HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Fla

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2012, 12:44 PM
  #51
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Toronto:Roberto Luongo,Hanson



To Vancouver:1st round picks 2013,2014, and Kadri,Jesse Blacker.
I dont see us getting the 1sts but Kadri could be a for sure target.

If Tallon won't move Bjugstad, Kadri really isn't much worse as far as prospects go.

He could also center line 2/3 this season, and essentialy replace Hodgson.

Kadri + Ashton + something like a 2nd/macArthur.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:51 PM
  #52
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'd do Petrovic + Howden + 1st...and Upshall if FLA wants.

I think the Panthers 1st will be top 10 next year even with Luongo...just think they are falling behind the teams in their division.
you guys are going to be really dissappointed in the return you get for luongo if thats the type of package youre expecting.

flapanthersfan is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:51 PM
  #53
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post


Theodore had a good year last year but if you look at his past he is consistently a guy who is inconsistent! Expecting him to be as good or better then last year is a HUGE risk. He is no where near the level of Luongo.




Apparently sarcasm is lost on you
The year before he played well for the Wild.
Even Clemmer played well for us in stretches last year.
Point is, I don't see the need for Luongo and his 6.7 mil salary being worth a prospect we are high on/can make the team in a short time span.
The odds are Luongo will be more consistent than Theodore next year. However, that comes with a 5.2 million price tag increase and 6.7 mil per year for the next 4-5(?)years. This is a salary oriented team. Our offense needs that extra money. Strapping our selves with Lu will prevent us from signing players in general. So, I can't see Tallon really pushing for him, and if he is he is trying to steal him, a la Campbell

ShootIt is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:53 PM
  #54
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
At some point, all teams have to either deal from their prospect pool to fill holes and compete, or get lucky with free agent signings. I don't think deal 1 of your top 5 prospects is a terrible deal for an all-star goalie who will guarantee you a playoff berth. You can't wait around forever, you guys need to try to build on the season you had last year. As of right now, you haven't made many moves to help accomplish that. Deal from a position of strength to strengthen a position of weakness, that's what teams do. Heck, that's what we're trying to do too!
While you somewhat make sense, the Panthers aren't quite at "some point" where they can deal from their prospect pool. If they were going to deal 1 of their top 5 prospects, it wouldnt be Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Markstrom or Petrovic IMHO, which just leaves Howden. I dont think Tallon is ready to give any of those guys up right now. Now if you want to talk about prospects 6-10, then you're completely making sense for the Panthers (meaning guys like Shore, Robak, McFarland, etc).

And I still cant understand how Luongo would guarantee us a playoff berth. Yes we want to build on last yr's success but why does Luongo help us build on that really? We had solid goaltending last yr between Theo & Clemmer so thats not a weakness and our issue last yr was the ability to score goals. And we have made a few moves to improve on that by adding Mueller and there's also the addition of Huberdeau. I think Tallon is fine with rolling the dice with the squad he has now and hoping for the best. Also the owners here know that we are ahead of schedule on a 3-5 yr plan so even if we didnt build on last yr, I think they will be fine if we start integrating the youth like Huberdeau this season (and Bjugstad next season).

Coolburn is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:04 PM
  #55
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I dont see us getting the 1sts but Kadri could be a for sure target.

If Tallon won't move Bjugstad, Kadri really isn't much worse as far as prospects go.

He could also center line 2/3 this season, and essentialy replace Hodgson.

Kadri + Ashton + something like a 2nd/macArthur.
I've been peddling this exact deal since about Luongo thread 10.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
  #56
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I've been peddling this exact deal since about Luongo thread 10.
At Luongo thread 10, Vancouver fans had never heard of Bjugstad.

If Would much rather do Luongo for Kadri + than Luongo + for Bjugstad

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
  #57
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
At Luongo thread 10, Vancouver fans had never heard of Bjugstad.

If Would much rather do Luongo for Kadri + than Luongo + for Bjugstad
I'll say this, Kadri is NHL ready and can play wing or center. Has great hands but isn't exactly physical.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
  #58
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I'll say this, Kadri is NHL ready and can play wing or center. Has great hands but isn't exactly physical.
Sounds like Hodgson going into last season.

A lot of fans initial thoughts when Bob Mackenzie tweeted that Kassian was a Canuck were "wow Hodgson and Kassian will be sick!"

Well to me, Kadri - Kassian is the next best thing.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
  #59
IceManCat
A New Era
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Another Bjugstad for Loungo thread

IceManCat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
  #60
IceManCat
A New Era
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Imagine17;53250599]

Theodore had a good year last year but if you look at his past he is consistently a guy who is inconsistent! Expecting him to be as good or better then last year is a HUGE risk. He is no where near the level of Luongo.


Yeah because Loungo and consistent are synonymis with each other

IceManCat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:25 PM
  #61
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Umm hes probably been one of the most, if not the most consistent goalies for the past however many seasons...

[QUOTE=IceManCat;53252601]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post


Theodore had a good year last year but if you look at his past he is consistently a guy who is inconsistent! Expecting him to be as good or better then last year is a HUGE risk. He is no where near the level of Luongo.


Yeah because Loungo and consistent are synonymis with each other

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
  #62
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
For years Vancouver fans told us that Having Luongo and Schneider between the pipe was the key of their success.

Why so many proposals from Vancouver fan trying to destroy this formula of success?

palindrom is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:39 PM
  #63
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Sounds like Hodgson going into last season.

A lot of fans initial thoughts when Bob Mackenzie tweeted that Kassian was a Canuck were "wow Hodgson and Kassian will be sick!"

Well to me, Kadri - Kassian is the next best thing.
I'd actually post a proposal on the main board, but i'd get destroyed by both fanbases and my fragile ego couldn't take it.

Truely though, it's the only way i see a deal between TO and Van working. We don't have the depth to move core guys. I just remember playoff hockey in TO and it was electric. Those days we had guys like Joseph, Belfour and Potvin, i think Luongo would stabalise the team enough to insure playoffs.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
  #64
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,638
vCash: 50
Good to see Florida has so many GM's. Please don't tell me your not trading X player for Luongo when you have no inside info on the Panthers. I also read a hilarious comment of Theodore only being a slight downgrade on Luongo, thanks for the laugh man.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:48 PM
  #65
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I've been peddling this exact deal since about Luongo thread 10.
I think all Canucks fans would agree to that, provided the Canucks sign doan.

EDIT:

To clarify the Canucks would actually have to move out a forward if they signed Doan... my guess would be Raymond.

They wouldn't be able to take back extra players in a Luongo deal anyways.

LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
  #66
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,638
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Another Bjugstad for Loungo thread
Actually I haven't seen any Bjugstad for "Loungo" threads.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
  #67
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Good to see Florida has so many GM's. Please don't tell me your not trading X player for Luongo when you have no inside info on the Panthers. I also read a hilarious comment of Theodore only being a slight downgrade on Luongo, thanks for the laugh man.
So what's the point of this forum?

I guess the mods should close any thread that is a proposal, because we aren't GM's?
Right?
No one has insider info here, that posts frequently anyways.

Last year Theodore wasn't that far off from Luongo. Sorry we are getting good goaltending for 1.5 million dollars.

ShootIt is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:50 PM
  #68
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Im like one of the few Canucks - Leafs fan.

A Kadri + for Lu trade helps both sides.

Canucks fans are too busy crapping on Kadri, and Leafs fans are too busy saying the Leafs wont give up anything for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I'd actually post a proposal on the main board, but i'd get destroyed by both fanbases and my fragile ego couldn't take it.

Truely though, it's the only way i see a deal between TO and Van working. We don't have the depth to move core guys. I just remember playoff hockey in TO and it was electric. Those days we had guys like Joseph, Belfour and Potvin, i think Luongo would stabalise the team enough to insure playoffs.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 01:51 PM
  #69
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
So what's the point of this forum?

I guess the mods should close any thread that is a proposal, because we aren't GM's?
Right?
No one has insider info here, that posts frequently anyways.

Last year Theodore wasn't that far off from Luongo. Sorry we are getting good goaltending for 1.5 million dollars.
Yeah last year. If Theodore has shown anything over his career it is that he wildly inconsistent. Saying that Luongo is only a slight upgrade is such a joke as Luongo has shown over the years that he is very consistent. Is your team planning to build on your success from last year?



Also I think he means when people say things like "Oh no our GM isn't doing that"... its like how do you know what your GM will or won't do? Just because a GM says something in the paper does not mean that its in stone. The proposal forum to me has always been a place where people bring up ideas & others comment on how far a part they think the value is.... you know there personal opinions on the value, not trying to say "well our team doesn't need ....etc" because you may have a thought on what your teams needs but most likely your GM is thinking 5 step a head. We want what you think, not what you think your GM thinks.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:03 PM
  #70
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Agreed. Doan could be the difference between a guy like Connolly coming back or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I think all Canucks fans would agree to that, provided the Canucks sign doan.

EDIT:

To clarify the Canucks would actually have to move out a forward if they signed Doan... my guess would be Raymond.

They wouldn't be able to take back extra players in a Luongo deal anyways.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
  #71
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Yeah last year. If Theodore has shown anything over his career it is that he wildly inconsistent. Saying that Luongo is only a slight upgrade is such a joke as Luongo has shown over the years that he is very consistent. Is your team planning to build on your success from last year?



Also I think he means when people say things like "Oh no our GM isn't doing that"... its like how do you know what your GM will or won't do? Just because a GM says something in the paper does not mean that its in stone. The proposal forum to me has always been a place where people bring up ideas & others comment on how far a part they think the value is.... you know there personal opinions on the value, not trying to say "well our team doesn't need ....etc" because you may have a thought on what your teams needs but most likely your GM is thinking 5 step a head. We want what you think, not what you think your GM thinks.
Ok, he was inconsistent in his past. However, I don't think many variables will change where all of a sudden he will be posting a sub .900 save percentage. And if he does, then Tallon might get desperate for another goalie/ see how well Clemmenson-Markstrom do.

Maybe it's because it's what he has been saying since day one?
Obviously GM's say stuff to the fans that might not be true, but, so far he has been consistent to his word, when it has come to prospects and the team identity. Well, I think exactly what I've been posting. Luongo, at this time, isn't worth even Petrovic.

I don't care if we miss the postseason next year due to goaltending. This team is still going through a rebuild. We overachieved last year, got lucky...
I think we should stay the course, stay somewhat competitive and let our prospects develop properly. If they do progress as expected, they can beat out some of the stop gaps we signed over the past two years. I rather go for the final move, like a Top 10 goalie like Lu, when/ if Huberdeau and Bjugstad are getting to their prime. Not when our offense is still average and our current goaltending is exceeding their price.

ShootIt is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:14 PM
  #72
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Toronto:Roberto Luongo,Hanson



To Vancouver:1st round picks 2013,2014, and Kadri,Jesse Blacker.
Take out Hansen, take out 1st in 2014.

Luongo for Kadri/Colborne + Blacker/Ashton + 1st Round Pick (2nd If TO Misses Playoffs).

If it's TOs first Canucks throw in a 3rd or 4th Rounder.

LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:26 PM
  #73
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Like I said, Bjugstad = Gaunce. Why should we have to add to a top 5 goalie to get a prospect that is similar to one that we already have?

Henrik To Daniel is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
  #74
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Like I said, Bjugstad = Gaunce. Why should we have to add to a top 5 goalie to get a prospect that is similar to one that we already have?
Umm what?

Kershaw is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
  #75
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Take out Hansen, take out 1st in 2014.

Luongo for Kadri/Colborne + Blacker/Ashton + 1st Round Pick (2nd If TO Misses Playoffs).

If it's TOs first Canucks throw in a 3rd or 4th Rounder.
If given the choice, sign me up for the bolded.

Liferleafer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.