HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

red wings needs defense and forwards

Old
08-05-2012, 10:31 PM
topshelf15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
That ,s other tha jarnkrok who i only know because he played with a pretty decent prospect we have, that list is pretty unimpressive.Not one is a blue chipper and most will need years of development time to even make the nhl

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Ill make this really easy for you what would the wings offer up to get shea webber

Old
08-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Jimbo7200

I think another thread settled pretty favorably at a Miller for Volchenkov base deal. I'd do that deal immediately if I was Holland, even if I need to part with a 3rd or 4th.

We can't act like replacing Lidstrom is our goal. That has to be a group effort between the guys we already have, especially Kronwall and Smith. I think a more pressing issue is filling the hole Stuart left, as we only have one solid defensive defenseman in Ericsson. Volchenkov, while not an ideal fit--being that he's a lefty--he would be a top shutdown/PK'er. Plus, Volchenkov and Kronwall on the ice together would be a nightmare for opponents in transition.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:37 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
I think another thread settled pretty favorably at a Miller for Volchenkov base deal. I'd do that deal immediately if I was Holland, even if I need to part with a 3rd or 4th.

We can't act like replacing Lidstrom is our goal. That has to be a group effort between the guys we already have, especially Kronwall and Smith. I think a more pressing issue is filling the hole Stuart left, as we only have one solid defensive defenseman in Ericsson. Volchenkov, while not an ideal fit--being that he's a lefty--he would be a top shutdown/PK'er. Plus, Volchenkov and Kronwall on the ice together would be a nightmare for opponents in transition.
No but as you,re fellow red wings fan seems to think ,the prospect list he has presented doesnt make it fact that wings dont need to rebuild

Old
08-05-2012, 11:23 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
This is what I've been saying for awhile now. We don't need an elite top 2 defenseman. What we need is a 3 - 5 stay at home type to replace Stuart. We don't need an offensive dynamo. We need someone besides Kronwall to make an oppenent think twice about entering the zone.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Teams with four or more prospects on the list:

Six: Minnesota Wild

Five: Ottawa Senators

Four: Washington Capitals, Florida Panthers, St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings.

Oops...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Again it doesnt mean a hill of beans man ,iam not trying to crap all over you,re parade but you are grasping a little here.For every one big time junior player that makes it as a star in the nhl there are thousands that dont ,some with out of this world numbers .
Any prospect can bust, fair statement.

Any prospect, for any team, at any time.

So by your incredibly foolish logic, every team that doesn't currently have a good young core should be rebuilding, because none of those prospects are sure-fire. And even when they draft new prospects, those guys could bust too, so they should continue to rebuild.

I think we just found 22-23 rebuilding teams.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Again what proof do you have that jarnkrok will be the next great swede or any of those lower drafted players will be anything at all,if stats mean everything i guess silvferberg will be the next forsberg then
What proof do you have that they won't? Wings fans have a right to feel good about the prospect pool. Good luck convincing a lot of us otherwise. 20 years of trust in the management, owner and team will do that. I guess for the rest of the hockey world I understand why you hope that isn't the case, but you're selling it to the wrong group if you think you're going to get a lot of Wings fans to call our system garbage. They don't need all of them to pan out they need two or three out of the 10 top 6 potential players in the system, that is far from unreasonable.

Also curious when Emerson Etem became a bust? You can not like prospects, it is clear you don't value them, but some of these statements are pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Any prospect can bust, fair statement.

Any prospect, for any team, at any time.

So by your incredibly foolish logic, every team that doesn't currently have a good young core should be rebuilding, because none of those prospects are sure-fire. And even when they draft new prospects, those guys could bust too, so they should continue to rebuild.

I think we just found 22-23 rebuilding teams.
You have 29 rebuilding teams and one stanley cup champion

Old
08-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
So you expect to find Lidstrom and Zetterberg out of those? Well then the Sens will find Sakic, Forsberg, Roy and Hejduk. Silfverberg should be much higher as well.

Totally unrealistic to suggest Jarnkrok is Zetterberg at this point.
When did I ever say there was a Lidstrom in there? Oh wait, I didn't, that was the guy who said Detroit's system wasn't great.

Fact is this, Detroit has very talented prospects in Smith, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Tatar, Pulkkinen, Mrazek, Sproul, Ouellet, etc.

Will some of them bust? Certainly. Will some live up to their potential? You bet. Could one or two exceed their potential? Sure.

Fact is even if only half of those names become good NHL players, Detroit's in pretty damn good shape.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
You have 29 rebuilding teams and one stanley cup champion
Chicago and Pittsburgh - Rebuilders!

Old
08-05-2012, 11:37 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
What proof do you have that they won't. Wings fans have a right to feel good about the prospect pool. Good luck convincing a lot of us otherwise. 20 years of trust in the management, owner and team will do that. I guess for the rest of the hockey world I understand why you hope that isn't the case, but you're selling it to the wrong group if you think you're going to get a lot of Wings fans to call our system garbage. They don't need all of them to pan out they need two or three out of the 10 top 6 potential players in the system, that is far from unreasonable.

