HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames/Flyers/Leafs shakeup

Old
08-03-2012, 01:07 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Think about that for one second, and get back to me.
I don't see what was wrong with that statement... Grabovski plays on our 2nd line because things just work better that way, but 10 out of 10 Leafs fans would tell you that Grabovski is better than any center we currently have. While the Kessel line faces the other team's best defenders most of the time, the Grabovski line still has the burden of often being matched up against the other team's best forwards.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:14 PM
OlliMackBjugStud

while TOR and PHI fans fight over Connolly, can the OP let us know who is going to play goal for CGY?

in case no one noticed, CGY has every intention of making the playoffs, they are not dumping players nor burning it to the ground. this isnt fantasy hockey folks, they are building for a playoff run and I dont think Leland Iriving is the guy they want to hedge their chances on.

Kipper is not being traded, nor is Iginla. When will HF'ers figure this out?

OlliMackBjugStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
calgaryflames1212

wow if only that could happen..

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Oilking83

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames1212 View Post
wow if only that could happen..
Really? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the flames are getting hosed. They give up the two best pieces and get back a collection of meh. Didn't you guys learn anything from the Phaneuf trade?

Oilking83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Think about that for one second, and get back to me.
Sad I know but our second line C is our best C ... This is not news everybody has known this for awhile now.

And no we are not trading Grabo for Bryz. I love Bryz though.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moilers View Post
Really? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the flames are getting hosed. They give up the two best pieces and get back a collection of meh. Didn't you guys learn anything from the Phaneuf trade?
So a 2A C, #3 d-man, good rookie, 1st are meh? Maybe they should trade for Hemsky and Gagner then..

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
One thing. We don't care that you are trying to get back at us for the fleecing for Phaneuf here, but if you do think Connolly is our best centre, well then lets make a Connolly for Kipper deal.

Bryz lived off of that trap system in PHX which is utilized for the goalie perfect. Why do you think the back-up of TBL two years ago is now considered pretty good? The system. You just explained also why Bryz wouldn't work in TO. He is mentally fragile, so then he would be good in TORONTO? Idiocy. And when people saw the backup one year removed lead their team, it was obvious that Tippett helps the goalies. And how is going from Philly's defence to TOR's defence an upgrade?
You can say what you want but

42W-20L in 09/10 and 36W-20L in 10/11

If any goalie was to put up those numbers in Toronto, not only are the leafs a playoff team but they most likely would be battling for home ice. And when again have the leafs made the playoffs? You may not agree with me but I actually find Bryz does better on weaker teams.

Last edited by Puckgenius*: 08-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
namttebih

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddy View Post
Wow, congrats! You figured out the Leafs need a #1 centre! I can't believe no one has pointed this out before!!
Exactly. We don't have a number 1 so we might as well give up our number 2 as well. Going into the season with Bozak Lombardi and Connolly vying for the top 2 C positions is a VERY scary thought.

Oh, but in return we can have the second worst goalkeep in the playoffs last year?

P.......A.........S..........S

namttebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
namttebih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
One thing. We don't care that you are trying to get back at us for the fleecing for Phaneuf here, but if you do think Connolly is our best centre, well then lets make a Connolly for Kipper deal.

Bryz lived off of that trap system in PHX which is utilized for the goalie perfect. Why do you think the back-up of TBL two years ago is now considered pretty good? The system. You just explained also why Bryz wouldn't work in TO. He is mentally fragile, so then he would be good in TORONTO? Idiocy. And when people saw the backup one year removed lead their team, it was obvious that Tippett helps the goalies. And how is going from Philly's defence to TOR's defence an upgrade?
There you go. You finally have a number 1 to play with Iggy. HEY! We need a number 1 to play with Kessel. Why didn't we think of that.

namttebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by They call me Tytan View Post
while TOR and PHI fans fight over Connolly, can the OP let us know who is going to play goal for CGY?

in case no one noticed, CGY has every intention of making the playoffs, they are not dumping players nor burning it to the ground. this isnt fantasy hockey folks, they are building for a playoff run and I dont think Leland Iriving is the guy they want to hedge their chances on.

Kipper is not being traded, nor is Iginla. When will HF'ers figure this out?
My thoughts too.

Calgary gives up their only proven goalie & a top pairing D for a #2/3 center, a budget top 6/9 forward (that's the good part), a top 4 D & a late pick.
Philadelphia gives up that top 4 D, budget 6/9 forward (needed to balance the cap), their starting goalie & their 1st rounder.
Toronto gives up a #2/3 center for a starting goalie.

