HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hockey cards

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Does anyone have an account on sports card forum ? I registered 2-3 days ago and they still haven't approved it.

I'm hoping this card is worth a fair amount, or at least, not worthless.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Does anyone have an account on sports card forum ? I registered 2-3 days ago and they still haven't approved it.

I'm hoping this card is worth a fair amount, or at least, not worthless.
The /10 is worth slightly more than the /25. Also it's dual sig but probably not dual GU patch. I believe all of the Obsidian cards are manufactured patches, which is why there is such a wide and uninterrupted area of cloth for the signature. I don't think the /25 card in reality is worth 200. It's probably worth $50 so yours is maybe $70. But check completed auctions of the /25 card.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:39 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Just got my Ebs YG BGS 9.5 in.
However.

The card on the auction had a 10 surface instead of the 9.5 on the card I got. Should I raise a stink? It was only 60 bucks.
I would raise a stink for sure. You got bait and switched if the card you got is not the one advertised. That .5 difference in one category can make a difference to some serious collectors, even if it doesn't change the overall grade of 9.5.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Got the ITG 1972 box I ordered. Each box comes with 3 autos and one memorabilia card. Here are my pulls:

Attachment 65241

Didn't get the greatest players with the auto cards, but the style they are done in is really cool. Just an old school guy with a pen marker.

The Kharlamov jersey card alone makes the box worth it. Since he died in 1981, you know it's not some cheezy photo op jersey either. Although I feel bad about the fact they destroyed a jersey to make this card.
Just bout 3 more boxes of this product....I'm officially addicted to collecting again.

At $65 a box (after tax and shipping), it's not so bad though. I'm getting that much just on the inserts, with the potential for more.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:25 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Just bout 3 more boxes of this product....I'm officially addicted to collecting again.

At $65 a box (after tax and shipping), it's not so bad though. I'm getting that much just on the inserts, with the potential for more.
That's a pretty cool set from the looks of it. Agreed on the Varlamov jersey insert, that could definitely be worth something. Are you planning on grading it?

Old
06-27-2013, 06:39 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That's a pretty cool set from the looks of it. Agreed on the Varlamov jersey insert, that could definitely be worth something. Are you planning on grading it?
Is it worht getting jersey cards graded? Wasn't planning on it.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Is it worht getting jersey cards graded? Wasn't planning on it.
If the card is rare and special enough, it could be worth it. It's really up to you. Varlamov is a legend and his untimely death just adds to the mystique. I'd so some research on it and see if it's worth anything. If it is, you should be able to tell if it'll get a good grade or not. If it grades high, you're golden.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
The /10 is worth slightly more than the /25. Also it's dual sig but probably not dual GU patch. I believe all of the Obsidian cards are manufactured patches, which is why there is such a wide and uninterrupted area of cloth for the signature. I don't think the /25 card in reality is worth 200. It's probably worth $50 so yours is maybe $70. But check completed auctions of the /25 card.
It's slowed at 27 dollars with around 2-3 days left at this point.

I won a Roy SPXcitement (or whatever) /99 for 6 bucks. BV of 30. It adds to my already over 400 Roy cards.

Quote:
Just got my Ebs YG BGS 9.5 in.
However.

The card on the auction had a 10 surface instead of the 9.5 on the card I got. Should I raise a stink? It was only 60 bucks.
Sweet buy.

Was the other guy 10 with a surface and 9.5 for everything else ? For some graded cards being a 9.5 with a 10 can net you a few more bucks. Depending on the card.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:39 PM
blankall

Quote:
If the card is rare and special enough, it could be worth it. It's really up to you. Varlamov is a legend and his untimely death just adds to the mystique. I'd so some research on it and see if it's worth anything. If it is, you should be able to tell if it'll get a good grade or not. If it grades high, you're golden.

The card is on thick stock and looks great. The coloring is very white, so difficult to tell condition, but looks excellent. It's only a single colour, so that decreased value, but I agree, a lot of mystique. One of the greatest players of all time, and very Russian.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:31 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
So, I'm watching a 2008-2009 Dual Marks of Obsidian card on eBay of Carey Price and Tuukka Rask. It's a dual sig, dual patch /25. It has 5 days left and already at 25 dollars, so it should sell pretty high.

However, I have a that card, except it's /10 (Mine is actually 10/10), but in the price guide I can't find anything for it. Maybe it was a card from an expo ?

If you have the price guide with Patrick Kane on the front, then it's on page 127.

Any assistance on the card's value would be much appreciated. I very well could just be blind.

The original card /25 is worth 200 dollars. Somehow Price and Harding is worth more...
If I'm not mistaken, won't most Expo cards have a little logo from that event on them as well? Like someone else said, Sports Card Forum is probably your best bet for a rare card like that.

I am a member there and so is Damphousse. When I signed up I had approval within 24 hours.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
I would raise a stink for sure. You got bait and switched if the card you got is not the one advertised. That .5 difference in one category can make a difference to some serious collectors, even if it doesn't change the overall grade of 9.5.
I don't think I would ever sell them really.
Plus, his ebay sale didn't say "you will be getting the item pictured".
So I just said meh to it haha

Quote:

Sweet buy.

Was the other guy 10 with a surface and 9.5 for everything else ? For some graded cards being a 9.5 with a 10 can net you a few more bucks. Depending on the card.
No. It was 9.5, 9.5, 9.0, 9.5.
But I am pretty lazy and just wanted them to keep to myself, not to waste time sending it back and waiting again to receive it.
So I'll live with it!

Old
06-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Falcons93

Does anyone know what a Nazem Kadri Young Guns card normally goes for? I'm looking to buy one.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

No. It was 9.5, 9.5, 9.0, 9.5.
But I am pretty lazy and just wanted them to keep to myself, not to waste time sending it back and waiting again to receive it.
So I'll live with it!
If there's not a 10, I wouldn't really worry, but that's me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Does anyone know what a Nazem Kadri Young Guns card normally goes for? I'm looking to buy one.
Graded, or ungraded ?

An ungraded one should sell for about 30-35ish. A graded one (9.5), will probably cost you around 50-60, if not more.

EDIT: Actually, a non graded Kadri card might only be 25 bucks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NAZEM-KADRI-Y...2761852&_uhb=1

50 bucks for a graded Kadri rookie. Cheapest on eBay by about 20+ dollars. If you can, ask for 1 with a 10 in the grade.

Last edited by Analyzer: 06-28-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old
06-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

if you're buying on eBay and in an auction, a kadri young gun could probably be had for ~$15 or less, with shipping included.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
If there's not a 10, I wouldn't really worry, but that's me

Graded, or ungraded ?

An ungraded one should sell for about 30-35ish. A graded one (9.5), will probably cost you around 50-60, if not more.

EDIT: Actually, a non graded Kadri card might only be 25 bucks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NAZEM-KADRI-Y...2761852&_uhb=1

50 bucks for a graded Kadri rookie. Cheapest on eBay by about 20+ dollars. If you can, ask for 1 with a 10 in the grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
if you're buying on eBay and in an auction, a kadri young gun could probably be had for ~$15 or less, with shipping included.
Thanks for the information and the quick feedback! Is there a significant difference between a 9 and a 9.5? I know someone who is willing to sell a 9 for $30 - should I make this purchase? I'm pretty set on buying a graded card. I guess it really comes down to a $20 difference between a 9 and a 9.5?

I'm thinking if Kadri has another good year next season, the value of this card is going to sky rocket - it helps that he plays in a big market like Toronto.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Thanks for the information and the quick feedback! Is there a significant difference between a 9 and a 9.5? I know someone who is willing to sell a 9 for $30 - should I make this purchase? I'm pretty set on buying a graded card. I guess it really comes down to a $20 difference between a 9 and a 9.5?

I'm thinking if Kadri has another good year next season, the value of this card is going to sky rocket - it helps that he plays in a big market like Toronto.
It's true man. Even if the Oilers young guns fail, their cards are still all worth 70+ bucks.
But I didn't want to wait for them to get good. So I say picking up the 9.5 Kadri is probably a good deal! Will definitely go up in value, good kid.

I am hoping Schultz and Yakupov don't demand ridiculous prices when the new set comes out this year.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Even if Kadri has an alright season his card will maintain price due to popularity.

IMO a 9.5 is always better, especially if you find one with a 10 in it. The closer to perfection the better. At 50 bucks I'm considering buying one to add to the RNH, Stamkos, Couturier, and what other graded rookies I have.

Quote:
It's true man. Even if the Oilers young guns fail, their cards are still all worth 70+ bucks.
But I didn't want to wait for them to get good. So I say picking up the 9.5 Kadri is probably a good deal! Will definitely go up in value, good kid.

