HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Edmonton

Old
08-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
The difference between Oduya and Sutton is no where near the difference between Khabibulin and Emery. Personally I'd prefer Sutton to Oduya because he brings a physical presence that Oduya doesn't.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post

As for the goalies. Khabby and Emery... both stink, neither is reliable. Sure khabby makes more money, but he's got one year left, and Edmonton is not going to be a cap team this season, so the point is moot.

This deal just doesn't make sense for either team.
Pretty sure the Oilers owner wouldn't mind saving a little money on backup G position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagrbombs View Post
I wouldn't call Khabibulin an upgrade over Emery at all. Emery was decent last year, but I'd bank on him having a better year this year. At least better than what Khabibulin will have. And while I will agree that Sutton brings toughness, he is a pylon defensively and there are probably better options available if toughness is what you're looking for.
Emery is god awful ,, Can barely even move let along play net

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:46 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Sutton can't skate and can't pass and hasn't played a full season in 3 years. Not sure what good he does in a puck possession systme and the Hawks already signed Brookbank to help out the bottom pair. Khabibulin's liver should be large enough to stop a few more pucks than Emery, if either are even healthy.
Bad trade for Chicago, they already tried the pylon experiments and they went poorly. Might be a worse trade since it's likely the two players might not even be available more than half the year.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

People are underrating Sutton, he's good possitionally, good on the PK, has decent hands, and hits like a train. Just because he isn't that fast anymore doesn't change that he's a perfect #6 for us

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
People are underrating Sutton, he's good possitionally, good on the PK, has decent hands, and hits like a train. Just because he isn't that fast anymore doesn't change that he's a perfect #6 for us
Oduya is better though and like BlackhawkswinCup I hate Oduya as well. The price that we paid for Oduya at the deadline as well as in his new contract probably mean that Hawks management will likely not move him. I wish we had never gotten Oduya but he is our #4 defenseman and trading him for Sutton is bad value considering our efforts to acquire him.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Pretty sure the Oilers owner wouldn't mind saving a little money on backup G position

Emery is god awful ,, Can barely even move let along play net
and paying a lot more for a bottom pairing Dman. If you make a case for Oduya being better then Whitney then Whitney gets bumped down to 3rd pairing while making 5M. In both cases EDM overpays for a bottom pairing Dman.

EDM has a Oduya in N.Schultz.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I don't think I'd want Emery around the young players. And yeah, I realize the other guy went to jail...

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I don't think I'd want Emery around the young players. And yeah, I realize the other guy went to jail...
Yeah, Emery's been a really bad influence in Chicago..

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:37 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
and paying a lot more for a bottom pairing Dman. If you make a case for Oduya being better then Whitney then Whitney gets bumped down to 3rd pairing while making 5M. In both cases EDM overpays for a bottom pairing Dman.

EDM has a Oduya in N.Schultz.
How did come to this, they're 2 different types of D. N.Schultz is a solid 2nd pairing D on any team, he's not flashy but he gets the job done, and he can be physical. With Oduya it would questionable if he would make the top 6. He would have to beat out Whitney, and if Whitney comes back to form, Oduya will be in the PB. If Chicago had the chance to trade Oduya for N.Schultz they would be all over it. To compare Oduya to N.Schultz is nuts.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
How did come to this, they're 2 different types of D. N.Schultz is a solid 2nd pairing D on any team, he's not flashy but he gets the job done, and he can be physical. With Oduya it would questionable if he would make the top 6. He would have to beat out Whitney, and if Whitney comes back to form, Oduya will be in the PB. If Chicago had the chance to trade Oduya for N.Schultz they would be all over it. To compare Oduya to N.Schultz is nuts.
Both are smaller 4/5 LHS Dmen who prefer to block shots instead of hitting.
There is not much difference between the 2 IMO.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Uh no.. Chicago would not be all over an Oduya for N. Schultz trade.. and again, no, N.Schultz isn't a top-4 Dman on any team. For instance:

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
Schultz - Montador/Brookbank

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Uh no.. Chicago would not be all over an Oduya for N. Schultz trade.. and again, no, N.Schultz isn't a top-4 Dman on any team. For instance:

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
Your kidding with Hjalmarsson.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

why?? Hjalmarsson had that spot when we won the Cup and yes, Hjammer is better than Schultz

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Hawkaholic

I prefer Emery over Khabby, and Oduya over Sutton..all day, every day.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
ikeane

Quote:

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson

Rather see Leddy in the 3rd pairing. He hasn't been able to be as successful in the top 4 role

ikeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Sutton can't skate and can't pass and hasn't played a full season in 3 years. Not sure what good he does in a puck possession systme and the Hawks already signed Brookbank to help out the bottom pair. Khabibulin's liver should be large enough to stop a few more pucks than Emery, if either are even healthy.
Bad trade for Chicago, they already tried the pylon experiments and they went poorly. Might be a worse trade since it's likely the two players might not even be available more than half the year.
I don't know why you are slamming Sutton, he had a very good year last season (for a 3rd pairing guy). He played less because the Oilers wanted to give minutes to some developing players, and they knew what they had in Sutton.

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Eskimo44

To the op, i would do it. But Oduya's contract gives cause for concern. The goalie thing is irrelevant for Edmonton IMO, so it's Sutton for Oduya. I don't think Chicago gives any thought to this though, considering the deal they gave Oduya.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
This made me laugh.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
why?? Hjalmarsson had that spot when we won the Cup and yes, Hjammer is better than Schultz
haha, no he isn't. Show some proof. I can but it seems i always show all the proof in evry argument on here. I'm interested in why you think what you do.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:39 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
Don't want Khabby back, could use Sutton to give the illusion of size/toughness...Emery wasn't bad last year, but would love to get rid of Oduya.
So basically a rehash of Scott's role with the team. Pass.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Yeah, Emery's been a really bad influence in Chicago..
Cmon buddy get real, that will always be considered an issue with him. The guy was apparently sucha a bad apple he was essentialy run out of the league for a year.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
So basically a rehash of Scott's role with the team. Pass.
Andy Sutton is so much better than John Scott it's stupid. Scott is an enforcer, Sutton is an actual player. Sutton was a top 4 defenseman for far too long, even if he no longer is, to be compared to Scott.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:44 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
haha, no he isn't. Show some proof. I can but it seems i always show all the proof in evry argument on here. I'm interested in why you think what you do.
Proof: Hjalmmerson has played in the NHL Schultz hasn't yet.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:45 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Proof: Hjalmmerson has played in the NHL Schultz hasn't yet.
Hes talking about Nick Schultz not Justin.

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Cmon buddy get real, that will always be considered an issue with him. The guy was apparently sucha a bad apple he was essentialy run out of the league for a year.
Agreed. Great post. Add being the worst on the ice. Emery and 2014 3rd for Bulin? Then waive Emery/buyout since we pay Nik more?

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote