HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Hockey options during a lockout!

Old
08-21-2012, 08:54 AM
rantfather

vCash: 500
Hockey options during a lockout!

As AUS fans already know there is plenty of competitive and entertain hockey being played in the CIS and game tickets NOT costing an arm or a leg.

The NHL owners are about to LOCK OUT the players as owners are wanting a BIGGER piece of the pie.

Most AUS/CHL hockey offers a very good brand of hockey on any given night being given played by young students athletes who are taking advantage of one of the perks given by CHL teams to.further their educations.

Most of these players played on the same ice as many of the millionaires playing in the NHL and offer on most nights a very good brand of hockey and value for their hockey dollar......this is the time of year to take advantage of the season ticket offers which MOST teams offer and a very good hockey deal.

Although I.live in Ontario I get to a number of AUS hockey games and view others on the various websites based feeds which can be accessed at the CIS website or various member teams websites.

I got hooked on AUS hockey in the 60's and currently hold a season ticket for the St.Thomas Tommies who.are currently under the new leadership of Coach Ryan.

His new leadership was surely noticed by fans last year and continued tbis year with already some impressive recruits for 2012/13.

I believe that his competence has the Tommies on accelerated return to prominence in the AUS.

Give the AUS a view,the level of skill and competition will impress you!

RANTFATHER

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Rantfather: Agreed, but there are also a lot of other great options on both sides of the border too for all hockey fans to enjoy, whether it's the NCAA, CHL, Junior "A" in Canada, USHL or whatever.

I hope that ALL hockey fans in NA that go to NHL games will come out and support these other leagues should an NHL lockout occur. It may not be the NHL but these leagues, including the CIS, feature some really fun and exciting hockey to watch.

And in case you were wondering, I've watched and have been to several CIS hockey games. In fact, I still follow it as much as I can. Posters like Hollywood keep me up to speed around these parts on what's happening around the league that I very much appreciate.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:12 PM
rantfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Rantfather: Agreed, but there are also a lot of other great options on both sides of the border too for all hockey fans to enjoy, whether it's the NCAA, CHL, Junior "A" in Canada, USHL or whatever.

I hope that ALL hockey fans in NA that go to NHL games will come out and support these other leagues should an NHL lockout occur. It may not be the NHL but these leagues, including the CIS, feature some really fun and exciting hockey to watch.

And in case you were wondering, I've watched and have been to several CIS hockey games. In fact, I still follow it as much as I can. Posters like Hollywood keep me up to speed around these parts on what's happening around the league that I very much appreciate.
Yes,NCAA hockey is certainly worth following .
Last year's end for the first time in a long while I went to the CCHA playoffs attention Joe Louis and was VERY impressed with the exception of the officiating who could neither keep up with the play or out of the way of the play .
This is a problem ie officiating in many of these leagues butbeven the Olympics suffered from the same.

My message is for everybody to give these minor leagues a look,it's a product worth following.

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote