HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Taking Reserves[PS3] *** NHL 13 GM CONNECTED MODE! *** -[Ps3] - HF ELITE LEAGUE!

Old
08-26-2012, 10:19 PM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by setowildfan View Post
The Calgary Flames have agreed on a deal with the Detroit Red Wings.

send
Jarome Iginla
Dennis Wideman

send
Valtteri Filppula
Ian White

The Flames feel pretty bad for dealing Iginla, but the players we are receiving are young and will help the team in the near future.
Accepted. Nice trading with you.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
That's actually quite impressive. Only questions are how does Subban's contract affect you and what about scoring?

I have to say though you seem quite set for the future, just hope you don't end up falling flat

Other then that I commend you
I got Kane for Subban and Bourque, so while I lose a very good PMD, I still get an amazing young forward. Don't know if you mixed me with wpggrown though. x]
But Kane - Galchenyuk - Pacioretty are gonna destroy this defense in a few seasons.

\_(ツ)_/
Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
I got Kane for Subban and Bourque, so while I lose a very good PMD, I still get an amazing young forward. Don't know if you mixed me with wpggrown though. x]
But Kane - Galchenyuk - Pacioretty are gonna destroy this defense in a few seasons.
Was just quoting you so the names of his dmen were right there in front of my face. Not a bad future line, I give it 2-3 years before they are an effective unit. Note the word unit, not players. As individuals they will progress at different rates, I think Galy won't be quite ready for that line as Kane and Patches are ready now.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 50
It's going to be fun checking out the league leaders/stats, etc.. especially if we don't sim many games.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

Quote:
Was just quoting you so the names of his dmen were right there in front of my face. Not a bad future line, I give it 2-3 years before they are an effective unit. Note the word unit, not players. As individuals they will progress at different rates, I think Galy won't be quite ready for that line as Kane and Patches are ready now.
That's sure. We still don't know how prospect progression work, but I hope Galchenyuk will top at around 87 - I hope for a 4.5 stars rating for him), and that he will be 80 within 2 or 3 seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
It's going to be fun checking out the league leaders/stats, etc.. especially if we don't sim many games.
That's sure. There will be some unexpected players at the top I think. I will try everything to have at least a PPG player (Pleks, Patches or Kane for instance). I'm planning to have my top-2 lines as following - unless I make a trade.
Kane - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
With the possibility I switch Patches and Gionta if things do not go as expected.

Old
08-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Mason10
Bacon

Watch me suck with Tavares and destroy with Josh Bailey

Mason10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
Watch me suck with Tavares and destroy with Josh Bailey
Ahah yeah, that's what I meant... I remember when NHL12 came out and that I played online games a lot (like 2 or 3 per night)... Gomez had a point almost every game... he had like a 1.5 PPG with me. On the other hand, I couldn't find any ways to get a lot of points with Plekanec.

Old
08-27-2012, 12:12 AM
MovesLikeJagr68

Quote:
Ahah yeah, that's what I meant... I remember when NHL12 came out and that I played online games a lot (like 2 or 3 per night)... Gomez had a point almost every game... he had like a 1.5 PPG with me. On the other hand, I couldn't find any ways to get a lot of points with Plekanec.
Funny you mention Gomez rocking it, because I plan on making him earn his pay cheque haha. I'm going to start him on the 3rd between 2 shooters in Prospal and Atkinson, but Columbus' lines can easily be rotated, so he may even get to use his speed in the top 6 at points. I think 10 goals out of him is a reasonable expectation.

MovesLikeJagr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Should be fun playing against your former players at least 6 times a season. I can't see a Staz Iggy combo ending up good to the league
Had to be done given how pitifully low the Avs' Defense is rated

I hope Bouwmeester and Johnson are ready to play 50 minutes a game

Last edited by Muffin: 08-27-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovesLikeJagr68 View Post
Funny you mention Gomez rocking it, because I plan on making him earn his pay cheque haha. I'm going to start him on the 3rd between 2 shooters in Prospal and Atkinson, but Columbus' lines can easily be rotated, so he may even get to use his speed in the top 6 at points. I think 10 goals out of him is a reasonable expectation.
And 70 assists ? To be honest, if we play like 20-30 games a season (one per day), it shouldn't be hard to get assists. As I said, when YOU play - and not let the sim engine do his job - and that you have some skills, you can score with pretty much any player.

