HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Ryan McDonagh vs Nikita Nikitin

View Poll Results: Who's got the brightest future poll: Ryan McDonagh vs Nikita Nikitin
Nikita Nikitin 26 12.81%
Ryan McDonagh 173 85.22%
even 4 1.97%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-05-2012, 10:55 AM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

vCash: 500
Not really a fair poll.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Komarov77

Nikitawho?

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Rangers1135

Alzner and Nikitin would be a closer poll.

Rangers1135 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
Alzner and Nikitin would be a closer poll.

I don't care about the poll. Nikitin had almost the same total of points in his 62 games played last season than Alzner in his entire career (215 games). Alzner will be a good shutdown defence-man at best and nothing more. Nikitin was an all-around defence-man last season already. Nikitin is way closer to McDonagh than Alzner to Nikitin.

Nikita is so underrated I told you guys

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
I don't care about the poll. Nikitin had almost the same total of points in his 62 games played last season than Alzner in his entire career (215 games). Alzner will be a good shutdown defence-man at best and nothing more. Nikitin was an all-around defence-man last season already. Nikitin is way closer to McDonagh than Alzner to Nikitin.

Nikita is so underrated I told you guys
Nikitin and Smid (Oilers) are two great D's that gets underrated. They're reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good.

But I'd pick McDonagh or Alzner before them if I had the chance. That doesn't take away anything from them. They're all real good d-men.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Nikitin and Smid (Oilers) are two great D's that gets underrated. They're reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good.

But I'd pick McDonagh or Alzner before them if I had the chance. That doesn't take away anything from them. They're all real good d-men.
I would pick McDonagh before Nikitin myself too, Ryan is something special I know that. Though, I thought that it could be interesting to point out that Nikitin is really a good player and deserved more love from the fans. If he can keep this level up, some cup contenders will go after him in my opinion... Soon to the Rangers maybe ?

Seriously a McDonagh/Nikitin pairing would be awesome to watch.

Old
08-05-2012, 03:05 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

McD
Just amazing in his own zone. Never gives up and has a great IQ in his own zone. Nikitin is underrated but I prefer McD

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:46 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
I would pick McDonagh before Nikitin myself too, Ryan is something special I know that. Though, I thought that it could be interesting to point out that Nikitin is really a good player and deserved more love from the fans. If he can keep this level up, some cup contenders will go after him in my opinion... Soon to the Rangers maybe ?

Seriously a McDonagh/Nikitin pairing would be awesome to watch.
Don't think the Rangers would go after him. McDonagh, Staal, Del Zotto on the LD. Girardi, Sauer, Strålman on the RD. McIlrath in a year or two.

Nikitin doesn't speak any english that's why he had so much difficulties in ST. Louis. In CBJ he got a few Russians (Anisimov, Tyutin) etc.

I think he would have problem adapting in Rangers and he would cost too much for their taste.

If McIlrath develops into a #4 d-man with a mean streak the Rangers are set.

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Sauer
Del Zotto - McIlrath

That looks pretty nice to me.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Without Tyutin, Nikitin averaged 23 minutes/game and finished with a respectable 0 +/- ratings. I don't have his ZS and Qualcomp numbers without Fedor but it would be quite a trick to protect him with what it seems to be top pairing minutes. Moreover, the few games I watched CBJ without Tyutin, Nikita still was getting most of their defensive zone starts.

Nikitin for the entire season PP/ES points proportions :
9 PP points (3G/6A/.281Point%)
22 ES points (4G/18A/.688Point%)
1 SH point (1A/.31Point%)

Nikitin had exactly the same PP/ES ratio without Tyutin:
3 PP points (2G/1A)
7 ES points (1G/6A).
Thanks, really as good an answer as i could expect. Next year is going to be a big year and say alot about him as a player.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:32 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I guess I don't watch nearly as much of Nikitin as McDonagh, but I'd still say McDonagh easily wins this one; especially after his playoff performance.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Ryan McDonagh

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
McDonagh had 32 points without any PP time. He mixed that with #1 overall play. I take him everytime. McDonagh has been great with Sauer and not Girardi. Nikitin struggled until he got paired with Tyutin.

McDonagh ''AINEC''.
Nikitin was scoring 1.3 points per 60 minutes of ES ice-time on the worst NHL team.
McDonagh was scoring 1.0 points per 60 minutes of ES ice-time on the Conference winner.
Feel the difference.

He came to St.Louis where he had nobody to talk to on the team for god's sake. I would like to see McDonagh playing in the KHL where everyone around speaks Russian. Nikitin didn't struggle in Columbus at all, he also was decent in St.Louis and was great when Tyutin got injured for the last 16 games playing with Aaron Johnson or Brett Lebda.
All what you said here proves absolutely nothing.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:56 AM
n00bxQb

I've never seen McDonagh make mistakes like this:

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:03 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Good for you. Nikitin has been playing the right side all the time and expected Moore to be on the left. Nikitin couldn't see what's going on behind him! After that play Moore was benched for the rest of the game. Even if someone screamed at Nikitin to meet Edler he wasn't able to understand. That's a rookie mistake, but not Nikitin's.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Are you sure about that ?

Your video as much as mine mean nothing. Some highlights will never say how much a player is really worth. just to make it clear.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are you sure about that ?

Your video as much as mine mean nothing. Some highlights will never say how much a player is really worth. just to make it clear.
Difference being that while they both fell (a normal mistake) Nikitin was completely out of position, which is unacceptable for a defenseman

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:35 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Difference being that while they both fell (a normal mistake) Nikitin was completely out of position, which is unacceptable for a defenseman
Nikitin wasn't out of position. Looks like someone can't or doesn't want to understand what I've just said. He was on the HIS right side. Moore is the one who supposed to take Edler - he's frikin left defenseman. Ask the CBJ head coach - he benched Moore after that play!

Old
08-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
I absolutely agree but the thing that is unacceptable is to use some kind of detail to make it generalities. Players are not super heroes, they all make (big) mistakes from time to time.

Last edited by Yashintangibles: 08-06-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Nikitin is definitely someone that people might not know well but still McD is just that much better. I dont know how the OP thought that this would be poll-worthy.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Nikitin is definitely someone that people might not know well but still McD is just that much better. I dont know how the OP thought that this would be poll-worthy.
Maybe because you just didn't read the whole thread yet ?

This poll has been made on purpose to point out (with a bunch of statistics) the difference of respect gotten from fans and media between:
A) an established stud in the spotlight
B) a young defence-man who had a wonderful season too but almost nobody said a word about his performance.

I only hope most people are smart enough to understand my point...

... Others can go **** themselves. (joke)

Old
08-06-2012, 01:08 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Nikitin was scoring 1.3 points per 60 minutes of ES ice-time on the worst NHL team.
McDonagh was scoring 1.0 points per 60 minutes of ES ice-time on the Conference winner.
Feel the difference.

He came to St.Louis where he had nobody to talk to on the team for god's sake. I would like to see McDonagh playing in the KHL where everyone around speaks Russian. Nikitin didn't struggle in Columbus at all, he also was decent in St.Louis and was great when Tyutin got injured for the last 16 games playing with Aaron Johnson or Brett Lebda.
All what you said here proves absolutely nothing.
McDonagh is a more defensive 2-way D developing his offence. While Nikitin is more of a offensive 2-way D.

Hmm I wonder why he scored more points .

Maybe we should compare Marc Staal (defensive D) with Jack Johnson? Johnson scores more points. Points > allround game.

Old
08-06-2012, 01:11 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
That's one of the worst defensive play I've ever seen. CBJ is down by 1 goal (just one...) and they all watch Edler skate right through them. Jesus ****ing Christ that's bad .

Old
08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Poll is not very fair to Nik. One, he plays in Columbus, so even if they were about equal, McDonagh would win because he plays on a better team. As it turns out, he's the better of the two also, so Nik's going to lose in a landslide. I'm a big fan of his though, and I think he's better than some are giving him credit.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:24 PM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Ryan Mcdonagh

08-06-2012, 01:54 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
McDonagh is a more defensive 2-way D developing his offence. While Nikitin is more of a offensive 2-way D.

Hmm I wonder why he scored more points .

Maybe we should compare Marc Staal (defensive D) with Jack Johnson? Johnson scores more points. Points > allround game.
You definitely have no idea what you're TRYING to talk about. Nikitin's defense is as good as his offence, he has the best hockey sense on the team and makes right plays at the right time on BOTH ends of the ice. He was facing the toughest competition all year long and was good at it. I'm pretty sure you haven't seen even 3 CBJ games last season and making you assumptions using the stats only. I saw both of them at least 30 times each and cant't see why it's AINEC. They very close and someone who likes better offensive skills from the blue line could easily take Nikitin over McD.