HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La / chi

Old
08-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Hossa for Bernier, 1st++
Kopitar for McNeill, 1st ++

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:29 AM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Kopitar for McNeill, 1st ++
He could care less since he is not Kings Fan.

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Sasso09

I do it for sure... Surprised a kings fan made this proposal

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hawks would like that for Bernier. Upgrade in Net, upgrade in the bottom 6 and all they give up for that would be an additional 2nd.

Bernier isn't proven and giving up your best prospect for him is not something a GM will do. Bernier is a bit overhyped by Kings fans (which is understandable). I saw some of the games with him in net and some highlights and he doesn't look like he will become what some said he will (Top5/10 Goalie).

I would take a gamble on him and let him battle it out with Crawford who had similar numbers in the NHL.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:46 PM
RomersWorld*

I remember a couple years ago Kings' fans on this website were arguing that Bernier was the goalie of the future and not Quick. It was hilarious how wrong they were. I just can't trust their opinion on goaltending after that...Bernier has proven nothing and is worth Beach and a 2nd. That is about it. Won't go any higher. He is small and he hasn't done anything but make HF's top prospects list for like 5 years. NHL is moving toward bigger goalies and Bernier doesn't fit in unless he is in the right situation. He really just isn't worth a whole lot, especially not what Kings' fans are asking.

I mean come on... the guy is overrated because of where he was drafted. 1 year in his career he has had over a .915 SV%. Awesome! He couldn't even get over a .910 SV% in juniors!

QMJHL stats(Lewiston MAINEiacs)
04-05: .909 SV%
05-06: .908 SV% (draft year)
06-07: .905 SV%
07-08: .908 SV%

He has been completely underwhelming statistically besides one year in the AHL when he played out of his mind. He is a solid backup right now, but who knows if he becomes a starter. He certainly isn't worth a 1st rounder which is why he hasn't been traded. Price will come down eventually.

Last edited by RomersWorld*: 08-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.
RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:22 PM
needle
'10. '13. '15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I remember a couple years ago Kings' fans on this website were arguing that Bernier was the goalie of the future and not Quick. It was hilarious how wrong they were. I just can't trust their opinion on goaltending after that...Bernier has proven nothing and is worth Beach and a 2nd. That is about it. Won't go any higher. He is small and he hasn't done anything but make HF's top prospects list for like 5 years. NHL is moving toward bigger goalies and Bernier doesn't fit in unless he is in the right situation. He really just isn't worth a whole lot, especially not what Kings' fans are asking.

I mean come on... the guy is overrated because of where he was drafted. 1 year in his career he has had over a .915 SV%. Awesome! He couldn't even get over a .910 SV% in juniors!

He has been completely underwhelming statistically besides one year in the AHL when he played out of his mind. He is a solid backup right now, but who knows if he becomes a starter. He certainly isn't worth a 1st rounder which is why he hasn't been traded. Price will come down eventually.
Not Beach and a second. More like a 4th.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

You're too absolute about it. There are many that still argue that Bernier could be better than Quick to this day. For those that watch him all the time, his potential is obvious. His stats are fine given his age, role, and work load. There is not a big market for goaltenders right now, no matter who you are. He would have had a full-time job with us earlier, but the Kings believe in a slow process to ease prospects into the roster. It isn't a surprise to have to wait till you are 24 to make the Kings, regardless of your abilities. Goaltending and defense are the two categories they absolutely hate to rush with. They will give bottom 6 forward prospects stints in the NHL early on though, but that is mostly due to our lack of veteran depth at those positions.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 08:43 PM
no name

I think Richardson has no value so I think Beach and a second is the kind of package I'd be looking to get for Bernier. Maybe a bit more but it's close. Beach would be a good player under the Kings regime.

With that said, I have no interest in shoring up the Kings competition. Chicago is one of the 3 to 4 teams in the west that match up well against the Kings in terms of youth and star power for the next few years.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Al Secord Forever

I have the fear that Beach will turn into a hockey player but would do this very very quickly (as many have noted). Bernier and Crawford makes me happy. Emery makes me sad.

Al Secord Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You're too absolute about it. There are many that still argue that Bernier could be better than Quick to this day. For those that watch him all the time, his potential is obvious. His stats are fine given his age, role, and work load. There is not a big market for goaltenders right now, no matter who you are. He would have had a full-time job with us earlier, but the Kings believe in a slow process to ease prospects into the roster. It isn't a surprise to have to wait till you are 24 to make the Kings, regardless of your abilities. Goaltending and defense are the two categories they absolutely hate to rush with. They will give bottom 6 forward prospects stints in the NHL early on though, but that is mostly due to our lack of veteran depth at those positions.
I think RomersWorld is true with the overrating stuff. I know that it's easy and understandable to overrate a guy like him, but in the end he hasn't shown anything that would be worth that much. More like Lindback but when Lindback was traded, there was a bigger market.

TOR & CHI may want an upgrade in goal, Isles a backup. I don't see why the would want Bernier for that high price as long as Luongo is available. A proven #1 goalie that will help from Day 1 and IS a #1 already.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:

What a complete failure is this.

Yeah laughable that fans didnt see that a 3rd round pick (Quick), who accidentily got a chance (because everyone sucked), would become one of the best goaltenders in the NHL. Really Laughable. Bernier completely underwhelming statistically ? Lets (read: RomersWorld) just ignore that every game in the Q back then ended with at least 6 goals and that Bernier was always on top of the list of the best goalies of that year. Do you know the Q, seriously ? Those # were ****ing outstanding. Have you checked his playoff numbers too ?

Now if you say that you are not a fan of Jonathan, that you think he's too small and whatever. That's possible.

But this is just ridiculous and ironic. If something is laughable than its your post. "He couldn't even get over a .910 SV% in juniors!".....

Last edited by Shawn Wilken: 08-06-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: MOD EDIT: Personal jab removed.
Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I think Richardson has no value so I think Beach and a second is the kind of package I'd be looking to get for Bernier. Maybe a bit more but it's close. Beach would be a good player under the Kings regime.

With that said, I have no interest in shoring up the Kings competition. Chicago is one of the 3 to 4 teams in the west that match up well against the Kings in terms of youth and star power for the next few years.
In another thread multiple Sabres fans agreed to pay a 3rd and 5th this year for Richardson

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote