HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Fla

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 11:59 PM
CJohson15

vCash: 500
Van - Fla

Vancouver trades;
Luongo
Gaunce/Schroeder
Hansen/Raymond

Florida trades;
Bjugstad
Matthais

Vancouver does this only if they sign Arnott and know Doan will sign with them. Vancouver sheds needed cap if they are to sign Doan.

Florida gets Luongo to keep them in the playoff picture, and to help mentor Marmstrom. They also get a speedy winger and a B prospect.

Vancouver might have to add a pick to make this deal work.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:09 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
I'll get in before Florida fans deny us Jugs and ask for Kesler, but I think that's close to fair value and I would be willing to add a pick if necessary

Old
08-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Spitsfan67*

How bad do u think Luongo is....this trade is a slap in the face...he's won Olympic GOLD,help bring his team to the Stanley cup finals...and is for sure a TOP 3 goalie in the world.sure he's had his ups and downs with the Canucks but all in all he's a future hall of fame goalie,they wouldn't throw luongo away because of his contract..c'mon....plus they'll probably trade him to Burke in Toronto for there 1st round picks for the next 5 years

Old
08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I don't think I'm ok with this as a Canuck fan. I have zero interest in moving Hansen for prospects, it would have to be Raymond instead. Overall it's a pretty crappy deal.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Cogburn

I remember when Bjustad wasn't on most Canucks radar...but as soon as Florida fans said "we want to keep him, I doubt he's moved" our fan base became obsessed. Ditto Gardiner for Toronto. Oof...next thing you know, Florida fans will exploit this, Upshall or Kopecky will be untouchable, and we'll want to move Lu straight for him

Old
08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJohson15 View Post
Vancouver trades;
Luongo
Gaunce/Schroeder
Hansen/Raymond

Florida trades;
Bjugstad
Matthais

Vancouver does this only if they sign Arnott and know Doan will sign with them. Vancouver sheds needed cap if they are to sign Doan.

Florida gets Luongo to keep them in the playoff picture, and to help mentor Marmstrom. They also get a speedy winger and a B prospect.

Vancouver might have to add a pick to make this deal work.
we're not trading Bjugstad. everyone i have spoken to, from within our outside of the organization, was absolutely raving about his play at rookie camp. his stock has risen to the point where they consider him just about as good a prospect as huberdeau. not just because of his play at rookie camp, obviously, he was dominant at UMinn as well (thought i'd point that out for those who may misconstrue my point)

needless to say, you have no chance at huberdeau, and have no chance at bjugstad either.

accept that fact, aim lower and move on: a message both canucks fans and mike gillis need to accept.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
El Duderino

This is pretty bad for the Canucks tbh.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:22 AM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I remember when Bjustad wasn't on most Canucks radar...but as soon as Florida fans said "we want to keep him, I doubt he's moved" our fan base became obsessed. Ditto Gardiner for Toronto. Oof...next thing you know, Florida fans will exploit this, Upshall or Kopecky will be untouchable, and we'll want to move Lu straight for him
It's the classic "You can't have it" effect.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:23 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
How bad do u think Luongo is....this trade is a slap in the face...he's won Olympic GOLD,help bring his team to the Stanley cup finals...and is for sure a TOP 3 goalie in the world.sure he's had his ups and downs with the Canucks but all in all he's a future hall of fame goalie,they wouldn't throw luongo away because of his contract..c'mon....plus they'll probably trade him to Burke in Toronto for there 1st round picks for the next 5 years
Top 3 in the world? Rinne, Lundqvist, Quick?

Old
08-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
It's the classic "You can't have it" effect.
And some of my fellow Canucks fans follow it like goats. I just hope a guy dressed up like he's from the 1600's doesn't come by and start playing a flute, or this board would get awfully quiet for awhile.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:32 AM
CJohson15

Quote:
Im a HUGE luongo fan too and i would hate to see him leave for nothing. I dont understand why more teams dont want one of the best goalies since the lock out, but he cant be a canuck anymore and if we intend to sign doan we need to free up cap space. I would hate to see Hansen go to, and i would rather Raymond and a mid pick instead.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Spitsfan67*

I truly bielieve that if u trade Luongo for under his value..he'll come back next season and will be determined, and motivated to prove alOt of people wrong and will come out next season with the best season of his career.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:55 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Oh well, at least we get to keep Edler in this one.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Henrik To Daniel

Absolutely terrible deal for Vancouver.

Bjugstad and Gaunce have similar upside. This deal is essential Luongo and Hansen/Raymond for Matthais

Old
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Absolutely terrible deal for Vancouver.

Bjugstad and Gaunce have similar upside. This deal is essential Luongo and Hansen/Raymond for Matthais
Quote:
So much wrong with this post...

1) Luongo is not a top 3 goalie.

2) Luongo is not a future HOF goalie unless he actually starts winning something. Considering he hasn't done anything except win a gold medal at the Olympics and is well into his 30s, quite safe to say that he isn't getting in. The same case with Curtis Joseph, good goalie and has solid stats to back him up but lack of hardware will see him out of contention. Both above average goalies but never the best, unfortunately you do not get into the HOF by being above average.

3) Burke wouldn't deal one first round pick for Luongo let alone 5.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post

2) Luongo is not a future HOF goalie unless he actually starts winning something. Considering he hasn't done anything except win a gold medal at the Olympics and is well into his 30s, quite safe to say that he isn't getting in. The same case with Curtis Joseph, good goalie and has solid stats to back him up but lack of hardware will see him out of contention. Both above average goalies but never the best, unfortunately you do not get into the HOF by being above average.

Burke wouldn't know a good goalie if he was right in front of him

Old
08-03-2012, 01:45 AM
ronaldo123

Again way to over value prospects

Old
08-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:

Lol tons of things wrong with ur posts.....there's tons of people who would agree that he's a future hall of famer...just because he hasent won a cup doesn't mean he won't get into he hall....he's a 3 time vezina trophy winner.....a 2 time allstar and he has other personal trophys...and your trying to compare him to Joseph, give ur head a shake bud there not in the same league....

Old
08-03-2012, 01:52 AM
KISSland

When did Lu win a vezina ?

Old
08-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Lol tons of things wrong with ur posts.....there's tons of people who would agree that he's a future hall of famer...just because he hasent won a cup doesn't mean he won't get into he hall....he's a 3 time vezina trophy winner.....a 2 time allstar and he has other personal trophys...and your trying to compare him to Joseph, give ur head a shake bud there not in the same league....
I could swear we were talking about Luongo and then you mentioned 3 time Vezina winner and now I am confused. Care to catch me up?

Old
08-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
I could swear we were talking about Luongo and then you mentioned 3 time Vezina winner and now I am confused. Care to catch me up?
3 time finalist my mistake...still trying to. compare him to Joseph is hilarious there stats and accomplishments aren't even close and Lu still has a good 5 solid years in him.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:08 AM
VerySuperFamous

Quote:
I think he means in NHL 12. Or maybe it's because he lost the Vezina to vastly superior goalies 3 times.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:12 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
199192 Patrick Roy Montreal Canadiens 3
199293 Ed Belfour Chicago Blackhawks 2
199394 Dominik Hasek Buffalo Sabres 1
199495 Dominik Hasek Buffalo Sabres 2
199596 Jim Carey Washington Capitals 1
199697 Dominik Hasek Buffalo Sabres 3
199798 Dominik Hasek Buffalo Sabres 4
199899 Dominik Hasek Buffalo Sabres 5
19992000 Olaf Kolzig Washington Capitals 1
200001 Dominik Hasek Buffalo Sabres 6
200102 Jose Theodore Montreal Canadiens 1
200203 Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils 1
200304 Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils 2
200405 Not awarded due to the league's lockout
200506 Miikka Kiprusoff Calgary Flames 1
200607 Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils 3
200708 Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils 4
200809 Tim Thomas Boston Bruins 1
200910 Ryan Miller Buffalo Sabres 1
201011 Tim Thomas Boston Bruins 2
201112 Henrik Lundqvist New York Rangers 1

I don't seem to see his name.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
3 time finalist my mistake...still trying to. compare him to Joseph is hilarious there stats and accomplishments aren't even close and Lu still has a good 5 solid years in him.
What are Luongo's accomplishments? An Olympic gold? Other than that he has zero hardware that will give him consideration for the HOF. I mentioned Joseph because he is the type of player that was consistent and put up quite a lot of wins. He is probably most comparable to Luongo and he is not in the HOF.

If you want a example of a player who had a better career than Luongo and still hasn't made the HOF, take a look at Tom Barrasso. 2 Stanley Cups and the youngest goalie to win a Vezina, that's 3 pieces of hardware that Luongo does not possess.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:43 AM
vadim sharifijanov

Quote:
What are Luongo's accomplishments? An Olympic gold? Other than that he has zero hardware that will give him consideration for the HOF. I mentioned Joseph because he is the type of player that was consistent and put up quite a lot of wins. He is probably most comparable to Luongo and he is not in the HOF.

If you want a example of a player who had a better career than Luongo and still hasn't made the HOF, take a look at Tom Barrasso. 2 Stanley Cups and the youngest goalie to win a Vezina, that's 3 pieces of hardware that Luongo does not possess.
i think in all fairness, luongo is between joseph and barrasso. he has joseph's consistency and, we project, his longevity but higher end accomplishments (second team all-stars, hart nomination, started on the gold medal team). barrasso had more of an up and down career, but similar high end regular season accolades. two cups put him ahead though.

with what he's done and how high he'll be on the all-time wins list when he retires, starting on a cup winner would make luongo a hall of fame lock, i think. but will he get another good chance?

Closed Thread