading.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Offer Sheet..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

OT: So, bruins fans were bashing PK Subban ever since his NHL debut and were saying that they would never want him on their team. But once they drafted Malcolm, they started to love everything about PK and now suggesting to offersheet him. Funny fanbase. And dont forget that they have like 300k in cap space.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
OT: So, bruins fans were bashing PK Subban ever since his NHL debut and were saying that they would never want him on their team. But once they drafted Malcolm, they started to love everything about PK and now suggesting to offersheet him. Funny fanbase. And dont forget that they have like 300k in cap space.
And Lucic, Seguin, Marchand and Raask are RFA nex summer

Horton UFA too

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Its entirely possible Subban received offer sheets already but he didn't sign them.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:18 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
And Lucic, Seguin, Marchand and Raask are RFA nex summer

Horton UFA too
We should totally offersheet Lucic next summer.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
More and more Bruins fans have come to respect Subban. A lot of them can saw past the hatred and found out he must be good if he pisses them off every time they play against him. Same as Price, Pacioretty as well.

On the NHL boards you'll often find Bruins fans defending Subban and Price vs fans of teams that don't see the Habs as often and assume every Hab player is overrated. Its good to see.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
firewagon77*

Offersheet jamie benn last year he made 850,000 give him 4 years 12 million compensation 2nd round pick,and offersheet san jose tough guy brandon mashinter for 900,000 compensation nothing. under 1,034,249 their is no comp,over 7,835,219 4 first round picks next year it goes up to 8,410,976 4 first round picks.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote