HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eberle for Seguin

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 07:47 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
And you'd go so far as to be wrong. I watch every team play. I'm not saying Eberle is a top 5 player. His hands are good enough to, at the very least, be in the discussion for who has the best hands in the league
Sure in the discussion but there are plenty of guys in it, i'm not sure how one can definitively state Eberle has better hands than Kopitar or Benn though

Old
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
More valuable skillset? What does Eberle have that Seguin doesn't?
Eberle is an elite finisher and if you look up "clutch" in the dictionary his picture will be there. The kid has attributes that are hard to catagorize.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
value wise I think seguin has more but overall I think it would be a decent swap of soon to be elite players.

That being said both of this kids are well established on their respective teams, neither of which are in need of any sort of shakeup so it would be foolish to swap fan favorite players when there really is no need.
Good post. Both players have tremendous upsides and will be great players for many years.

08-02-2012, 08:33 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectYourEdlers View Post
Man is Eberle overrated nowadays...
82 16 20 36
79 9 23 32

Those are the stat lines for Hank and Dank in their 2nd NHL seasons when they were the same age as Eberle. Not saying that Eberle is as good or will be as good as either of them but the season he had last year is pretty damn impressive, as is his hockey career from the WHL until now.

And I know he had the advantage of playing with RNH for most of last season but the twins had the advantage of playing with themselves every shift...

Old
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM
crt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post

RNH would still be Edmonton's #1 center if Seguin was inserted in the lineup.

That's like saying Malkin is a 2C because he plays behind Crosby.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

I really like Eberle but I would stick with Seguin and I think Boston would to. It's hypothetical of course, players of this young and this good don't get traded anyways.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

I'd bet Seguin will both put up more points and be the better overall player when he is 22, versus Eberle's 22 year old season.

Nope. Eberle is very good, but still take Seguin over him any day.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:37 PM
RehnX

So should I just get this out now, or what?

As an impartial fan, I would take Seguin 99/100 times, for what it's worth, I think he'll be better offensively AND defensively just in the next season. The kid is a special talent.

Old
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

I think Seguin will turn out to be the better player but I don't think either team makes this trade.

Seguin + RNH down the middle would be pretty legit though.

Old
08-02-2012, 10:23 PM
eskimo7737

No way they trade Seguin. I think both teams should keep both and build around them..... wouldn't it be funny if they played vs one another within a couple of years for the stanley cup and this thread is re-visited?

Old
08-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

So a center whos faster, bigger ,better all around who is also 2 years younger yet people would really take eberle ?

Eberles great and all but not seguin level ,

Last edited by Chalupa Batman: 08-03-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Flaming
Old
08-02-2012, 10:44 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

the simple solution is, edmonton should have picked Seguin first, right?

Old
08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

We could stop these repetitive threads if people would stop trying to trade our "big 4". They will not be traded abytime soon. So just give it up. Seguin will be the face of Boston and Eberle will be captain clutch in Edmonton. Everyone is happy. Thread closed!

Old
08-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
the simple solution is, edmonton should have picked Seguin first, right?
It's kind of ironic at the time of the 2010 draft Hall was the winger and Seguin was the centerman. Now the Bruins have have been converting Seguin to wing (atleast for now he will stay there) and the Oilers are talking about converting Hall to center.

I'm sure both teams are happy with the player they got though.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
unifiedtheory

I would not trade Seguin for any player on the Oilers roster.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:25 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
It's kind of ironic at the time of the 2010 draft Hall was the winger and Seguin was the centerman. Now the Bruins have have been converting Seguin to wing (atleast for now he will stay there) and the Oilers are talking about converting Hall to center.

I'm sure both teams are happy with the player they got though.
Yep. The Oilers needed a hard to contain forward who can lead this team on and off the ice. They got exactly that in Hall.

And to OP who said he wouldn't trade Seguin for anyone on Edmonton, don't make me laugh. I suppose you wouldn't trade him for Crosby/Malkin/Giroux/etc either?

Old
08-03-2012, 01:29 AM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Yep. The Oilers needed a hard to contain forward who can lead this team on and off the ice. They got exactly that in Hall.

And to OP who said he wouldn't trade Seguin for anyone on Edmonton, don't make me laugh. I suppose you wouldn't trade him for Crosby/Malkin/Giroux/etc either?
Well there is no one on the Oilers roster that is anywhere comparable, but I think yes, that fan would make a straight up trade for that player whenever it were possible.

There is no player on the Oilers who is leagues ahead of Seguin, and the only one who is truly comparable is Hall, and Seguin plays the more valuable position. So, no, Bruins fans probably wouldn't trade Seguin for any one player on the Oils roster(And I hate the Bruins, but come on, this is common sense).

Old
08-03-2012, 01:33 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
Well there is no one on the Oilers roster that is anywhere comparable, but I think yes, that fan would make a straight up trade for that player whenever it were possible.

There is no player on the Oilers who is leagues ahead of Seguin, and the only one who is truly comparable is Hall, and Seguin plays the more valuable position. So, no, Bruins fans probably wouldn't trade Seguin for any one player on the Oils roster(And I hate the Bruins, but come on, this is common sense).
Pretty sure Hall has played more games at center in the NHL than Seguin. There is also a good chance that Hall plays center for the Oilers this year and Seguin will continue to play the wing.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:52 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
Its pretty clear seguin is better at defence , if you cant see that ....
He diesnt even have to play defense with two selke caliber players beside him, Chara and Thomas/Rask behind him. So in fact it isnt clear at all.

Eberle was a PK star in junior scoring 13 times while shorthanded. And has 2 SH goals in the NHL. Seguin never scored a shorthanded goal in junior and hasnt yet in the NHL.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:13 AM
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
He diesnt even have to play defense with two selke caliber players beside him, Chara and Thomas/Rask behind him. So in fact it isnt clear at all.

Eberle was a PK star in junior scoring 13 times while shorthanded. And has 2 SH goals in the NHL. Seguin never scored a shorthanded goal in junior and hasnt yet in the NHL.
I sure hope you don't think scoring shorthanded goals in Jr. means that a player is better defensively.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Cam98

Eberle is by far the better two way player... while imo value is fair id rather keep eberle, just like boston fans rather keep seguin

Old
08-03-2012, 02:21 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Eberle is overrated imo, I'd take Seguin any day.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:24 AM
4EDM14OIL93

I like how in the Eberle for Lucic thread people are saying to just leave out the fact that Eberle is two years younger because "it's pretty much a wash", and in this thread people are saying how much better Seguin is because of the 2 year age difference.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:27 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
I sure hope you don't think scoring shorthanded goals in Jr. means that a player is better defensively.
I sure hope you dont think that a player who isnt used in any defensive situation is better defensively than a player who excels in defensive situations.

Old
08-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Villager
SMASHBROS2014

Eberle is better as of now, I think Seguin has a higher ceiling, I would pass, our RW depth would be a huge LOL if ebs is gone

Closed Thread