Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Frankfurt Lions in Super Six 2005

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2005, 05:50 AM
In the Doghouse

vCash: 500
Frankfurt Lions in Super Six 2005

What a great ambassador for a german hockey this team is. Yesterday's Super Six -game against Kärpät was something that makes me sick. It seemed that only object they had, was to get as many opposite players injured as possible. If that is german ice-hockey, I never like to see german team in this tournament again. This Markus Jocher was a real class act. First this guy went over Kärpät's goalie, then threw a real sucker punch to Jari Viuhkola who got knocked out. Then this really fine hockey player went after Mika Pyörälä and punched him. And that wasn't enough, 'cause then Jocher slapped Pyörälä's face with his stick. Not until that was enough for the referee who threw Jocher out of the game, he really should have done it earlier 'cause it was certain that this guy wasn't there to play hockey. And what did his teammates? They laughed and praised this guy!

What made me happy, was that Kärpät didn't get provoked, they continued to play their own game and beat these "lumberjacks" pretty easily.

I've never had a chance to watch german ice-hockey. But everytime I see german team playing in some international tournament, it seems to be like yesterday's game - swinging sticks, fighting, sucker punches etc. Is this really what german hockey is? I don't like to believe that but that's all I've seen from german teams.

Old
01-16-2005, 10:17 AM
danista

Send a message via MSN to danista
I haven't seen the game but i've read some comments.

Everybody said it was the worest refree they have ever seen because he didn't let go any bodyplay. Also the commentator was making jokes about this guy.

What I also read was that a finnish player attacked the Frankfurt goalie and then everybody from Frankfurt went after him and this ***** got scared and ran away

Jocher: He's a goon so it's clear what he had to do. I read the knockout punch was from the front so nothing wrong with that, no sucker punch or something. But I also read about this slash to the face and if that was intentionally then this really sucks.

And congratz for beating Frankfurt. Do you think they gave anything about this ridicoulus tournament?

You should look leauges games first before judging about german hockey, because nobody here cares about this IIHF tournaments.

One thing i had to mention about the IIHF: The IIHF didn't allowed the DEL to broadcast games on TV while this tournament because of the competition. But in Germany a local sender which only 800.000 people can see broadcasted the games of Frankfurt so where's the competition?

Old
01-16-2005, 10:52 AM
zecke26

i don't like the way finnish teams play at all. it's too soft. on the other hand frankfurt is a dirty team, always was, always will. so i'm not surprised that this happened.

but who cares about this tournament? it's a joke. and who cares about frankfurt anyway (besides dan galvin)?

Old
01-16-2005, 11:27 AM
In the Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by danista
I haven't seen the game but i've read some comments.
Everybody said it was the worest refree they have ever seen because he didn't let go any bodyplay. Also the commentator was making jokes about this guy.
I totally agree with that. The referee was a joke 'cause he didn't let go any bodyplay but let go this ****** stick-swinging play by Lions. He totally lost the control and Lions took advantage of that.

Quote:
What I also read was that a finnish player attacked the Frankfurt goalie and then everybody from Frankfurt went after him and this ***** got scared and ran away
Don't believe everything you read. I saw the game and it was no attack at all. Frankfurt goalie came out of his zone and they crashed with Pyörälä. It was accident but Frankfurt's players and especially Jocher got mad and went after Pyörälä. Pyörälä was going to the bench when Jocher went after him and punched him from behind. When Pyörälä just kept going, Jocher slapped his face with his stick.

Quote:
Jocher: He's a goon so it's clear what he had to do.
A real goon doesn't hurt opposite players intentionally. What I saw yesterday, Jocher is not a goon, he's a friggin joke!

Quote:
I read the knockout punch was from the front so nothing wrong with that, no sucker punch or something. But I also read about this slash to the face and if that was intentionally then this really sucks.
It's obvious that you haven't seen it. Yes, it was from the front but Viuhkola, and nobody else, was expecting that. The game was off and Viuhkola was just standing near the board when Jocher skated by and quickly took a very hard punch straight to his face and kept going by. That's why I consider it sucker punch.

Quote:
And congratz for beating Frankfurt. Do you think they gave anything about this ridicoulus tournament?
If they don't give anything about this ridiculous tournament, it would be better to stay out of it and let them play who can play REAL hockey. Actually I don't give much credit to these kind of tournaments but just happened to watch the game yesterday and I got really mad watching Frankfurt's game. It was really ugly playing and it doesn't belong to any kind of tournaments. I am a friend of tough but fair hockey. Yesterday's game was very far from that. It wasn't tough, it was just stupid and unacceptable behaviour.

Quote:
You should look leauges games first before judging about german hockey, because nobody here cares about this IIHF tournaments.
Yup! That's why I wrote here and asked you about german hockey. Like I said, I don't wanna believe that this is what german hockey is, but every time I see german team play, it is same kind of stick swinging and wrestling. I wasn't judging german hockey generally, even though it might seem like. I just wanted to know why these tournament games are always so ugly when german teams are involved.

Old
01-16-2005, 11:32 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26
i don't like the way finnish teams play at all. it's too soft. on the other hand frankfurt is a dirty team, always was, always will. so i'm not surprised that this happened.

but who cares about this tournament? it's a joke. and who cares about frankfurt anyway (besides dan galvin)?
I did I was hoping to see the Lions against Jagr and Omsk! Although I wasn't too hopeful of the outcome of that one!

Old
01-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Adlergirl

Frankfurt would have won this game easily if the referee had at least been somewhat fair. Everytime a finish player had body contact with a german player the decision was against the german (and in most cases no decision at all would have been right) I'm also kind of dissapointed by Ian Gordon. The games should have been televised on national TV in Germany because the IIHF needs the german market for this tournament. I would also include the swiss and austrian champions next time and kick some HV 71 ***** for not taking this tournament seriously. I think Frankfurt was a good ambassador for german hockey. With a little bit more luck they would have won both of their games.

Old
01-18-2005, 07:19 AM
In the Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlergirl
Frankfurt would have won this game easily if the referee had at least been somewhat fair.
I seriously doubt that. The referee was bad but I'd say Frankfurt earned almost every penalty they had. And it was terrible how he let Lions use their sticks in everything else but puck moving.

Quote:
Everytime a finish player had body contact with a german player the decision was against the german (and in most cases no decision at all would have been right)
It was because those hits weren't clean. Most of them were hands-up and often with high stick. I like tough, hard-hitting game but I like it fair, with clean hits.

Quote:
I think Frankfurt was a good ambassador for german hockey.
If so, I'm quite disappointed 'cause I don't wanna see a play like that.

Quote:
With a little bit more luck they would have won both of their games.
I'd say it's more about controlling your nerves, not luck.

Old
01-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Sanderson

Jocher is pretty dirty that's true. Some people wonder why he even plays in the DEL, because he doesn't seem to have any kind of hockey-talent. It seems like all he does is running other players.

Compared to North America there is hardly any contact in the DEL, but compared to the rest of Europe...
I say it this way: the DEL seems to be the most americanized league in Europe

Still, I'd be very surprised to see many dirty hits here. We need some refs who now the difference between a clean hit and a dirty one, because right now way to many clean hits result in a penalty, especially if the other guy can't get up instantly.

Just as an information, Frankfurt is second in penalty-minutes per game (24,47). Only Mannheim has more.

Old
01-18-2005, 09:17 AM
In the Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
We need some refs who now the difference between a clean hit and a dirty one, because right now way to many clean hits result in a penalty, especially if the other guy can't get up instantly.
That's the big problem in Finnish SM-liiga as well. You'll get penalized for clean hit if the opposite player is injured or at least pretends he's injured. It really kills physical game 'cause you can't hit anymore if you don't want to sit in the penaltybox. And then the only way to stop an opposite player is to use your stick. That is a big problem in Finland but I've never seen that kind of "jungle of sticks" like there was in Lions-Kärpät game.

Closed Thread