The Shield to reunite in the future?

Old
07-02-2014, 10:13 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
The Shield to reunite in the future?

Quote:
- There has already been talk of reuniting Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose as The Shield in late 2015 or 2016. The idea is that they could bring them back together every few years like DX.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I expected it... but that soon? Come on. Let them develop and let's wait five years before even thinking about reuniting them. Wait to reunite them when a new up and coming stable of young guys comes on the scene and The Shield gives them the rub.

DX's runs were **** after a while.

07-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Late 2015 or 2016 is a long, long time from now. This means nothing. They don't plan out their story lines two months in advance, let alone two years.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 01:00 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
2+ years is not a short time by any means these days. Title reigns last weeks, career last days

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
I consider it soon for them to reunite. It's bound to happen. There'd be huge money in it and they could put over an up and coming group, but it should be special when it happens. Two years? I'd wait at least five and let them all establish themselves as legitimate main eventers with title reigns between all of them before it.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 01:08 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
I consider it soon for them to reunite. It's bound to happen. There'd be huge money in it and they could put over an up and coming group, but it should be special when it happens. Two years? I'd wait at least five and let them all establish themselves as legitimate main eventers with title reigns between all of them before it.
2 years is plenty to establish them as main eventers. Especially with guys like HHH, Punk, Jericho, Kane, RVD etc all but surely will be inactivate or close to it and Cena and Orton won't be exactly young anymore, either.

Old
07-03-2014, 07:34 AM
duckchobbins

Wrestlemania 2016 would be a nice time for it. Or the road to Wrestlemania in 2016 anyway. That's a ton of time to establish them all as top tier singles talents

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 09:07 PM
CharasInCharge
Dealer Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
Yeah I agree with this. There is so much for these guys to do on their own that I feel like that is way too soon. DX didn't reunite with its original lineup until 8 years after HBK originally retired. Look how much HHH did in that amount of time to establish himself as a star. Give the Shield time to mature on their own and let the reuniting feel more special.

CharasInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Megahab

I wouldn't take this so seriously. This seems like one of Dave Meltzer's sources overheard someone talking about a Shield reunion as a passing comment and Meltzer decided to run with it. There's no way WWE has any ideas for 2 years down the road.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

At least wait till 2016 or later, they all have great potential for long singles runs imo.

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:14 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I wouldn't take this so seriously. This seems like one of Dave Meltzer's sources overheard someone talking about a Shield reunion as a passing comment and Meltzer decided to run with it. There's no way WWE has any ideas for 2 years down the road.
I'm sure they have ideas, but they change so often that it's not worth reporting on really.

And besides, it might not be a full reunion, it might very well be like the DX reunions. The "article" even states that.

07-04-2014, 03:13 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
How do you turn Rollins back to face? Make the save for Ambrose and/or Reigns. It's always been that easy.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 06:20 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
How do you turn Rollins back to face? Make the save for Ambrose and/or Reigns. It's always been that easy.
It's even more simple than that. Rollins always said only he knows the "reason" he did what he did and in the end if they really felt like it they could just say they were pulling a long con on HHH.

For example. "We knew none of us would never get a world title shot as long as you were the boss so we went with Plan B"

Old
07-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
They were selling Shield tshirts at RAW yesterday. Reunion imminent.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote