Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

Is Aaron Rodgers Really This Good?

Old
08-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Is Aaron Rodgers Really This Good?

First off, I am a die hard Packers fan. I think Aaron Rodgers is clearly elite, can throw on the run better than anyone I've ever watched, has composure, a winning pedigree, and has at least a few more Lombardi Trophies and MVP awards in his future. I am blown away with some of his stats. The stats look good, but he has only started for four years. However, I am very interested in your thoughts on something. Below, I posted a bunch of statistics I would like you all to glance over. I am very interested to see where you guys think Aaron Rodgers ranks among current quarterbacks and all-time at this juncture and what you think his future holds. Does he make the Hall of Fame? How many Super Bowls? Top-five quarterback of all-time? Best in the business at the moment? I don't care what you say, but I want to know what the perspective is about the guy with some advanced stats to look at right in front of your eyes. He has the respect of his peers as the best in the game right now, but I want some input if the guy is underrated/overrated and so forth. Can he keep it up?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 10:24 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

I put him above Brees, and most consider Brees to be a 1st ballot guy.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:06 PM
puckguy11
This Space for Rent

I may be a tad biased as a Vikings fan, but much like Favre in his Packer days, I love to watch Rodgers play and legitimately feel the Packers stole him at where they got him considering a) He was so highly regarded and b) He went pretty low (Okay, 24th overall isn't "low" but Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams and Pac Man Jones went 3-6 in the 05 Draft). The weirdness of the 05 Draft aside, as far as QB's in my time (Mid 90's on) I'd say he's already top 5, and is definitely chasing Brady for #1.

puckguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

He's had a couple of good years. The challange will be keeping this up for over a decade if he wants to match the all time greats. That means avoiding injuries and dealing with changes in supporting cast.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

He's a great quarterback and very talented, but he also plays in an era that is heavily skewed towards passing offense.

Ozamataz Buckshank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
He is best QB in game ,, And should continue on as best for coming years if he can avoid injuries

Already has a few concussions and takes too many risks not sliding when running with ball ,, Packer coaches need to get it into his head to slide and not take hits with ball

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 03:17 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Tony Romo is uncomfortably high in too many of these categories for my liking.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

I hate playing the Packers because of him. I feel like he never throws an incomplete pass. So frustrating.

HeliDevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
You obviously didn't read the chart in the Bears thread.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Clowe Me

Ladies and gentlemen, Chad Pennington is the most accurate qb in NFL history......

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:32 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

The guy has had 3 solid years in a row but you can't compare era's. Now all you have to do is breathe on an offensive player and you are flagged. It's a pass happy offensive minded league. You can hardly touch the QB anymore either.

Not knocking him for it, just saying.

At this point he's not even better than Favre IMO(and yeah i'm a Packers guy, both have won SB's for us) but in order to be you have to sustain. This is really an "Incomplete" conversation matter.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:41 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
The guy has had 3 solid years in a row but you can't compare era's. Now all you have to do is breathe on an offensive player and you are flagged. It's a pass happy offensive minded league. You can hardly touch the QB anymore either.

Not knocking him for it, just saying.

At this point he's not even better than Favre IMO(and yeah i'm a Packers guy, both have won SB's for us) but in order to be you have to sustain. This is really an "Incomplete" conversation matter.
Not better than Favre?

I've been watching the packers for the last 20 years. Yah, he's already better than Favre. You might be letting your favre homer show a bit.

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:35 AM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Not better than Favre?

I've been watching the packers for the last 20 years. Yah, he's already better than Favre. You might be letting your favre homer show a bit.
Favre's a hall-of-famer. You think if Rodgers retired now, he would be as well? Not likely.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Favre's a hall-of-famer. You think if Rodgers retired now, he would be as well? Not likely.

Rodgers is on pace to be a sure fire hall of famer if he continues on the pace he is on. The only thing that might derail the kid is injuries.

The fact that fvre only won one super bowl with the teams he had is a joke. Does the guy have aome fantastic stats? Sure. He's still overrated though. Nice interception numbers there Favre.

I bleed green and yellow btw. Im just not one of the favre homers.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:43 PM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Rodgers is on pace to be a sure fire hall of famer if he continues on the pace he is on. The only thing that might derail the kid is injuries.

The fact that fvre only won one super bowl with the teams he had is a joke. Does the guy have aome fantastic stats? Sure. He's still overrated though. Nice interception numbers there Favre.

I bleed green and yellow btw. Im just not one of the favre homers.
Favre won 3 MVPS in a row. That's pretty special.

The fact that Rodgers has put up the numbers he has is partly a product of the era he is playing in. Favre only played a part of his career in the QB-friendly era. Favre was clearly the best quarterback during those MVP seasons as well. Rodgers not so much. See Brady and Brees (record-setting performance).

Rodgers last playoff performance against the Giants, with a fumble and an INT, leaves something to be desired with regards to recent playoff performances.

blueandgoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 06:07 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Rodgers has been good no question. But hes not even the best. Brees is, then probably Brady. The only reason he won MVP was because of the teams record, but Brees was better.

and he sucked in the playoffs

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:25 AM
KapG

Quote:
Rodgers has been good no question. But hes not even the best. Brees is, then probably Brady. The only reason he won MVP was because of the teams record, but Brees was better.

Brees being better than Rodgers last year is debatable. Brees took total yards, yards per game and completion % (this last one was actually relatively close). He also threw 152 more passes than Rodgers, something that CLEARLY padded his numbers in that category. Oh, he also played the last game of the season while Rodgers was sitting out or Rodgers would have been able to stat pad a bit to make the MVP season even more of a runaway.

Brees only threw one more TD. 46 to Rodgers 45 yet he had 14 interceptions to Rodgers 6. Rodgers also set a record for QBRating of 122.5 which topped Mannings 2004 record setting season of 121.1.

Rodgers also ran for 257 yards to brees 86 last year.

Now you wanna rag on his playoff performance? Ok...

He had a semi poor game against the Giants to end last season but lets not act like that loss was completely his fault, because it wasn't. Still, at least they lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champs. Why even bring up playoffs with Rodgers? Are you forgetting the fact that he already has a Super Bowl MVP, which he won in his third full NFL season? You know, after leading his team to a Super Bowl Championship as the lowest rank seed in the playoffs...you know, that final wildcard position?

****These Heely's adds can **** right off.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:

Favre after the Super Bowl loss to Broncos was more often then not a complete wreck in playoffs

Very rarely did Favre not throw away the game

He individually threw away the Viking hopes of a Super Bowl... He literally put the dagger in the Vikes fans hearts and began the downward spiral of that franchise

Brett Favre was a great QB but he is not one of the best ever

A few more MVP quality years and Rodgers will be on par

Rodgers doesn't kill the Packers... Favre for all his positives never learned from his mistakes and kept repeating them (Literally until the twilight of his career)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Favre age 26-28 (his MVP years)

60.8 completion %, 112 TDs, 42 INTs, 12,179 yards, 96.1 QB Rating

Rodgers the same age (28 season will be this year so it's only two years of stats)

67.0 completion %, 73 TDs, 17 INTs, 8,565 yards, 112.1 QB Rating

If you want to add the year before to give 3 years of stats for Rodgers they go like this.

66.2 completion %, 103 TDs, 24 INTs, 12,999 yards, 109.0 QB Rating

Rodgers is better than Favre.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Favre after the Super Bowl loss to Broncos was more often then not a complete wreck in playoffs
Yep, for the Packers after the Broncos loss in the Super Bowl XXXII he threw 16 TDs and 18 INTs in 9 playoff games and the Packers were 3-6 in those games.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post

Rodgers the same age (28 season will be this year so it's only two years of stats)

If you want to add the year before to give 3 years of stats for Rodgers they go like this.

Not trying to make you do work, but wouldn't we need to know league averages of the same things over the 2 spans being compared? They are different eras and head-to-head means a lot less this far out.

invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:46 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, Chad Pennington is the most accurate qb in NFL history......

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

He's a future hall of famer for sure.

The only one that's obscene is passer rating which I value somewhere between pennies and hairballs.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:52 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Favre better than Rodgers? Lmao. Maybe he's better at throwing interceptions but that's about it. Favre is the anti clutch

kilgro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:39 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post

They played in two different eras so it's not fair to just compare those numbers without context.

ComrieFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote