Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Moments of 2011-2012 Season

Old
08-05-2012, 03:18 PM
MadMen88

vCash: 500
The 3-2 win over the Maple Leafs on New Years Eve.

MadMen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Ladd had another fight in Tampa, I believe, towards the end of the season. I can't remember who his dancing partner was, though.
Hedman was being a dink so he threw down with him.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
C Plus

My favourite fight was definitely Spencer Machacek owning the hell out of Patrick Dwyer.

Then there was Mittens' coming out party. After a huge stretch not getting his first goal, he gets 2 in one period. The home crowd was pumped for him. The end result blew, but Antti finally scoring as a Jet was great.

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 08-05-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: fixed yt
C Plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Critical Mass

This is a great topic. I'm just as excited about the 2012-13 season as I was about last year.

One of my favourite moments was the crowd's reaction to Stamkos' 60th goal. The standing ovation was an incredibly classy act at the right time by an appreciative audience.

Last edited by Critical Mass: 08-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Critical Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:25 AM
IceCapsNation

Although this is for the Jets, I've watched my fair sha of their games via Center Ice. However my favorite part of TNSE last year was watching the IceCaps incredible season. Such an enormous amount of growth for the prospects. It was incredible to watch.

IceCapsNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:57 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsNation View Post
Although this is for the Jets, I've watched my fair sha of their games via Center Ice. However my favorite part of TNSE last year was watching the IceCaps incredible season. Such an enormous amount of growth for the prospects. It was incredible to watch.
I'm jealous of people who live outside of the Jets blackout. They can watch the Jets games on Center Ice or Gamecenter, but I can't because I live in smelly Brandon. Westman doesn't carry Jets TV, and I would have to change my entire cable package to MTS to watch the games in glorious HD. I should call MTS to see what their package deals are and if something can be worked out.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:02 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Mass View Post
This is a great topic. I'm just as excited about the 2012-13 season as I was about last year.

One of my favourite moments was the crowd's reaction to Stamkos' 60th goal. The standing ovation was an incredibly classy act at the right time by an appreciative audience.

Oh my, just noticed how horrible the defending was on that one.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun

Quote:
I'm jealous of people who live outside of the Jets blackout. They can watch the Jets games on Center Ice or Gamecenter, but I can't because I live in smelly Brandon. Westman doesn't carry Jets TV, and I would have to change my entire cable package to MTS to watch the games in glorious HD. I should call MTS to see what their package deals are and if something can be worked out.
I'm switching to MTS this fall... They have a promo on right now, you get all their packages (not sure about JetsTV) for 6 months at $30/month. Not too bad if you ask me. I called in and asked how long they were doing it and the guy there told me if you push and ask them to give you the deal they will give you this deal even after it expires. Apparently they are only advertising 3 months at that rate, but you can get 6.

My brother did something like that with Shaw last year, he told them give me JetsTV for free or I'm going with Bell, so they did it, those companies will do anything if you put some pressure on them for their business.

Back on topic... Favourite moment had to be home opener, it took weeks for my voice to recover.

Crosby's better game vs. the Caps at the end of the year during our playoff push was the best game to watch though by far.

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:53 PM
roccerfeller
whiteout bromantic

Awesome, awesome thread.

Agreed with pretty much every thing stated on here so no need to repost them...gets me excited for the season to start!!!

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:58 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

How much is gamecentre and centre ice... I can't find prices on their websites...
No MTS in Vancouver

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:05 PM
C Plus

Another point that must be brought up in the best parts of the 2011-2012 season...

As of May 31st, 2011:

No more watching/discussing Glendale city council meetings.

No more Winnipeg media personalities mocking the return of the NHL to the city. Now, they always believed the NHL would be back and are the biggest Jets fans ever!

No more speculation on every segment about Winnipeg on HNIC.

No more, well, slightly less less watching Dave Ellett's double OT goal against the Oilers, Teemu breaking the rookie goal scoring record and other decades old Jets clips. More discussing current personnel moves, game results and draft picks.

No more Coyotes pre-season games.

No more of being told the MTS Centre is too small to host an NHL team.

No more being told that WINNIPEG is too small to host an NHL team.

No more... cupcakes...

And best of all . . .

No more of the people that told us the Jets would never be back.

GO GO

C Plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:07 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
How much is gamecentre and centre ice... I can't find prices on their websites...
No MTS in Vancouver
I seem to recall $169 or so for Gamecenter Live for the entire season. It could be more, though. They don't have any pricing listed because it's the off season. Try closer to the start of the season - they should have them listed then.

Old
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Plus View Post
Another point that must be brought up in the best parts of the 2011-2012 season...

As of May 31st, 2011:

No more watching/discussing Glendale city council meetings.

No more Winnipeg media personalities mocking the return of the NHL to the city. Now, they always believed the NHL would be back and are the biggest Jets fans ever!

No more speculation on every segment about Winnipeg on HNIC.

No more, well, slightly less less watching Dave Ellett's double OT goal against the Oilers, Teemu breaking the rookie goal scoring record and other decades old Jets clips. More discussing current personnel moves, game results and draft picks.

No more Coyotes pre-season games.

No more of being told the MTS Centre is too small to host an NHL team.

No more being told that WINNIPEG is too small to host an NHL team.

No more... cupcakes...

And best of all . . .

No more of the people that told us the Jets would never be back.

GO GO
^This.

I'm a former 'Pegger living in the Twin Cities (or "The Cities," *NOT* Minny ), went to Jets v Wild in St. Paul. I don't think most Winnipeggers realize how much the Wild needs this rivalry, and that it would be a travesty if they weren't in the same conf/div after re-alignment. Absolute best game I've ever been to at the X, and every Wild fan I've talked to that went to that same has said the same thing. I'm gonna have to drive to St. Louis to see them this year since for some ridiculous reason the league decided they'd pass on playing in St. Paul.

Also, the Jets/Philly games were great. I was working during the 9-8 game but every time I refreshed the game score, the score had changed.

I'll cheer for the Wild every time...except when they play the Jets. GO JETS GO!!!

lostpuppysyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:44 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpuppysyndrome View Post
^This.

I'm a former 'Pegger living in the Twin Cities (or "The Cities," *NOT* Minny ), went to Jets v Wild in St. Paul. I don't think most Winnipeggers realize how much the Wild needs this rivalry, and that it would be a travesty if they weren't in the same conf/div after re-alignment. Absolute best game I've ever been to at the X, and every Wild fan I've talked to that went to that same has said the same thing. I'm gonna have to drive to St. Louis to see them this year since for some ridiculous reason the league decided they'd pass on playing in St. Paul.

Also, the Jets/Philly games were great. I was working during the 9-8 game but every time I refreshed the game score, the score had changed.

I'll cheer for the Wild every time...except when they play the Jets. GO JETS GO!!!
Oh man, I'd love to see the Jets and Wild in the same division. It will make for some epic matches. We might have a better chance against Detroit without Lidstrom, too. >_>;

Old
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Wheeler's goal against Buffalo was just awesome. That's probably my personal favourite.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
The preseadsn game vs columbus
Season opener vs Montreal

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

Quote:
Oh man, I'd love to see the Jets and Wild in the same division. It will make for some epic matches. We might have a better chance against Detroit without Lidstrom, too. >_>;
Wpg, MN, Chi, Det, StL... so awesome.

lostpuppysyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
I seem to recall $169 or so for Gamecenter Live for the entire season. It could be more, though. They don't have any pricing listed because it's the off season. Try closer to the start of the season - they should have them listed then.
And if you'd rather go month-to-month with Gamecentre, it's about 20 per month. You can't unsubscribe though, need to pay the whole season.

I think Gamecentre is better than Centre Ice, honestly. Gamecenter you can choose your feed, which is a major plus. When you're a diehard fan of one team listening to a homer announcer for another team it can get annoying. You just need a decent computer for it to be smooth video.

99% of the games are almost HD quality, lots of games on Centre Ice are STILL in SD to this day.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:55 PM
IceCapsNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
No MTS in Vancouver

For center ice (bell) i believe I pay $225 for the entire season for all nhl games. I've had it now for about 6 years. Most of the games are I high def now. All the big name teams are in high def. and all Canadian teams are in high def. But there are occasions where it is only broadcasted in standard definition. I find a nice few Washington home games are in SD. However. Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Montreal, Pittsburgh, nashville, etc etc are all in HD.

IceCapsNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

This thread really makes me miss hockey.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Dave512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
And if you'd rather go month-to-month with Gamecentre, it's about 20 per month. You can't unsubscribe though, need to pay the whole season.

I think Gamecentre is better than Centre Ice, honestly. Gamecenter you can choose your feed, which is a major plus. When you're a diehard fan of one team listening to a homer announcer for another team it can get annoying. You just need a decent computer for it to be smooth video.

99% of the games are almost HD quality, lots of games on Centre Ice are STILL in SD to this day.
Game Center is definitely better than Center Ice. I had Game Center last year (tough to watch the Jets in NY otherwise!) and was able to see the Jets broadcast in beautiful HD for almost every game. Plus you can rewatch the game whenever you want after it's over.

One drawback is the blackout rule, which is harsher than Center Ice. Here in NY, I'm officially considered in the home district for the Sabres, Islanders, Rangers and Devils. Thus, whenever the Jets played one of those teams, I couldn't watch on Game Center Live. A friend of mine had Center Ice, though, and he was able to watch all of those teams with Center Ice with no problems. So if you live in Winnipeg (or somewhere considered to be in the Jets local market), you should go with Center Ice. Otherwise, definitely Game Center. And if you have a PS3 or a Roku (or a laptop with an HDMI output), you can watch the game on your HDTV anyway.

Dave512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Bob E

For me, nothing will compare to the first pre-season game vs. Columbus.

Knowing the team was back, the excitement in the crowd. When the players came out on the ice, pure emotion. Then Buff's two hits in the first 20 secs - outstanding.

Teemu's return was fantastic too. Again, the emotion you could feel in the building, was unbelieveable.

I feel fortunate to have experienced both as a diehard Jets fan.

I guess what i really remember and enjoyed the most was the atmosphere within MTSC. I was lucky enough to go to about 1/2 the games this year and the crowd was simply fantastic. I wish everyone can have that experience - it truly is a grreat hockey atmosphere and it's little wonder why other teams enjoy coming in here and our players wanting to stay and play here. I truly hope that collectively, we - the fans - continue to raise the bar in terms of the atmosphere at MTSC.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:51 PM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
For me, nothing will compare to the first pre-season game vs. Columbus.

Knowing the team was back, the excitement in the crowd. When the players came out on the ice, pure emotion. Then Buff's two hits in the first 20 secs - outstanding.

Teemu's return was fantastic too. Again, the emotion you could feel in the building, was unbelieveable.

I feel fortunate to have experienced both as a diehard Jets fan.

I guess what i really remember and enjoyed the most was the atmosphere within MTSC. I was lucky enough to go to about 1/2 the games this year and the crowd was simply fantastic. I wish everyone can have that experience - it truly is a grreat hockey atmosphere and it's little wonder why other teams enjoy coming in here and our players wanting to stay and play here. I truly hope that collectively, we - the fans - continue to raise the bar in terms of the atmosphere at MTSC.
Good post Bob I really hope we can keep it going as well. The atmosphere is so electric in the MTS centre and it was probably the over arching highlights of the year for me.

I have to admit that first game against Columbus was hard to beat. It was such a pure outpouring of emotion by the crowd to have the puck drop for the first time to START a new era. It was a new building, new uniforms, new team members, new seats (for the season ticket holders), and new faces in the crowd. I know it was exibition but it was the end of 16 years in solitary confinement and the beginning of a new chapter. The NHL was officially back and it was our own intimate (no CBC hype) house party.

The standing ovasion to start the game and that shift by Buff just kind of set the bar for how the crowd would act all year.

I still get goose bumps thinking about the moment.

I will come back with a more comprehensive list tomorrow

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Oh my, just noticed how horrible the defending was on that one.
It's... just best not to think about why a 59-goal scorer was left to his own devices in our zone.

This is a great thread. What great moments, all of them. I'm equally proud to say I was there for a lot of them in-person.

My moment is still the Little go-ahead goal against Boston in December. It was just so electrifying. The Wheeler goal against Miller is a very, very close second to me, almost tied.

I can't wait to get the season going again. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I need new memories to relive over and over and over again darnit.

You know, a lot of people talk about the second season not being as wild as the first, for the crowd. I don't know. When I talk to everyone, I think it will be the same... it's not "new" this year, but now we're longing for it that much more, you know? It's really our team now, and I'm dying to welcome them back.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Good post Bob I really hope we can keep it going as well. The atmosphere is so electric in the MTS centre and it was probably the over arching highlights of the year for me.

I have to admit that first game against Columbus was hard to beat. It was such a pure outpouring of emotion by the crowd to have the puck drop for the first time to START a new era. It was a new building, new uniforms, new team members, new seats (for the season ticket holders), and new faces in the crowd. I know it was exibition but it was the end of 16 years in solitary confinement and the beginning of a new chapter. The NHL was officially back and it was our own intimate (no CBC hype) house party.

The standing ovasion to start the game and that shift by Buff just kind of set the bar for how the crowd would act all year.

I still get goose bumps thinking about the moment.

I will come back with a more comprehensive list tomorrow
Great post PS. The emotion is what really gets me. It's great to feel that passionate about something again. Can't wait for playoff hockey.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote