HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Rating our team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2005, 11:16 PM
  #1
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Rating our team

I just wanted to make a post and attempt to rate our team following the HF prospect scale yet without the A,b,c,d,e since most arent prospects anymore. So without further talk:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php = rating system
Frolov - 9 (Elite first liner yet calling him a hall of famer now is pushing it)
Luc - 10 (Greatest player ever in his possesion)
Cowan - 5.5 (3-4 liner agitator-checker)
Armstrong - 6.5 (Really shouldnt be a second liner center yet can play second)
Sean Avery - 7.5 (I really think highly of him i wouldn't mind having him on our first line)
Craig Conroy - 7.2 (Solid second line center could play first but really isn't #1 line caliber)
Belanger - 6 (Quality 3rd liner or 4th line center)
Klatt - 7 (Proved last year he could play on second line yet i would never have him on the first line)
Brown - 8 (Will be a first liner yet elite or generational talent i doubt)
Camms - 7.5 (Could play first line yet more suited for second line)
Straka - 7.1 (Really hard to tell with him where he belongs yet i think he is ok for the second line yet once again not a 1st liner)
Visnovsky - 8 (Good 2nd best defenseman is solid in all areas)
Dempsey - 7.2 (Could play 3rd D man yet i see him more as a 4th)
Matty - 8.8 (Most underrated player in the NHL)
Corvo - 5.8 (Close to being a 5-6 defenseman but really more a 7th)
Holland - 5 (7th dman)
Gleason - 8.4 (Maybe will become #1 defenseman yet i'm closer to him being #2)
Aaron - 7.3 (3-4th defenseman nothing amazing yet does his job)
Garon - 7.8 (Wasnt to sure about this one yet i'll say for sure starting golie yet not sure about elite or guaranteed #1)
Cechmanek - 7.3 (Can be #1 golie he just didn't show it since injuries sometimes he showed how he can really play.... Consistency main issue)

This is only the players that play most of the time. With the younger players i kind of went hence forth and predicted what they'd be not what they are right now. Before anyone goes yelling at me for any critics ask nicelly and i'll try and explain my reasoning for my choice.

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 11:38 PM
  #2
TwzKing
Registered User
 
TwzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,068
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I just wanted to make a post and attempt to rate our team following the HF prospect scale yet without the A,b,c,d,e since most arent prospects anymore. So without further talk:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php = rating system
Frolov - 9 (Elite first liner yet calling him a hall of famer now is pushing it)
Luc - 10 (Greatest player ever in his possesion)
Cowan - 5.5 (3-4 liner agitator-checker)
Armstrong - 6.5 (Really shouldnt be a second liner center yet can play second)
Sean Avery - 7.5 (I really think highly of him i wouldn't mind having him on our first line)
Craig Conroy - 7.2 (Solid second line center could play first but really isn't #1 line caliber)
Belanger - 6 (Quality 3rd liner or 4th line center)
Klatt - 7 (Proved last year he could play on second line yet i would never have him on the first line)
Brown - 8 (Will be a first liner yet elite or generational talent i doubt)
Camms - 7.5 (Could play first line yet more suited for second line)
Straka - 7.1 (Really hard to tell with him where he belongs yet i think he is ok for the second line yet once again not a 1st liner)
Visnovsky - 8 (Good 2nd best defenseman is solid in all areas)
Dempsey - 7.2 (Could play 3rd D man yet i see him more as a 4th)
Matty - 8.8 (Most underrated player in the NHL)
Corvo - 5.8 (Close to being a 5-6 defenseman but really more a 7th)
Holland - 5 (7th dman)
Gleason - 8.4 (Maybe will become #1 defenseman yet i'm closer to him being #2)
Aaron - 7.3 (3-4th defenseman nothing amazing yet does his job)
Garon - 7.8 (Wasnt to sure about this one yet i'll say for sure starting golie yet not sure about elite or guaranteed #1)
Cechmanek - 7.3 (Can be #1 golie he just didn't show it since injuries sometimes he showed how he can really play.... Consistency main issue)

This is only the players that play most of the time. With the younger players i kind of went hence forth and predicted what they'd be not what they are right now. Before anyone goes yelling at me for any critics ask nicelly and i'll try and explain my reasoning for my choice.

~Dont think Sean should be any where close to the top lines....just what i think!
~Frolov is gonna be a great year, but to say he is gonna be elite player, is a bit much.
~Cant stand Holland!
~Chemo...... **sigh** just chemo.....

Other then that, the other look great.....

