HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Ryan McDonagh vs Nikita Nikitin

View Poll Results: Who's got the brightest future poll: Ryan McDonagh vs Nikita Nikitin
Nikita Nikitin 26 12.75%
Ryan McDonagh 173 84.80%
even 5 2.45%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
You definitely have no idea what you're TRYING to talk about. Nikitin's defense is as good as his offence, he has the best hockey sense on the team and makes right plays at the right time on BOTH ends of the ice. He was facing the toughest competition all year long and was good at it. I'm pretty sure you haven't seen even 3 CBJ games last season and making you assumptions using the stats only. I saw both of them at least 30 times each and cant't see why it's AINEC. They very close and someone who likes better offensive skills from the blue line could easily take Nikitin over McD.
Anyone who takes Nikitin over McDonagh is out of their mind. Just stop being a homer and realize your guy is the inferior player.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:32 PM
bizzz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Anyone who takes Nikitin over McDonagh is out of their mind. Just stop being a homer and realize your guy is the inferior player.
We've got 15 people on these boards out of their minds then. And most of the CBJ fans voted for McD anyway. After just 1 good year Toronto fans were calling Schenn untouchable. This year he became a whipping boy and Gardiner took his place. Nikitin played on the same team with Jaromir Jagr since he was 18 and for me he's a more proven commodity.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Khris Creider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
No top pairing potential ?
So for a 26 years old defence-man with only 102 games played he has no time left to develop, adapt his game, I guess.

Just for information

He was the CBJ's top pair with Tyutin.
He put up 32 pts in only 62 played (hugely forgotten)
He faced the 21st toughest opposition around the league for a defence-man
He was a positive Corsi player, which is incredible playing with CBJ
He had a 44% offensive zone starts and an impressive 50% offensive zone finish.

I made firstly this poll to see how would react people when you compare a well known stud and another good but (completely) underrated kid.

McDonagh is probably above Nikitin, I don't really care who's better in fact, just see that I didn't even compare Nikita's stats to Ryan's even though it's way closer than you would ever admit....

So anyone saying "McDonagh AINEC" is wrong, and plain wrong. I'll say it again McDonagh's better mostly because he's able to deal with the toughest opposition around the league but Nikitin is typically the kid that doesn't get any credit just because he's playing for a poor team that nobody cares.

Trust me or not but numbers don't lie: Nikitin's stats last season were very close to an elite defence-man.
McDonagh AIENC

Khris Creider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally24 View Post
McDonagh AIENC
Whatever that means...

Yashintangibles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Khris Creider

Quote:
Whatever that means...
haha *AINEC* my bad, but nah im just messin around i understand what you mean with how nikitin played on a ****** team all year unfortunate but he's a great defender dont get me wrong but McDonagh is only going to get better to the point where he'll be our #1 defencemen

Old
08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Khris Creider

and to be honest i never really watch columbus games but from what ur showing us with his stats and everything he seems like a great defencmen prob your guys future # 1 too...but MCD has jus been killin it

Old
08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Whatever that means...
Looks like on these boards that means "And I'm Not Even Conscious".

Old
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally24 View Post
and to be honest i never really watch columbus games but from what ur showing us with his stats and everything he seems like a great defencmen prob your guys future # 1 too...but MCD has jus been killin it
I don't disagree at all. Though I see now that you took some time to read the whole story at least. So, thank you. I'm glad you are now aware that Nikitin has some real potential too. That's the only thing I wanted to do here.

By the way, I am not a Blue Jackets fan, not at all.

Old
08-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 780
Quote:
We've got 15 people on these boards out of their minds then. And most of the CBJ fans voted for McD anyway. After just 1 good year Toronto fans were calling Schenn untouchable. This year he became a whipping boy and Gardiner took his place. Nikitin played on the same team with Jaromir Jagr since he was 18 and for me he's a more proven commodity.
They also called Reimer and Gustafsson untouchable.

And please explain how he's more proven.

08-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Looks like on these boards that means "And I'm Not Even Conscious".
lol, Take it with a grain of salt. Doing this poll, I exactly knew what to expect, and generally people are reacting quite well.

Nikitin is worth it anyway

Old
08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
They also called Reimer and Gustafsson untouchable.

And please explain how he's more proven.
Nikitin has been a pro for 8 years now, I saw him a lot in the KHL and he caught my eye playing for Omsk. Smartest guy with limited skating ability, which was a problem also at the last World Championship. But even 3 years ago I thought he could be good in the NHL cause of the smaller rink size where skating isn't that important. Some players created for the European rinks and Nikitin is just built for the North American rinks. I was glad the Jackets traded for him and he hasn't disappointed me a bit.
First time I saw Nikitin playing on 01/22/2005 when he was 18. He made great outlet pass pass, Jagr scored and their team won the European Champions Cup in the final game OT. So yes, personally for me he's more proven.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:21 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
lol, Take it with a grain of salt. Doing this poll, I exactly knew what to expect, and generally people are reacting quite well.

Nikitin is worth it anyway
Reaction is surprisingly positive beside those AINEC.
Nikitin's pass to Nash for shorthanded goal was a pure beauty. He took a look at Nash and didn't see a passing line, so he used the boards to send Nash 1 on 1. He makes such smart plays regularly, that's why he gets his points:

Old
08-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
You definitely have no idea what you're TRYING to talk about. Nikitin's defense is as good as his offence, he has the best hockey sense on the team and makes right plays at the right time on BOTH ends of the ice. He was facing the toughest competition all year long and was good at it. I'm pretty sure you haven't seen even 3 CBJ games last season and making you assumptions using the stats only. I saw both of them at least 30 times each and cant't see why it's AINEC. They very close and someone who likes better offensive skills from the blue line could easily take Nikitin over McD.
and that's why the blue jackets finished last

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
No flame war please. I didn't see anybody yet reticent to give McDonagh a due credit. He's an elite material.

Just understand that other young defence-men could be talented too. Maybe not as much as Ryan but still stars in the making.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
No flame war please. I didn't see anybody yet reticent to give McDonagh a due credit. He's an elite material.

Just understand that other young defence-men could be talented too. Maybe not as much as Ryan but still stars in the making.
I know that Nikita is awesome, but I'm sure it would benefit the blue jackets more if they had McDonagh instead

Old
08-06-2012, 05:38 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Thanks! Now we know why the Jackets finished last. For a year we've been discussing why that happened, but only now you've enlightened us! You have to share this discovery with the other Jackets fans.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
I know that Nikita is awesome, but I'm sure it would benefit the blue jackets more if they had McDonagh instead

What about trading both of them straight up just to make it sure ?

Old
08-06-2012, 06:05 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Hahaha HOMER . No one, I mean NO ONE would take Nikitin over McDonagh.

Btw you know that McDonagh was like ranked 7th in ES points by a d-man, right? He got no PP time and when he did it was on the 2nd pairing with 10 goals Dubinsky and Boyle...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 06:09 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Okay... what does that have to do with anything? Do you automatically become a better player just because you got some great players on your team or what was your point?

That Nikitin played in the russian league as a 18 year old? Good for him, impressive? Yes, groundbreaking? No.

Schenn played in the NHL at 18. I guess you'd pick Luke Schenn over Nikitin then ?

Old
08-06-2012, 06:16 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Whatever that means...
AIENC = Alternative Intergalactic Empire, No Crosby.

p.s I'm drunk as hell so I'll blame it on that haha (if it didn't make sense, which it probably didn't).

Old
08-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
mmmmmm tasty homerlicous post.

Nobody in their right mind would take Nikitin over McD

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:32 AM
candyman82

I take McDonagh, but I don't think he is that much better than Nikitin.

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:45 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Hahaha HOMER . No one, I mean NO ONE would take Nikitin over McDonagh.

Btw you know that McDonagh was like ranked 7th in ES points by a d-man, right? He got no PP time and when he did it was on the 2nd pairing with 10 goals Dubinsky and Boyle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
mmmmmm tasty homerlicous post.

Nobody in their right mind would take Nikitin over McD
Obviously there some fans in NY who have no idea what common sense means... Only in this poll 19 (nineteen, dix-neuf, девятнадцать) people voted for Nikitin over McD. But they keep saying "nobody" and asking the questions that already were answered.
You guys can go carter yourself.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:31 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Obviously there some fans in NY who have no idea what common sense means... Only in this poll 19 (nineteen, dix-neuf, девятнадцать) people voted for Nikitin over McD. But they keep saying "nobody" and asking the questions that already were answered.
You guys can go carter yourself.
Well a few russians (not all of them I think) + some CBJ fans picked Nikitin, no homerism at all .

How many GM's would take Nikitin over McDonagh is the real question. What do you think?

I like Nikitin, I do. But come on... It's like compairing Letang to Shattenkirk. 2 great d's but everyone would pick Letang (McDonagh in this case) over Shattenkirk (Nikitin in this case).

P.s I'm not comparing McDonagh with Letang or Nikitin with Shattenkirk. Just compairing the difference in value between McD and Nikitin. The difference between them is close to the difference between Letang and Shatty.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Well a few russians (not all of them I think) + some CBJ fans picked Nikitin, no homerism at all .

How many GM's would take Nikitin over McDonagh is the real question. What do you think?

I like Nikitin, I do. But come on... It's like compairing Letang to Shattenkirk. 2 great d's but everyone would pick Letang (McDonagh in this case) over Shattenkirk (Nikitin in this case).

P.s I'm not comparing McDonagh with Letang or Nikitin with Shattenkirk. Just compairing the difference in value between McD and Nikitin. The difference between them is close to the difference between Letang and Shatty.
you forgot Habs fans