Also curious when Emerson Etem became a bust? You can not like prospects, it is clear you don't value them, but some of these statements are pretty ridiculous in my opinion.
Look man read all the posts previous to this because to come in and act like iam trying to say that he shouldnt be a fan of his team or its prospects are way off base

Old
08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Chicago and Pittsburgh - Rebuilders!
Did the win the cup ??Do they not have question marks about their team and its ability to win ??All teams are in a constant mode of retooling/rebuilding some need more than others .

Old
08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
When did I ever say there was a Lidstrom in there? Oh wait, I didn't, that was the guy who said Detroit's system wasn't great.

Fact is this, Detroit has very talented prospects in Smith, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Tatar, Pulkkinen, Mrazek, Sproul, Ouellet, etc.

Will some of them bust? Certainly. Will some live up to their potential? You bet. Could one or two exceed their potential? Sure.

Fact is even if only half of those names become good NHL players, Detroit's in pretty damn good shape.
Yes it's a good system. But chances of a Zetterberg are very slim. From that system, I'd bet on 0 starting NHL goalies, 1 top 4 D, 1 other serviceable NHL D, 3 NHL forwards (1-2 top 6 forwards, 1-2 top9 forwards).

No elite players, no 70+ points two-way studs.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Zibanejad, Lehner, and Silfverberg aren't sure-fire things because any prospect could bust, Ottawa should trade Karlsson for draft picks and start the rebuild!

Sorry, just trying to embrace the logic that has been graced upon us.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:43 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Yes it's a good system. But chances of a Zetterberg are very slim. From that system, I'd bet on 0 starting NHL goalies, 1 top 4 D, 1 other serviceable NHL D, 3 NHL forwards (1-2 top 6 forwards, 1-2 top9 forwards).

All i said is that detroit needs a rebuild ,which is true and i get this bombardment of stats and me being a detroit hater

Old
08-05-2012, 11:45 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Zibanejad, Lehner, and Silfverberg aren't sure-fire things because any prospect could bust, Ottawa should trade Karlsson for draft picks and start the rebuild!

Sorry, just trying to embrace the logic that has been graced upon us.
No this isnt what i said at all if you would just open you mind and think it will come to you .

Old
08-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:

Umm, Smith and Jarnkrok both have a pretty decent chance to be elite. Jurco remains to be seen. Those would be the "Elite" favorites in my opinion, though I suppose Nyquist could continue to dominate his way into the NHL.

Pulkkinen certainly has the scoring potential to be elite, but he's got a lot of work to do in other areas of his game.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Jimbo7200

Quote:
You mean people still haven't figured out that Holland brought in Quincey to replace Stuart?
That might be the case, but it isn't good enough.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
No this isnt what i said at all if you would just open you mind and think it will come to you .
Pretty sure when I provided stats and lists you started up your bull **** about how nothing is a guarantee, so yeah, pretty sure I got it.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:48 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Umm, Smith and Jarnkrok both have a pretty decent chance to be elite. Jurco remains to be seen. Those would be the "Elite" favorites in my opinion, though I suppose Nyquist could continue to dominate his way into the NHL.

Pulkkinen certainly has the scoring potential to be elite, but he's got a lot of work to do in other areas of his game.
Stop with the wishful thinking ,you,re management wouldnt have offered 100 million to suter and parise if they where as sure as you seem to be

Old
08-05-2012, 11:50 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Pretty sure when I provided stats and lists you started up your bull **** about how nothing is a guarantee, so yeah, pretty sure I got it.
The only one spreading bull around here is you ,i have done nothing but pointed out some pretty even keeled opinion and you have responded with nothing but more bull

Old
08-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Stop with the wishful thinking ,you,re management wouldnt have offered 100 million to suter and parise if they where as sure as you seem to be
First off we didn't offer either one of them $100M.

Secondly, last I checked they both signed in Minnesota, who offered more, despite having one of the best prospect pools in the league.

They must have wanted Parise over the all-too-real fear that Granlund was gonna be nothing more than a fringe 4th liner his entire career.

Old
08-05-2012, 11:53 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
First off we didn't offer either one of them $100M.

Secondly, last I checked they both signed in Minnesota, who offered more, despite having one of the best prospect pools in the league.

They must have wanted Parise over the all-too-real fear that Granlund was gonna be nothing more than a fringe 4th liner his entire career.
He might be ,but i know better now detroit doesnt need a rebuild their deep prospect pool and great young players will propell them past teams like stl and la

Old
08-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
He might be ,but i know better now detroit doesnt need a rebuild their deep prospect pool and great young players will propell them past teams like stl and la
Heh, it just might.