Old
08-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
And 70 assists ? To be honest, if we play like 20-30 games a season (one per day), it shouldn't be hard to get assists. As I said, when YOU play - and not let the sim engine do his job - and that you have some skills, you can score with pretty much any player.
But generally you can score more with your better players. Of course you can get on a hot streak with a player or score a couple with him in a game. I just don't see though George Parros in the top 10 in scoring

Old
08-27-2012, 07:36 AM
BASEDHAWKS

i know we want this league to be as active as possible so i think we should figure out the minimum amount of games that need to be played and simmed, i think you should be able to play 50-70 games per season, i dont think thats to unreasonable

BASEDHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 08:49 AM
MovesLikeJagr68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASEDHAWKS View Post
i know we want this league to be as active as possible so i think we should figure out the minimum amount of games that need to be played and simmed, i think you should be able to play 50-70 games per season, i dont think thats to unreasonable
It would be nice to play that many games a month, but I work full-time, have classes on the side, and can only play a few days a week. I could personally do about 20-30.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Quote:
In a month? I doubt it. Most likely half the games will be simmed

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 09:04 AM
BASEDHAWKS

you can have it so the scheduled playing period is 3 days to 2 weeks, i think we should figure out a time that all of us can play a majority of our games or we could agree that if one player has to work or has other commitments that if the other gm is available they can just play vs the cpu

Last edited by BASEDHAWKS: 08-27-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old
08-27-2012, 10:24 AM
nwarrior

Quote:
you can have it so the scheduled playing period is 3 days to 2 weeks, i think we should figure out a time that all of us can play a majority of our games or we could agree that if one player has to work or has other commitments that if the other gm is available they can just play vs the cpu
Schedule will be way to intense, we will see how the first season goes and take it from there. We do not even know how EA planned to make this work, lets wait and see.

nwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:53 AM
wayne1717

i have a feeling that there will be players in the top 20 in scoring that shouldn't be. Going to be a very interesting first season as well as all the others we play!

wayne1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1717 View Post
i have a feeling that there will be players in the top 20 in scoring that shouldn't be. Going to be a very interesting first season as well as all the others we play!
I think it will be players that are unknown but still skilled that are in the top 20. I don't think we'll see any pure grinders or tough guys up there

Old
08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
MovesLikeJagr68

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarrior View Post
Schedule will be way to intense, we will see how the first season goes and take it from there. We do not even know how EA planned to make this work, lets wait and see.
I would like if they had some sort of matchmaking, where you can just go to a quick start game which finds anyone else in the league that is on at the same time. Make a limit of maybe 5-8 times per season though so the same two teams don't play each other a bunch.

I'm also fine with you guys playing my CPU team, just try not to run up the score
They have a way you can set your teams strategies for when the CPU plays for you, and if we put the difficulty up high I think we'll all feel pretty confident that if our team is being played against, they'll put up a decent fight.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:00 PM
BASEDHAWKS

i think leaving it at all-star is best because if we up it higher then guys who don't play get rewarded if they arent as good as their opponent. it also makes it more important to be as active as possible

Old
08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

Personnally, I think people should at least play a minimum of 7 games a week. That's about 1 game per day, or it could be done by playing a bunch one night we have nothing to do. Would be possible to play more, but that should be the minimum, as I think a lot of us have to deal with both school and work, and some might even be in several GM Connected, then, in my case, if there is no lock-out I have to watch pretty match all 82 Canadiens games, and I will also work on the Ultimate Rosters again.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
BASEDHAWKS

Quote:
Personnally, I think people should at least play a minimum of 7 games a week. That's about 1 game per day, or it could be done by playing a bunch one night we have nothing to do. Would be possible to play more, but that should be the minimum, as I think a lot of us have to deal with both school and work, and some might even be in several GM Connected, then, in my case, if there is no lock-out I have to watch pretty match all 82 Canadiens games, and I will also work on the Ultimate Rosters again.
exactly i think 7 games a week sounds good to me

Old
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

Quote:
exactly i think 7 games a week sounds good to me
In my case I will probably not play any game on Friday evenings and maybe on Wednesday evenings too (As I work after school until 9 PM on Wednesdays and I wake up at 6:30 AM the next day, and I work until 11 PM on Fridays, so...), but when I'm in I can easily play 2 to 4 games a day. That is unless my brother takes control of the PS3 (yes we share it, and he's the kind of guy that plays COD and BF :'()

Old
08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
BASEDHAWKS

it just all depends on finding a time that works best for you and your opponent

Old
08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Mason10
Bacon

I can only play at around 8PM (PDT) on weekdays. On weekends i'm free for whenever.

Mason10 is offline   Reply With Quote