I am hoping Schultz and Yakupov don't demand ridiculous prices when the new set comes out this year.
Yakupov will. Schultz likely won't. His rookie will be easier to attain.

I'm still looking for a graded YG Subban rookie for a good price.

I've found a French Subban YG /25 BV of 150. 6 days left, though. Could get pretty expensive.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:

There's too many young guns produced for the value to ever "sky rocket", even Crosby's young gun is gradually getting cheaper. The best prices will come in the off-season though with card values really bottoming out in August, prior to the time they begin to ramp up for training camp/preseason/regular season start.

Card graded a 9 usually have a very small added premium than an ungraded one but fairly low (25% or less). 9.5's are when the cost really leaps up, roughly 3-5x an ungraded one. And since there are very few 10's, those can go very high if the right buyer can be found.

Old
06-29-2013, 06:36 PM
CP31

Hey guys I'm not really a huge collector (in terms of big $$$) but I do like to buy the UD series 1&2 and stets like that, and I'll buy the odd card on EBay. My bud is into cards too, and I gave him a young guns Tyler Ennis for a signed Pat Lafontaine base card, a Brent Burns canvas and a Sergei Samsonov UD jersey. Id say it's a decent trade what about you?

Old
06-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Hey guys I'm not really a huge collector (in terms of big $$$) but I do like to buy the UD series 1&2 and stets like that, and I'll buy the odd card on EBay. My bud is into cards too, and I gave him a young guns Tyler Ennis for a signed Pat Lafontaine base card, a Brent Burns canvas and a Sergei Samsonov UD jersey. Id say it's a decent trade what about you?
Pretty much especially if you're just a collector. Though the LaFontaine card could just be a forgery.

Old
06-30-2013, 03:44 AM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

vCash: 177

Can't add pictures for some reason. Too bad I've got some really nice cards I wanted to share.

Last edited by BOLD MacT Trade: 06-30-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old
06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 View Post

Can't add pictures for some reason. Too bad I've got some really nice cards I wanted to share.
What website are you using ?

Old
07-04-2013, 11:30 AM
blankall

The 3 boxes of ITG 1972 came in. I got some great cards from these boxes.

Box #1:

Pretty great 1st box. Marcel Dionne and Valeri Vasiliev Auto. A Henri Richard jersey card. Was very happy.

Box #2:

Also pretty great. Would have liked a bit more variety though. Got more Vasiliev, Glennie, and Myre autos. The Garry Unger jersey card is pretty cool. It's definitely an off white colour and looks well used. The Ken Hodge auto is pretty great.

Box #3

This one contained a case hit, the Phil Esposito jersey. Not the greatest looking card though. Kind of bland IMO.

Apparently, the autos with the Canada/USSR symbols are short run. Some sources are saying 1/10. I have a hard time believing that, as I pulled two Vasiliev autos, and see more list on the internet.

Overall, still love the product. Will have to restrain myself from buying more.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:58 AM
jbell886

vCash: 135
are they still making upper deck ice sets? i got my biggest haul from that set a few years ago when i pulled a tavares rookie out of 99. sold it for 600 bucks

Old
07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
There's too many young guns produced for the value to ever "sky rocket", even Crosby's young gun is gradually getting cheaper. The best prices will come in the off-season though with card values really bottoming out in August, prior to the time they begin to ramp up for training camp/preseason/regular season start.

Card graded a 9 usually have a very small added premium than an ungraded one but fairly low (25% or less). 9.5's are when the cost really leaps up, roughly 3-5x an ungraded one. And since there are very few 10's, those can go very high if the right buyer can be found.
Quote:
Even if Kadri has an alright season his card will maintain price due to popularity.

IMO a 9.5 is always better, especially if you find one with a 10 in it. The closer to perfection the better. At 50 bucks I'm considering buying one to add to the RNH, Stamkos, Couturier, and what other graded rookies I have.
Thanks again guys! All good details to know!

Does anyone have any idea how much a Jonathan Drouin auto should be worth? I was bidding on a 2012-13 ITG Ultimate auto numbered to 24, but lost it in the last couple of seconds. It went for $80. It basically looked like this without the patch (and the autograph was nicer and more centred):

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111081512333?...84.m1555.l2649

Closed Thread