Seems slanted in TO's favor.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
My thoughts too.

Calgary gives up their only proven goalie & a top pairing D for a #2/3 center, a budget top 6/9 forward (that's the good part), a top 4 D & a late pick.
Philadelphia gives up that top 4 D, budget 6/9 forward (needed to balance the cap), their starting goalie & their 1st rounder.
Toronto gives up a #2/3 center for a starting goalie.

Seems slanted in TO's favor.
If this was any other "starting" goalie than the 2nd biggest nutjob (1st goes to Thomas) in the NHL...you may be correct. But considering how bad bryz's play last year and his contract is, you couldn't be further off the mark.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post

If any goalie was to put up those numbers in Toronto, not only are the leafs a playoff team but they most likely would be battling for home ice. And when again have the leafs made the playoffs? You may not agree with me but I actually find Bryz does better on weaker teams.
When do goalies put up W/L totals in isolation from the rest of the team?

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:39 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

So the Leafs fans who think Luongo has a horrible contract and is over-rate/playoff choker will accept a bigger deal for Bryzgalov? For serious?

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Jaqen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
So the Leafs fans who think Luongo has a horrible contract and is over-rate/playoff choker will accept a bigger deal for Bryzgalov? For serious?
Have you even read through the ****ing thread?

Jaqen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:07 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
To PHI: Mikka Kipprusoff + Jay Bouwmeester

To TO: Ilya Bryzgalov

To CGY: Matt Read, Andre Meszaros, Flyers 2013 1st, Mikael Grabovski

Flames get some significant nice pieces back, 1A/B centre, a young scoring winger, a decent and much cheaper defenseman and a 1st

Leafs get a #1 goalie

Flyers get two elite pieces, top 10 goalie and a top pairing minute muncher ironman who would really stabilize their defense.
This is terrible. Holmgren says,

"Feaster, thanks for calling. Have a great summer. Buh, bye!"

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Bryz has had great success with Carlyle in ANA.
It helps when Bryz had Niedermayer and Pronger (2006-2008 version) playing in front of him in Carlyle's system.

We're about to find out this season in Toronto how much of Anaheim's success was due to Carlyle's system vs. the talent on the roster.

I always liked Bryz and I hope he bounces back this year, but I can't see anyone wanting to take on his contract unless they are unloading an equally unperforming, expensive contract.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 950
No thanks

-Leafs nation

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
Have you even read through the ****ing thread?
Yes. I was not upset with Leafs fans, I was pointing out the ludicrous nature of the proposal in general to a relative comparison.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
SIDGENO8771

Grabovski>Bryz AINEC

Good lucking getting anything for Bryz. His contract is humongous big.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
If Grabovski's your best center, maybe you've got more to worry about than who's in net, I think.

I think Bryz would bring some solidity to the Leafs' goaltending situation, which looks pretty damn shaky since Burke appears to believe a Reimer-Scrivens tandem is the key to the playoffs.....
I agree, Bryz is an upgrade over what we have in net now. It's worth the risk for me to trade for him and let him try and be our #1 G.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

What would Philly fans be willing to accept for Bryz if Leafs fans don't want to trade Grabo?

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
To PHI: Mikka Kipprusoff + Jay Bouwmeester

To TO: Ilya Bryzgalov

To CGY: Matt Read, Andre Meszaros, Flyers 2013 1st, Mikael Grabovski

Flames get some significant nice pieces back, 1A/B centre, a young scoring winger, a decent and much cheaper defenseman and a 1st

Leafs get a #1 goalie

Flyers get two elite pieces, top 10 goalie and a top pairing minute muncher ironman who would really stabilize their defense.
Bryzgalov for Grabovski? GTFO.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:

No, Bryzgalov does better on teams that are Powerhouses or coached by Dave Tip.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Jaqen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Yes. I was not upset with Leafs fans, I was pointing out the ludicrous nature of the proposal in general to a relative comparison.
Oh sorry, the way you phrased made it seem like Leafs fans were saying it. Apologies.

Jaqen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
What would Philly fans be willing to accept for Bryz if Leafs fans don't want to trade Grabo?
Ask the Calgary fans. It's a 3 team trade.
The Flyers give up a lot, Calgary gives up a lot & TML are carping over giving up Garbovski.

Lambardi was mentioned but I think that would require an +. Decent prospect or pick since Garbo seems so valuable.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote