HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 03:24 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Well it could have also been O'Reilly + + (Barrie + Sgarbossa/Olver?) for Yandle + Gordon, but about the time the trade went south was when it was announced that Gordon was hurt.

I don't personally think Colorado would make that trade. (O'Reilly + Elliott for Hanzal + Gormley) Yeah we have a better 'chance' of Gormley turning into a #1/#2 D but he is no where near close to being ready for that. Too big of a question mark IMO... At least in a trade involving O'Reilly.
Hanzal's better than Radar for now and would be really awesome for this team if we really are going down the 90s Stars team strategy, deep set of really hard to play against forwards, a big defense and great goaltending. If I were more sold on Gormley I would actually like that trade but I just don't think Gormley's ready to partner EJ any time soon, and if we move EJ I'd want someone like Kulikov, Yandle or Vlasic who could play with EJ from day one.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Glasscog

O'reilly can't go anywhere, otherwise he would become the new avs killer.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:28 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
O'reilly can't go anywhere, otherwise he would become the new avs killer.
Which is why I like a potential Kulikov deal, kills two birds. It would acquire the potential top pairing partner for EJ, and it gets O'Reilly out of the West. If the Avs do end up trade ROR, I hope they ship him out east.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Which is why I like a potential Kulikov deal, kills two birds. It would acquire the potential top pairing partner for EJ, and it gets O'Reilly out of the West. If the Avs do end up trade ROR, I hope they ship him out east.
EJ is going to Lokomotiv in KHL? We're screwed.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:32 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Plus if you could snag Matthias in the deal, you could still have a solid 3rd line. Probably would have to give up a pick/defensemen/prospect to get it done, but would be worth it in the end.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Glasscog

Florida would have an entire line of avs killers anytime we would play against them (not very often of course).

Old
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
S3rkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Plus if you could snag Matthias in the deal, you could still have a solid 3rd line. Probably would have to give up a pick/defensemen/prospect to get it done, but would be worth it in the end.
I really hope that is the deal that gets done. I'd imagine in a perfect world they'd want to pull the trigger before wednesday to get the players at least a practice or two before puck drop. My guess is if theres an imminent deal we will have an answer Tuesday night or wed afternoon. If not its gonna drag on through the season like Turris.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Florida would have an entire line of avs killers anytime we would play against them (not very often of course).
"Peter, that was just an incredible play by our old friend Wojtek Wolski. He deked around Shane O'Brien--"
"No easy feat, Mike!"
"--then roofed it over JS Giguere. But you know, it was our old friend Peter Mueller who did a lot of work, stripping the puck from Tyler Bozak who came over in the Stastny trade, then clearing it around the boards."
"And let's not forget our old friend Marek Svatos, who pushed that play really hard by falling down at the blueline."
"Incredible. Wolski from Mueller and Svatos at 12:02 of the third period. Speaking of 02, Peter, what would you say if I told you that you could get a six-inch cold cut combo from Subway for only two bucks?"

Old
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
"Peter, that was just an incredible play by our old friend Wojtek Wolski. He deked around Shane O'Brien--"
"No easy feat, Mike!"
"--then roofed it over JS Giguere. But you know, it was our old friend Peter Mueller who did a lot of work, stripping the puck from Tyler Bozak who came over in the Stastny trade, then clearing it around the boards."
"And let's not forget our old friend Marek Svatos, who pushed that play really hard by falling down at the blueline."
"Incredible. Wolski from Mueller and Svatos at 12:02 of the third period. Speaking of 02, Peter, what would you say if I told you that you could get a six-inch cold cut combo from Subway for only two bucks?"

Old
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
"No easy feat, Mike!"
Wolski signed on in Washington though.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
"No easy feat, Mike!"
well.
done.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:54 AM
kento19
@kento19

All this fear in ROR not coming back made me wonder what's happening with hishon? Wasn't he cleared to practice a few weeks ago? Does anybody have any info on how he's doing?

Old
01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Who's Hishon?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:11 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Islanders will, and he could be a decent #6 and 2 PP sort of player for them.

We have an older more established version of Hickey on the team in Hunwick.
Called it!

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Waivers: Nsh claimed Rich Clune from LA; NYI claimed Thomas Hickey from LA.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Called it!

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Waivers: Nsh claimed Rich Clune from LA; NYI claimed Thomas Hickey from LA.
Wow What bust Hickey has turned out to be.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
All this fear in ROR not coming back made me wonder what's happening with hishon? Wasn't he cleared to practice a few weeks ago? Does anybody have any info on how he's doing?
Havent seen any.

But I would say in a case like him no news is probably good news right now. If we haven't heard anything he's probably still skating and working back into game shape, meaning no big set backs.

In fact, I think I remember seeing Hishon tweeting at Malone a few days ago about something that happen maybe at practice or working out together. So it would appear as though he might even be with the team practicing now. Cant confirm that but it looks possible.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

So if teams and can do a compliance buy-out by Saturday (as it appears the NHL and NHLPA have included a stay at home bubble wrap clause),I wouldn't mind signing Gomez as a 3C at 1-2 mill.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Gomez.. Idk. But I wouldn't mind given Wade Redden a chance the rest of the season. I'm not sure he is totally finished. He might bounce back decently anyway.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
So if teams and can do a compliance buy-out by Saturday (as it appears the NHL and NHLPA have included a stay at home bubble wrap clause),I wouldn't mind signing Gomez as a 3C at 1-2 mill.
Yeah honestly I'd be down, he'll be motivated to prove himself. Cheap... Veteran... and probably better than Mitchell in that role honestly.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Gomez.. Idk. But I wouldn't mind given Wade Redden a chance the rest of the season. I'm not sure he is totally finished. He might bounce back decently anyway.
Agreed. I think Redden could still be a decent #4/5 on a lot of teams, and a #3 for us. Would give him a 1 year 2-2.5M deal too see what he has left, then resign him if he impresses.

Gomez wouldn't be terrible either IMO. Change of scenery could do him well as well. But I wouldn't go any higher then say 1.5M for him.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

I'd look at Gomez if we knew that ROR wouldn't be back this season.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:18 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

I would love to bring in Lombardi if he came really cheap and if ROR stays in Russia this season.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I would love to bring in Lombardi if he came really cheap and if ROR stays in Russia this season.
If we want a talented guy on the roster with a history of concussions we should just put Hishon on the roster. At least Hishon would have more upside and less risk at this point.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
If we want a talented guy on the roster with a history of concussions we should just put Hishon on the roster. At least Hishon would have more upside and less risk at this point.
I don't even know if Hishon is ready to play games yet and there is a lot more risk with Hishon than Lombardi.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I'd look at Gomez if we knew that ROR wouldn't be back this season.
Even if ROR came back, we could just trade Gomez... Especially if he showed some life.

Closed Thread