HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils - Islanders

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
tsipka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Lastly, the concept the Isles are going to lose Visnovsky back to the Ducks, or that they won't make the cap floor is not really viable. First, I don't think Viz has much of a case, and I also think even if it did break in his favor, he would work the deal out with Snow and the Isles. Second, the Islanders will get to the floor. They always have and always will. There will be camp invitees, another signing from that, and perhaps another deal is out there. Plus the floor is going to drop as will the cap ceiling.
As it stands now, the isles are 6.4M below the floor. If Vis leaves, they will be 12M below the floor.

The islanders have a hard time convincing players to play for them as it stands. They might reach the floor, but they will do it by overpaying for crappy players.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Kensu

Islanders don't do this.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Parise9Crosby87

1st rounder is too much

Old
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsipka View Post
As it stands now, the isles are 6.4M below the floor. If Vis leaves, they will be 12M below the floor.

The islanders have a hard time convincing players to play for them as it stands. They might reach the floor, but they will do it by overpaying for crappy players.
True, but with unreachable bonus numbers to stack against the cap, and
for one year only.

Visnovsky likely ends up an Islander whether he wins his case or not. If he wins, the only scenario that could possibly crop is some team like Detroit or Philadelphia swooping in, offering more than a 2013 #2. And that team would have to be on Visnovsky's designated list. (Visnovsky has said NYI will be on that list.)

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
tsipka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
True, but with unreachable bonus numbers to stack against the cap, and
for one year only.

Visnovsky likely ends up an Islander whether he wins his case or not. If he wins, the only scenario that could possibly crop is some team like Detroit or Philadelphia swooping in, offering more than a 2013 #2. And that team would have to be on Visnovsky's designated list. (Visnovsky has said NYI will be on that list.)

Cheers,

Dan-o
Can you provide a link to that?

Why would he oppose the trade if he doesnt mind playing there? Makes no sense.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ders-1.3856275

Quote:
The Islanders had no comment on the matter. They are not involved in the grievance, though they would be greatly affected by the outcome if Visnovsky wins and the deal is voided.

They could still try to make a deal with the Ducks for Visnovsky, who has told friends he would still be open to playing for the Islanders even if he wins his case.

"He's been very thankful for the attention he's received from the Islanders. He's impressed," Sheehy said. "This is not a New York Islanders issue."

Old
08-03-2012, 01:18 PM
tmg

Quote:
A potential lotter pick? Every team that doesn't make the playoffs has a chance to win the lottery.
When people refer to 'A lottery pick', they usually mean a pick in the top 5 - a pick that could become a first-overall pick if that team wins the lottery.

Sure, teams 6-14 are also technically 'in' the lottery - but they can't move up to first overall by winning it.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:

We have a long thread on this. Check out this post with translation.

Why would he do this? I don't know why. But, there is a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Fehr. This comes as no surprise to anyone who follows baseball.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
08-03-2012, 01:28 PM
tsipka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
His friends? really?

It sounds like Vis is just saving face by the comments his agent made if he had to stay with the isles.

Try again

Old
08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
His friends? really?

It sounds like Vis is just saving face by the comments his agent made if he had to stay with the isles.

Try again
We hear from the man, his agent, and his friends, and that's not enough. Do you want a comment from the Pope?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
08-03-2012, 01:40 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
His friends? really?

Try again
If you're so interested in the Visnovsky situation then go ahead and try to find out the facts on your own. I provided a link to offer some sort of insight and if you choose to ignore it and continue to cling to your belief that this trade proposal is beneficial to the Isles, then so be it.

I personally don't see why the Isles would do this trade anyway as they've shown that they are a team that operates right at the cap floor and have hoarded top draft picks in their seemingly endless rebuild. They are holding steadfastly to their plan to build almost exclusively from within - to the dismay of many Isles fans. For the time being, Visnovsky is still property of the Islanders until a decision on the grievance is made. Until then, I doubt Snow makes any significant moves.

As posted earlier, why in the world would they help out a Division rival by getting Volchenkov's contract off their books while getting a potential top-5 pick? They are indeed rivals as they are both competing for a playoff spot.

Oh yeah, the current cap is temporary and by no means the final figure. Many are expecting for it to be lowered which would explain why there are so many teams (10+ from what I remember) that are currrently below the aforementioned temporary cap floor.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
TOGuy14

Realistic value for Volchenkov is probably a 3rd + something decent, or a 2nd at most (considering it is coming from the Islanders)

Old
08-03-2012, 01:47 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
I still want forwards coming back in return for our defensemen. Believe me, I love the lopsidedness of the OP, but it doesn't meet our needs now.
The original proposal is so lopsided that you could just trade the potential lottery pick for that forward.

I'd be shocked if Volchenkov fetched a 1st at this point in his career, with the contract he has

Old
08-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

No thanks.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:58 PM
epskate

I would rather see something based around Tallinder for Grabner.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Realistic value for Volchenkov is probably a 3rd + something decent, or a 2nd at most (considering it is coming from the Islanders)

Agree with this but Volchenkov has a no trade clause. He's not voluntarily going to the Isles.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
No thanks.
come on man, I know you love Volch but you wouldn't give him up for the Isles 1st rounder?

then we could forfeit our pick and we will be picking in the top 10 most likely

Old
08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
tsipka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
come on man, I know you love Volch but you wouldn't give him up for the Isles 1st rounder?

Well if Volchenkov is traded then he has to go post on the isles board for the next 4 years.

Old
08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post

Just a little trolling. Of course I would do it.

Old
08-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Closed pending review.

EDIT: It can stay closed.

Closed Thread