HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pirates of the Allegheny: Someone Please Give Jordy Mercer A New Uniforn Number

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
I know Chapman doesn't have control but damn, that's some ********. Expect a message to be sent to Phillips or Bruce tomorrow. Once that happens the Reds will get their panties in a bunch and clear the dugout and try to start a fight.
baseball fights are so dumb

Old
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Blitzburgh87*

I loved the death stare.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:01 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Karen Price ‏@KarenPrice_Trib
McCutchen didn't want to talk about the 9th inning. Said "if that's what you want to ask me about, I'm just going to say no comment."

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
08-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Dylonus

I can't believe anything that states that it wasn't intentional.

Low and at the knees or ankles, that's control issues.

Throwing it at the head? That's trying to send a message.

Expect one back dumb *****

Old
08-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Karen Price ‏@KarenPrice_Trib
McCutchen didn't want to talk about the 9th inning. Said "if that's what you want to ask me about, I'm just going to say no comment."
I love it.

I hope this is like when teams piss off Crosby. He just goes and completely ***** on them.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
The only one I found to be awesome was when Pedro Martinez and Don Zimmer got into it.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

If the Reds were smart/dewshy, they would plunk a Pirate in the 1st inning, get the umps to issue warnings to both benches. Beat the Pirates to the punch. And then if JMac does retaliate, he gets tossed. And then the pen has a long way to go and you just eliminated the other teams starter early.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:04 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic
You know who out of #Pirates bullpen would want ball most tomorrow night? Chris Resop. Trust me. He’s already picturing it. Total teammate.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:06 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
If the Reds were smart/dewshy, they would plunk a Pirate in the 1st inning, get the umps to issue warnings to both benches. Beat the Pirates to the punch. And then if JMac does retaliate, he gets tossed. And then the pen has a long way to go and you just eliminated the other teams starter early.
I imagine that warnings will be issued pre-game as it is with how big and tense this series is, and with what happened tonight with McCutchen being demonstrably pissed.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Yep, easily the most laughable "brawls" I have ever seen. It's actually stunning to me that MLB just hasn't banned them since they lead to nothing 99.9% of the time.

*Runs onto field*
*bullpen guys from both teams run stride by stride together until they reach infield and then stand next to one another and look occupied*
*Find guy on other team to hold and stand close to*
*one or two guys for each team needs to be "restrained" by teammates/coaches*
*coaches and players talk about a lack of respect and decorum, since respect and decorum are necessary when one player is hit by a ball, the other team then must hit the opposition's player with the ball*

I can't stand baseball "fights". I honestly think baseball needs to make it a rule that if you charge the pitcher or rush the field, the players need to serious throw punches or just eliminate the whole thing all together. It's one of the stupidest aspects of all sports and embodies some the worst aspects of it, the whole fake tough-guy, unwritten rules, ********. It's the type of fighting for people who don't want to fight.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:12 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I imagine that warnings will be issued pre-game as it is with how big and tense this series is, and with what happened tonight with McCutchen being demonstrably pissed.
I think you are right. Everyone saw the display by Cutch. The umps will probably get word from their bosses to do a preemptive.

Which means that payback will have to be done when the situation allows it. A big lead by either team. Or maybe on Sunday late.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:22 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
I think you are right. Everyone saw the display by Cutch. The umps will probably get word from their bosses to do a preemptive.

Which means that payback will have to be done when the situation allows it. A big lead by either team. Or maybe on Sunday late.
Honestly the way I think about it, drill the guy first inning, if JMac gets tossed, he gets tossed. He basically skips a start then which is somethign that a lot of people are clamoring for as is because he's either wearing down or he's simply having some mechanical issues that need work (the mechanical issues are there for sure, but I'm not sure if it's due to him wearing down or not). Tell Correia to be ready if/when JMac is tossed, and then go from there.

Old
08-03-2012, 09:23 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Geno's reaction to this, he says, "Bring it".

Old
08-03-2012, 09:37 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Honestly the way I think about it, drill the guy first inning, if JMac gets tossed, he gets tossed. He basically skips a start then which is somethign that a lot of people are clamoring for as is because he's either wearing down or he's simply having some mechanical issues that need work (the mechanical issues are there for sure, but I'm not sure if it's due to him wearing down or not). Tell Correia to be ready if/when JMac is tossed, and then go from there.
Hmmm.....that's interesting.

I guess that is one of the benefits of having an extra starter on the staff. You could execute that plan if you wanted to.

Old
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
DJ Spinoza

Just not our night, but a rivalry is definitely in the works. Best thing to do is bring it on the field tomorrow, win game two and set up AJ to take the series.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:08 PM
dogthateats

Sadly I hate McCutchen's personality.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:09 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogthateats View Post
Sadly I hate McCutchen's personality.
What?!

Old
08-03-2012, 11:10 PM
dogthateats

I have to like him bc he's good at baseball and a Pgh Pirate?

Old
08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
I have to like him bc he's good at baseball and a Pgh Pirate?
No, but there's nothing to not like about him. What reason would you have to not like him?

Old
08-03-2012, 11:14 PM
dogthateats

His ROOT sports mic'd up segment really turned me off. He acted like a hyper 6th grader trying to make the student teacher laugh the entire time. Not my cup of tea.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
His ROOT sports mic'd up segment really turned me off. He acted like a hyper 6th grader trying to make the student teacher laugh the entire time. Not my cup of tea.
So we should all be cynical *******s? Gee sounds like so much fun!

Old
08-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Dylonus

Sport athletes can never win

Act like a good guy - someone calls you a pansy, basically, and you're not man enough

Act like a bad guy - you're an ******* and I want my team to trade you for a good player with good character

Old
08-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Jaded-Fan

I did not get to see it, as I really do not watch them overly much, but here is all I could find on the aftermath:

If the umps have any brains they do NOT warn anyone and let the Pirates get their shot back and the situation ends. If the Reds bean someone, or even come inside at all, in the first issue no warnings but toss the guy and the manager, which will be a get back. But if it gets to the bottom of the first, do not bean the first guy, he will be looking for it, wait a couple of innings and let them worry about it, then take throw 100 MPH plus into the back of someone in the third or something like that. And if I am the umps I let it go. If the Reds leave the dugout I start tossing their players. The umps are not idiots I would hope and would know the unwritten rules of the game is for the Pirates to get their shot back and then this does not linger.

Old
08-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Mr. T

Quote:
I laughed.

Old
08-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Vos

Foil up boys! If there is a brawl, I hope someone gets a shot in on Hemroidis Chapman, then looks up at the Red's radio booth and points and laughs at Marty Brennamen.

Closed Thread