HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Old
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Is the game out ?
No, sorry. I'm just setting out my plans.

01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

I can't wait for this game! So excited. I just moved and would love to spend hours upon hours playing.

01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
No, sorry. I'm just setting out my plans.
Ah,ok then, I was affraid I miss something

I have big plans with this game as well Will try to add couple of more Cups to Denver between 96 and 01 and try to extend Montreal dynasty into 80-s.

Just one question, I assume that in historic mode there will be players who are now late ?

Kharlamov on Habs roster

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Ah,ok then, I was affraid I miss something

I have big plans with this game as well Will try to add couple of more Cups to Denver between 96 and 01 and try to extend Montreal dynasty into 80-s.

Just one question, I assume that in historic mode there will be players who are now late ?

Kharlamov on Habs roster
Unfortunately, Kharlamov won't be in the historical database as he never appeared in an NHL game.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:17 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Unfortunately, Kharlamov won't be in the historical database as he never appeared in an NHL game.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Will be possible to retire numbers ?

Old
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Habsfan18

With all of the customization/editing options, I'm sure you'll be able to add Kharlamov in by yourself if you wish.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Is there an estimated release date by any chance? Or is it just the ambiguous "early 2013"?

01-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Is there an estimated release date by any chance? Or is it just the ambiguous "early 2013"?
Just the ambiguous "early 2013".

I was really hoping it'd be narrowed down by now.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

I'm really excited to see how mid-game expansion works in the way of scheduling. I wonder if I were to expand he NHL to 32 teams, if it would allow me to restructure the divisions and the game schedule also, or if it has all that worked out by itself automatically.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
I'm really excited to see how mid-game expansion works in the way of scheduling. I wonder if I were to expand he NHL to 32 teams, if it would allow me to restructure the divisions and the game schedule also, or if it has all that worked out by itself automatically.
(assuming this is the same as OOTP, which it should be)

Everything is customizable, so you can do with the divisions as you please (up to 20 teams each). OOTP has an option for schedule balance. Other options include the amount of games, interleague play, forcing the schedule to start on a specific day of the week, the ability to import schedules, etc. You can also manually change the schedule if you so please. One thing that will be updated before the switch is how cross-conference play is handled compared to interleague, since messing with the options there tends to screw up the schedule. I just tried to make a 32 team (8x4) schedule with interleague and it refused to make the schedule for me, but it relented when I added more games. Over a 162 game schedule it had between 7-9 games against divisional opponents, 7 against conference opponents, and 3 per against non-conference opponents...hardly ideal, but this schedule generator was built for a baseball series. Even with the thing set to 1 game series (instead of 3 or 4) all interleague match-ups were 3 home, 0 road or vice-versa. Baseball's schedule has been notoriously unbalanced for years.

OOTP also allows customizable playoffs. In my current league I have a playoff system like the NFL's with 12 out of 32 teams making it to the playoffs, with the division winners getting an automatic first round bye.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
(assuming this is the same as OOTP, which it should be)

Everything is customizable, so you can do with the divisions as you please (up to 20 teams each). OOTP has an option for schedule balance. Other options include the amount of games, interleague play, forcing the schedule to start on a specific day of the week, the ability to import schedules, etc. You can also manually change the schedule if you so please. One thing that will be updated before the switch is how cross-conference play is handled compared to interleague, since messing with the options there tends to screw up the schedule. I just tried to make a 32 team (8x4) schedule with interleague and it refused to make the schedule for me, but it relented when I added more games. Over a 162 game schedule it had between 7-9 games against divisional opponents, 7 against conference opponents, and 3 per against non-conference opponents...hardly ideal, but this schedule generator was built for a baseball series. Even with the thing set to 1 game series (instead of 3 or 4) all interleague match-ups were 3 home, 0 road or vice-versa. Baseball's schedule has been notoriously unbalanced for years.

OOTP also allows customizable playoffs. In my current league I have a playoff system like the NFL's with 12 out of 32 teams making it to the playoffs, with the division winners getting an automatic first round bye.
Very interesting. I am very excited about that level of customization, hopefully those scheduling issues you mentioned will be less of an issue in this one.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:37 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but number of seasons is unlimited, just like in EHM ?

Old
01-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but number of seasons is unlimited, just like in EHM ?
As far as I know, yeah.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Pavel Datsjuk

Will euro leagues be available to play realistically? Players getting drafted to NHL and going there? And so on...

And is there anything that isnīt editable?

Pavel Datsjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:54 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Datsjuk View Post
Will euro leagues be available to play realistically? Players getting drafted to NHL and going there? And so on...

I think no. Czech league, NLA won't be possible to play, not in this first edition of game.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:

Some of them, yeah.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:08 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

May have been answered but:

Is this online? Would be fun to compete with a friend online.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Scouter

vCash: 154
Glad it's customizable, cause the Jets so need to be out of the Southeast division.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Scouter

Quote:

2012-13 game start with these playable leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, WHL, OHL, KHL, DEL, Elitserien and EIHL

Old
01-21-2013, 02:40 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Any release date been released yet? Can't wait for this. Really want to play as the 2001 Avs

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Scouter

Quote:
I'm still trying to decide what my first game will be - either picking up from 1967 and handling the growth of the league the way I would have liked it (Rockies stay in Colorado, Nordiques stay in Quebec, North Stars stay in Minnesota, expansion to Portland instead of Florida, etc.) while playing as the Penguins or a tiered global system.

The more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea of a tiered system.
Can you explain this to me?

Old
01-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Scouter

Does anyone know how exactly the KHL will work in the game, like will they have deep pockets and be able to try and steal away NHL players with nice contracts?

Old
01-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
Can you explain this to me?
Like European soccer and most European hockey leagues. Relegation/Promotion knocking out the bottom couple teams and promoting the top couple teams from the league below it.

I've been thinking of having a truly global NHL, so I have a 3 tiered system planned to consist of 22 teams each where each team plays the other 21 teams 4 times a season for a completely balanced schedule since you can't do divisions and conferences for a system like this.

I'm still wavering. The fact that there aren't real minors for historical leagues has me contemplating...but I could still create a fictional NHL circa 1967 and move forward there - it's not much of an issue.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Scouter

Quote:
Like European soccer and most European hockey leagues. Relegation/Promotion knocking out the bottom couple teams and promoting the top couple teams from the league below it.

I've been thinking of having a truly global NHL, so I have a 3 tiered system planned to consist of 22 teams each where each team plays the other 21 teams 4 times a season for a completely balanced schedule since you can't do divisions and conferences for a system like this.

I'm still wavering. The fact that there aren't real minors for historical leagues has me contemplating...but I could still create a fictional NHL circa 1967 and move forward there - it's not much of an issue.
Yes, but do you mean that you will have like KHL teams vs. NHL etc.?