NYC, Dallas, Chicago considering 2024 olympic bid

Old
08-13-2012, 10:15 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
here in the Southeast US, we're the definition of urban sprawl. Atlanta's actual population is around 500,000, but the metro area has roughly 5.5 million. My city, Birmingham, Alabama, has an actual population of 220,000, but a metro area of 1.2 million.

Our cities tend to not be as dense as Northern and Canadian cities. Example...Houston TX is the 5th largest city in the US. You can drive for an hour and a half from downtown Houston and still be in Houston.
that's a good point. i forgot about that. you get a lot of sprawl in the GTA/SE Ontario...but toronto proper resembles a large built up city. atlanta kind of doesn't...so it's easier to forget the population stretches as large as it does.

the most sprawl i've seen in my life (at least in N. Am) is LA. I was there visiting relatives and we decided to go to joshua tree national park. after being in a car for 2 hrs (albeit, we sat in traffic some) i asked how much longer until we were there...and was told we still hadn't left l.a.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Montreal should do it again.
Considering what a tremendous failure nearly everything associated with the last Olympics they hosted turned out to be, I highly doubt they'll ever consider hosting it again.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Montreal should do it again.
Wait.... didn't they literally just finish paying off the debt from their last games like a year or two ago?

I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess and say that they're not very interested.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote