HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Crosby's trainer: "He's been symptom-free"

Old
08-07-2012, 10:27 AM
UnrealMachine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Well, by your impeccable logic, in 9 months, I shall be able to not only treat Sidney Crosby, but treat you. And my medicine is cruel.
I don't even know what you are talking about. Somehow a few posts ago the discussion turned towards whether or not Dr. Carrick could rightfully call himself a "Dr.". He has a PhD so he has every right to call himself such. Not sure why there is anything to discuss on that matter.

Congrats on being close to earning a PhD (or whatever degree promotes you to the title of Dr.). I doubt Crosby is interested in your services though, sorry.

UnrealMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Til the End of Time

there is a difference between a doctor and a physician.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
Obviously, but the onus is on the user to decipher whether the Dr. in question is an MD or not. Dr. Carrick never claimed to be a physician as some people are alluding to on here. Crosby knew he was not seeing a physician when he chose to employ his services. People are making it out as if Dr. Carrick tricked Crosby into seeking his services and forced him against his will to continue his treatment.

UnrealMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Well yeah. Doctor is an title. Physician is a profession. All physicians are doctors but not all doctors are physicians. I am a doctor technically. Juris doctor, or doctor of Jurisprudence. You would not want me cutting into you though.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Til the End of Time

lay people generally often think doctor=physician.

there are people with a doctorate in nursing practice that wants to be called doctors in hospitals. chiros often want to be called doctors. of course they have the technical ability to themselves doctors but when they do so in a clinical setting, i think some portion of such folks are purposely trying to be confused with physicians.

when teams round in hospitals and present in front of patients, there will be attendings, fellows, residents, interns, sub-is, med students (all people that went to or are attending med school), plus a million type of nurses (some who are doctors), nutritionists (with doctorates), physical therapists (with doctorates), social workers (with doctorates). like 15 people round on a patient.

it can be confusing extremely confusing.

Last edited by Til the End of Time: 08-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old
08-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I haven't read the whole argument so I'm not really directing this towards anybody. If I ask Carrick what he does for a living, he should not tell me he's a doctor. Doctor is his title, not his occupation.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I haven't read the whole argument so I'm not really directing this towards anybody. Basically there are people who get to put Dr. in their title and then there are people that when asked what they do they get to say I'm a doctor. Carrick is the former, not the latter.
the dude is a hack. who names their own crappy institute after themselves and then allows students to sign up for classes online without verification of degrees and just a credit card?

Old
08-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Saku11

Quote:
the dude is a hack. who names their own crappy institute after themselves and then allows students to sign up for classes online without verification of degrees and just a credit card?
Wait, is this true? lol

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Til the End of Time

http://www.carrickinstitute.org/