HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Fla

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2012, 06:58 PM
umad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
You can't bring up any of Loungo's playoff performances without getting an infraction so I'm just going to leave it unresponsive.
I think you guys should worry about the season more, rather than playoffs, if you can make it that is.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
You can't bring up any of Loungo's playoff performances without getting an infraction so I'm just going to leave it unresponsive.
You can.... YOU just can't do it in a douchey way, thats why you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
luongo is very consistent in crunch time and during the first two months of the season, oh yes, his puck handling is tremendous too!!! keep him, as a panther fan and i believe i'm in the majority we don't want, or need luongo. we're set in goal as it is. i loved the earlier comment about used car salesmen because it strikes soooo true.
wow

How would you know about Luongo in crunch time? You never saw him in crunch time as a Panther.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingNuck View Post
I don't understand most of the posters on here.

Convincing Canucks fans that Bjugstad won't be moved for Luongo won't prevent Tallon from dealing Bjugstad. In a similar note, convincing Panthers fans that Bjugstad will be moved for Luongo won't cause Tallon to deal Bjugstad.

This whole thread (including the other ones before) seem like the fans believe that if they can convince the other fanbase to yield, that the GMs will yield as well.

Do Vancouver fans want Bjugstad? Yes. There's no point in downplaying the ability/prospect of Bjugstad as a top player in order to try and convince Florida fans that Bjugstad is worth dealing.

Do Florida fans want to keep Bjugstad instead of having Luongo? Yes.

I seriously don't understand why Canucks fans keep trying to shove Luongo down Panthers' fans throats. The fans don't want him? Fine. But the fans don't represent the GM. The fans don't want to move Bjugstad? Fine. But, again, if Tallon decides to move Bjugstad, there won't be anything any of the fans can do about the move.

Only if he gets moved

you made some sense until the bolded part. florida fans are so anti-trading bjugstad because of what our management thinks of him, publicly and privately.

like i said earlier in this thread - i know some people in the org. and our management thinks of him almost in the same breath as huberdeau with the way he has developed the last two years. he's untouchable, and when gillis asked for him all negotiations ended there because of it.

vancouver will not get bjugstad in a trade for luongo. it has nothing to do with the fans perception. it's really that simple.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:15 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Who are these 12 players we keep mentioning? I think I speak for the majority when I say that Huberdeau and Bjugstad are the two that are untouchable, when it comes to Luongo. Would I like it if Tallon dealt Petrovic, no, but given our depth on defense, its not the end of the world. Howden Im high on because of his offensive skill, and that he adds a TON of speed to the team. Again, I wouldnt want him dealt either, but you have to give to get. Nobody said either one of those two, or Shore, Robak, Grimaldi, etc. were untouchables, so Im not sure where you get these 12 players from.
Kulikov
Huberdeau
Markstrom
Bjudstad
Gudbranson
Howden
Petrovic
McFarland
Shore
Rau
Grimaldi
Robak

Top 3 totally understandable... Bjudstad on is where Canuck fans question proposed deals.

EDIT:

And to answer your last point many Florida fans straight up said that Shore, McFarland, Rau, Grimaldi were untouchable at one point or another over the last month.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
arsmaster

Florida fans: sorry.

I'm just taking out my anger at prospects being overrated on hfboards. It's not just Bjugstad.

Ill get over it. Just probably need a break from any thread involving luongo.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:23 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Kulikov
Huberdeau
Markstrom
Bjudstad
Gudbranson
Howden
Petrovic
McFarland
Shore
Rau
Grimaldi
Robak

Top 3 totally understandable... Bjudstad on is where Canuck fans question proposed deals.

EDIT:

And to answer your last point many Florida fans straight up said that Shore, McFarland, Rau, Grimaldi were untouchable at one point or another over the last month.
the sense i get from the panthers is that they will take luongo if he comes for pennies on the dollar. there really was no plan to change our goaltending when the offseason began. they like all 3 of our netminders a lot. (personally, i hate clemmensen, im just telling you what i think their mindset is like)

i think tallon's stance is more of "fine, luongo will only accept a trade to florida? we'll take him if you take back bad contract X and mediocre prospect Y)" - the interest in luongo is minimal.

vancouver definitely won't get kulikov, huberdeau, gudbranson markstrom or bjugstad. which is why these threads are so laughable. bjugstad is thought of in the same breath. im pretty sure they won't get howden or petrovic, either. anyone after that is probably fair game.

if luongo is dealt to florida - it will probably be something like clemmensen/theodore, upshall, shore, 3rd rd pick for luongo, filler contract (vancouver adds 3 players to their 50 man)

is luongo worth more than that? maybe. probably. but you won't get it from us.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:29 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
the sense i get from the panthers is that they will take luongo if he comes for pennies on the dollar. there really was no plan to change our goaltending when the offseason began. they like all 3 of our netminders a lot. (personally, i hate clemmensen, im just telling you what i think their mindset is like)

i think tallon's stance is more of "fine, luongo will only accept a trade to florida? we'll take him if you take back bad contract X and mediocre prospect Y)" - the interest in luongo is minimal.

vancouver definitely won't get kulikov, huberdeau, gudbranson markstrom or bjugstad. which is why these threads are so laughable. bjugstad is thought of in the same breath. im pretty sure they won't get howden or petrovic, either. anyone after that is probably fair game.

if luongo is dealt to florida - it will probably be something like clemmensen/theodore, upshall, shore, 3rd rd pick for luongo, filler contract (vancouver adds 3 players to their 50 man)

Nope and the Canucks wont take that deal proposed, makes no sense. worse goaltender, either way, forward that wouldn't have a spot, okay prospect and mid-round pick? + no cap savings? Makes no sense. The rumoured schenn for luongo straight up made more sense.

Old
08-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Kulikov
Huberdeau
Markstrom
Bjudstad
Gudbranson
Howden
Petrovic
McFarland
Shore
Rau
Grimaldi
Robak

EDIT:

How does anyone struggle with Gudbranson being untouchable? And sorry, it's come out time and again that Jugs is highly valued in the organization. They're not going to move him. Obviously for certain players, but that won't happen.

08-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Nope and the Canucks wont take that deal proposed, makes no sense. worse goaltender, either way, forward that wouldn't have a spot, okay prospect and mid-round pick? + no cap savings? Makes no sense. The rumoured schenn for luongo straight up made more sense.
Upshall wouldn't have a spot?? And Shore isn't just and OK prospect, not gonna be a world beater, but has NHL potential. Amd of course they're not as good, you're not goin to ge an equal goalie, besides, he'll be a backup. You guys, or us, would be great with Theo as a backup. How is anyone down on him?

Luongo's contract gives him negative value, why do you think he's still there??

Old
08-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:

This. We hear Loungo wants to come back to Florida. We'll take him at a bargain if he's available and Gillis wants to respect his wishes to go back to Florida. Sounds like you guys want lots for him which is fine, but find another trade partner or keep him. Tallon has made it clear he feels the same way.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Upshall wouldn't have a spot?? And Shore isn't just and OK prospect, not gonna be a world beater, but has NHL potential. Amd of course they're not as good, you're not goin to ge an equal goalie, besides, he'll be a backup. You guys, or us, would be great with Theo as a backup. How is anyone down on him?

Luongo's contract gives him negative value, why do you think he's still there??
Negative value implies we have to take a bad contract back, in addition to a lesser prospect. That scenario is simply not going to happen. Have you read the deals Quick and Price just signed? While Luongo has an excessive term, his price tag is peanuts compared to the aforementioned. Not to mention Rinne and Lundqvist.

This is why most threads regarding Luongo are locked. They devolve into arguments about his contract or playoff performance. We will get decent value or Lu suits up with the Nucks again. It really is that simple.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Negative value implies we have to take a bad contract back, in addition to a lesser prospect. That scenario is simply not going to happen. Have you read the deals Quick and Price just signed? While Luongo has an excessive term, his price tag is peanuts compared to the aforementioned. Not to mention Rinne and Lundqvist.

This is why most threads regarding Luongo are locked. They devolve into arguments about his contract or playoff performance. We will get decent value or Lu suits up with the Nucks again. It really is that simple.
Quick and Price are 8 years younger than Loungo. And it's not like Loungo's contract is half over. It's only 2 years into a 12 year contract. I'd take Price's and Quicks contract over Loungo's everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Kulikov
Huberdeau
Markstrom
Bjudstad
Gudbranson
Howden
Petrovic
McFarland
Shore
Rau
Grimaldi
Robak

EDIT:

Your putting words in Panther fans mouth. The players you listed are only untouchable in a trade for a certain 33 year old goalie.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Quick and Price are 8 years younger than Loungo. And it's not like Loungo's contract is half over. It's only 2 years into a 12 year contract. I'd take Price's and Quicks contract over Loungo's everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
So would I but evidently you missed the point. Luongo's contract is not the albatross people attempt to insinuate. He is a top ten goaltender likely for another five years minimum. It may not be great however it does not equate to "negative value" as the poster I quoted mentioned.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
This, again, there's a reason he's still a Canuck. As Flapanthersfan said, they want him for pennies, there's no guarantees on anything. We're fine going into next season with what wee got, apparently.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:19 PM
ChillyPalmer

If the Panthers wanted Gaunce they could have drafted him.

Bjugstad is a big, skilled centre. They won't move him for a 33 year old goalie and Mason Raymond.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
So would I but evidently you missed the point. Luongo's contract is not the albatross people attempt to insinuate. He is a top ten goaltender likely for another five years minimum. It may not be great however it does not equate to "negative value" as the poster I quoted mentioned.
His contract doesn't have negative value to Toronto. It does to Florida. Nowadays, a 5.3 million cap hit is very reasonable. But Dale Tallon doesn't even care about the cap hit. He looks straight at the $6.7 million real dollars we have to pay him for the next 6 years. The reason Florida was so improved this year was because they took the $5.7 million they were sinking into one goaltender(Vokoun) and invested into other areas. And what do you know, we make the playoffs. The Panther's have been building around high profile goaltenders for a decade and it's got us nowhere. Loungo doesn't guarantee the Panthers nothing. Canuck fans should stop saying he locks us into a playoff spot. If we don't get scoring, we won't make the playoffs. Wouldn't matter if Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne or Thomas was our goalie.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
SouthFLFan79

not interested in this in any perspective

Old
08-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Deeezus

Quote:
Your putting words in Panther fans mouth. The players you listed are only untouchable in a trade for a certain 33 year old goalie.
My question is whether or not these players are really untouchable. Everyone keeps saying Gillis' asking price is too high (I assume it's something like a top prospect, a high draft pick and maybe a top 6 forward). In that scenario, from a Panthers fan perspective, that's way too much to give up for Luongo and any top prospect they have would be untouchable.

However, personally, I would be completely okay with a Luongo for any one of Huberdeau, Gudbranson, or Bjugstad straight up. Would that make these top prospects less untouchable if it was a straight up 1 for 1 trade? Would Panthers fan be more okay with that? Would Canucks fans?

Thoughts?

Old
08-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeezus View Post
My question is whether or not these players are really untouchable. Everyone keeps saying Gillis' asking price is too high (I assume it's something like a top prospect, a high draft pick and maybe a top 6 forward). In that scenario, from a Panthers fan perspective, that's way too much to give up for Luongo and any top prospect they have would be untouchable.

However, personally, I would be completely okay with a Luongo for any one of Huberdeau, Gudbranson, or Bjugstad straight up. Would that make these top prospects less untouchable if it was a straight up 1 for 1 trade? Would Panthers fan be more okay with that? Would Canucks fans?

Thoughts?
We wouldn't give you any of those players straight up. That's what Canuck fans aren't getting. Those players are untouchable when it comes to Loungo. Tallon doesn't want to even give up Bjugstad. Huberdeau and Gudbranson will never happen. Stick to Toronto Canucks, they'll bite eventually.

Old
08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Vancouver still thinking their going to get ANY value from any team

let alone an organizations top prospect

Old
08-03-2012, 10:26 PM
harv3317

absolutely not giving up one of those prospects for luongo straight up!!! we don't need loungo. hope he enjoys another season in vancouver!!

Old
08-03-2012, 10:31 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:

thats fine - and perfectly understandable. just keep him, or trade him somewhere else - it's no skin off our backs. we don't need a goalie.

the only way luongo ends up with florida it will be on our terms. gillis likely sees it the way you do, and because of that, is likely why (according to our beat writers) the two clubs haven't talked about a luongo trade in weeks, maybe months.

vancouver isn't getting bjugstad, so these threads just need to stop already.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
thats fine - and perfectly understandable. just keep him, or trade him somewhere else - it's no skin off our backs. we don't need a goalie.

the only way luongo ends up with florida it will be on our terms. gillis likely sees it the way you do, and because of that, is likely why (according to our beat writers) the two clubs haven't talked about a luongo trade in weeks, maybe months.

vancouver isn't getting bjugstad, so these threads just need to stop already.
Exactly. Somebody start a Toronto/Vancouver thread. This Loungo for Florida's top prospects talk is pointless. Florida can start their salesman talk on the leafs now.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:13 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

There is a reason why there hasn't been a rumor for over a month that said Tallon had any communication with Gillis. This is why.

Also I'm sure I'm not the only Panthers fan with a short term memory dating back to 2006. Talk about selling low and re-buying high. No smart investor would do it and certainly no shrewd GM would do it either.

Closed Thread