TwzKing is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
  #3
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I just wanted to make a post and attempt to rate our team following the HF prospect scale yet without the A,b,c,d,e since most arent prospects anymore. So without further talk:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php = rating system
Frolov - 9 (Elite first liner yet calling him a hall of famer now is pushing it)
Luc - 10 (Greatest player ever in his possesion)
Cowan - 5.5 (3-4 liner agitator-checker)
Armstrong - 6.5 (Really shouldnt be a second liner center yet can play second)
Sean Avery - 7.5 (I really think highly of him i wouldn't mind having him on our first line)
Craig Conroy - 7.2 (Solid second line center could play first but really isn't #1 line caliber)
Belanger - 6 (Quality 3rd liner or 4th line center)
Klatt - 7 (Proved last year he could play on second line yet i would never have him on the first line)
Brown - 8 (Will be a first liner yet elite or generational talent i doubt)
Camms - 7.5 (Could play first line yet more suited for second line)
Straka - 7.1 (Really hard to tell with him where he belongs yet i think he is ok for the second line yet once again not a 1st liner)
Visnovsky - 8 (Good 2nd best defenseman is solid in all areas)
Dempsey - 7.2 (Could play 3rd D man yet i see him more as a 4th)
Matty - 8.8 (Most underrated player in the NHL)
Corvo - 5.8 (Close to being a 5-6 defenseman but really more a 7th)
Holland - 5 (7th dman)
Gleason - 8.4 (Maybe will become #1 defenseman yet i'm closer to him being #2)
Aaron - 7.3 (3-4th defenseman nothing amazing yet does his job)
Garon - 7.8 (Wasnt to sure about this one yet i'll say for sure starting golie yet not sure about elite or guaranteed #1)
Cechmanek - 7.3 (Can be #1 golie he just didn't show it since injuries sometimes he showed how he can really play.... Consistency main issue)

This is only the players that play most of the time. With the younger players i kind of went hence forth and predicted what they'd be not what they are right now. Before anyone goes yelling at me for any critics ask nicelly and i'll try and explain my reasoning for my choice.
Wow, I agree with pretty much everything but to say Avery should be on the first line shocked me because its a great post but that part was way offff. But great post nonethless...

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 12:12 AM
  #4
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I guess i really like Avery.... I truelly believe that if he were put on the first line he would prove a lot to many people he has really good offense upside its just his job has been to agitate and fight....
I'm not saying Frolov will be elite next year yet i'm saying he will be in the next few years once again these are all what i believe so ya i'm glad that you two agree with me except on the two players i supported a little extra // I also hate holland!!!

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 12:16 AM
  #5
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I would go with Grebeshkov over both Corvo and Holland.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 12:20 AM
  #6
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
I would go with Grebeshkov over both Corvo and Holland.
I would to yet if you read what i wrote i stated i wrote the names of the players who actually played several games Grebs I'd take over most our defenseman he just isnt part of the Kings really yet

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 03:34 AM
  #7
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canonica - Bergamo
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
I would go with Grebeshkov over both Corvo and Holland.
Any day...

Albi is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 03:45 AM
  #8
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I just wanted to make a post and attempt to rate our team following the HF prospect scale yet without the A,b,c,d,e since most arent prospects anymore. So without further talk:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php = rating system
Frolov - 9 (Elite first liner yet calling him a hall of famer now is pushing it)
Luc - 10 (Greatest player ever in his possesion)
Cowan - 5.5 (3-4 liner agitator-checker)
Armstrong - 6.5 (Really shouldnt be a second liner center yet can play second)
Sean Avery - 7.5 (I really think highly of him i wouldn't mind having him on our first line)
Craig Conroy - 7.2 (Solid second line center could play first but really isn't #1 line caliber)
Belanger - 6 (Quality 3rd liner or 4th line center)
Klatt - 7 (Proved last year he could play on second line yet i would never have him on the first line)
Brown - 8 (Will be a first liner yet elite or generational talent i doubt)
Camms - 7.5 (Could play first line yet more suited for second line)
Straka - 7.1 (Really hard to tell with him where he belongs yet i think he is ok for the second line yet once again not a 1st liner)
Visnovsky - 8 (Good 2nd best defenseman is solid in all areas)
Dempsey - 7.2 (Could play 3rd D man yet i see him more as a 4th)
Matty - 8.8 (Most underrated player in the NHL)
Corvo - 5.8 (Close to being a 5-6 defenseman but really more a 7th)
Holland - 5 (7th dman)
Gleason - 8.4 (Maybe will become #1 defenseman yet i'm closer to him being #2)
Aaron - 7.3 (3-4th defenseman nothing amazing yet does his job)
Garon - 7.8 (Wasnt to sure about this one yet i'll say for sure starting golie yet not sure about elite or guaranteed #1)
Cechmanek - 7.3 (Can be #1 golie he just didn't show it since injuries sometimes he showed how he can really play.... Consistency main issue)

This is only the players that play most of the time. With the younger players i kind of went hence forth and predicted what they'd be not what they are right now. Before anyone goes yelling at me for any critics ask nicelly and i'll try and explain my reasoning for my choice.
Like mostly everyone else, I like what you've done. I agree with almost all..Avery will always be a 3-4 liner.. frolov I hope he becomes a 9 rated player..followed by Brown as a solid 8-8.5. Given a few years from now. Just think if Boyle becomes that 8.0 rated player with his 6"7 frame along with Tukonen solid second line forward and Karlsson throwing people around and scoring on the second line with Lauri.......i think I'm going to cry!!!!

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 03:47 AM
  #9
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I guess i really like Avery.... I truelly believe that if he were put on the first line he would prove a lot to many people he has really good offense upside its just his job has been to agitate and fight....
I'm not saying Frolov will be elite next year yet i'm saying he will be in the next few years once again these are all what i believe so ya i'm glad that you two agree with me except on the two players i supported a little extra // I also hate holland!!!
Secondly, I don't think Avery likes the scoring aspect as crazy as it sounds. Avery like Marty really liked the rough stuff, making people mad, hits along the boards and a face wash every know and then.

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
  #10
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Secondly, I don't think Avery likes the scoring aspect as crazy as it sounds. Avery like Marty really liked the rough stuff, making people mad, hits along the boards and a face wash every know and then.
All i was trying to say is i truelly believe that if Avery wanted and practiced for first line scoring he would fulfill that duty - Once again its just an opinion i'm glad that everyone agreed with the rest of my rating though

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
  #11
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Like mostly everyone else, I like what you've done. I agree with almost all..Avery will always be a 3-4 liner.. frolov I hope he becomes a 9 rated player..followed by Brown as a solid 8-8.5. Given a few years from now. Just think if Boyle becomes that 8.0 rated player with his 6"7 frame along with Tukonen solid second line forward and Karlsson throwing people around and scoring on the second line with Lauri.......i think I'm going to cry!!!!
You forgot about Tambs.... If he fills his 8 also then we have quit solid top 6 fowards. Tambs is right now doing really well in college lets hope he can transfer that to the NHL and Tukonen Kings need to get out of the Blues team before they ruin his career any more then they already are doing. I dont know about Brown making 8.5 i think he will be a solid first liner yet not sure about elite Frolov was better at the same age and people complaining about me calling him elite. Boyle is really questionable he has shown improvement yet still isn't doing much yet look at his size we have to atleast give him few years before any severe critics

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 11:35 PM
  #12
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
You forgot about Tambs.... If he fills his 8 also then we have quit solid top 6 fowards. Tambs is right now doing really well in college lets hope he can transfer that to the NHL and Tukonen Kings need to get out of the Blues team before they ruin his career any more then they already are doing. I dont know about Brown making 8.5 i think he will be a solid first liner yet not sure about elite Frolov was better at the same age and people complaining about me calling him elite. Boyle is really questionable he has shown improvement yet still isn't doing much yet look at his size we have to atleast give him few years before any severe critics
I've seen Tambs play on fox college sports...he is very fast and looked pretty good. You could tell that he was one of the better players on the team. Boyle is doing pretty good now as well. I think he's 4th on the list of goal scorers on BC. Hes 4-5 years away easliy.. Frolov can be an elite player, but that's up to him. He's only 22-23, very young. Top six forwards of the future for us Boyle-karlsson-Tukonen-Brown-Cammy-Tamb-crosby-I wish

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 11:48 PM
  #13
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
I've seen Tambs play on fox college sports...he is very fast and looked pretty good. You could tell that he was one of the better players on the team. Boyle is doing pretty good now as well. I think he's 4th on the list of goal scorers on BC. Hes 4-5 years away easliy.. Frolov can be an elite player, but that's up to him. He's only 22-23, very young. Top six forwards of the future for us Boyle-karlsson-Tukonen-Brown-Cammy-Tamb-crosby-I wish
Top six forwards.... You forgot Frolov yet u listed him at the begginning yet not in the top 6. Pushkarev also has a chance he has a bright future if he steps up and as much as i want crosby i also kind of dont i'd rather get Brule or Johnson because to me getting Crosby isnt realistic and we'd screw over his career with injuries and then trade him for nothing......

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-16-2005, 11:54 PM
  #14
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Top six forwards.... You forgot Frolov yet u listed him at the begginning yet not in the top 6. Pushkarev also has a chance he has a bright future if he steps up and as much as i want crosby i also kind of dont i'd rather get Brule or Johnson because to me getting Crosby isnt realistic and we'd screw over his career with injuries and then trade him for nothing......
I'm just going on guys who have not made the team yet. Frolov is already solid...we know about him...yes he will be their. As for Pushkarev, I no really nothing about him at all.....sorry..

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-17-2005, 02:12 AM
  #15
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,745
vCash: 50
Im going to see Sean Avery this weekend. going to the Danbury/Motor city game. He is the only NHL player that they have who is traveling with the team this weekend.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
  #16
TwzKing
Registered User
 
TwzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,068
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
I'm just going on guys who have not made the team yet. Frolov is already solid...we know about him...yes he will be their. As for Pushkarev, I no really nothing about him at all.....sorry..
From what i read, if he works on his "D" he has a chance to be a top 6 forward. I just like to remind you all that the odds of all these players becoming good are rare, and the odds of keeping all of them are even lower.

But on a side not, what about Yanick?

TwzKing is offline  
Old
02-17-2005, 11:12 PM
  #17
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Yup we are the Kings have amazing talent to trade away anything good....

AnThGrt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.