HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Visnovsky crashes car head-on during race

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Knish Of The Crease

vCash: 500

0Lubomir Visnovsky Crashes During Auto Race In Slovakia
Aug 18th, 2012 at 10:44 am by Sean McCaulleyDucks
Lubomir Visnovsky Crashes During Auto Race in Slovakia

The offseason continues to be interesting for Lubomir Visnovsky. After being traded to the New York Islanders on the first day of the NHL Entry Draft, Lubo filed a grievance against the trade to try and remain with the Anaheim Ducks. Even though it was probably more like he really didn’t want to play in Long Island.
Earlier today, Lubo was participating in a race at the*Automotodrom Slovakia Ring motor circuit and wound up crashing his Ferrari head on into a barrier. The entire front end of the car was destroyed. Apparently, Lubo was coming out of a turn and lost control of his car at high speed and hit a barrier head on.
Lubo was able to walk away from the incident without any serious injuries. I’m not a big fan of any kind of motor sports but we’ve all seen footage and pictures of some pretty horrific accidents at racetracks. We all should know how dangerous they can be. Motor sports crashes have resulted in hundreds of deaths of drivers and even spectators. So, Lubo should consider himself lucky and maybe stick to hockey for the lockout that continues to look inevitable.
Thanks for reading! Any questions?*Contact us! Or follow us on twitter*@DucksDailyBlog!
Follow me on twitter*@ddb_sean! Follow our Lead Editor on twitter*@JerMeansWell! Follow my fellow Staff Writers on twitter*@MakaylaCorinne*and*@bauerhockeydude!

http://ducksdailyblog.com/2012/08/18...e-in-slovakia/

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 08-18-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added link, per site rules
Old
08-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Satan'sIsland81

Two things: 1) kind of surprised we have not heard anything about this from any other source and 2) the other thing I take away from this is how the isles apparently gave him permission to take part in the race. Would that not be kind of weird, if he was not planning on playing here and recognized the Isles as the owners of his rights?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...ri-during-race

Old
08-18-2012, 03:11 PM
JKP

I wonder if the off-season insurance covers all that.

Interesting that he sought the Isles permission given his grievance. What if he gotten seriously hurt and was later reverted back to ANA? What a mess that could have been...

Old
08-18-2012, 04:17 PM
IslesNorway

The lengthsplayers go to to avoid playing for the Isles....

Seriously though I really thought NHL players had it written into their contracts they're not allowed to participate in other "high-risk" sports.

Old
08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post

Seriously though I really thought NHL players had it written into their contracts they're not allowed to participate in other "high-risk" sports.
Usually they do, like skiing, snowboarding, water skiing etc, but I'm sure Vis figured "f that, if the nhl won't abide by my contract, neither will I"

Old
08-18-2012, 04:25 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Unreal. You know all will be forgiven when he suits up for the Isles and plays well.

Old
08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Isles Junkie

Jokes about suicide aren't funny. Leave that garbage out of here.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
I'm pretty sure he had to ask the Isles for permission because he is their property, he's filing a grievance to reverse that but he is still Islanders property until the process plays out...

Also to Satan's Island I did see it reported from multiple other outlets from puck daddy to the Islanders news feed just to clear it up.

I have no problems with this, athletes do this kind of crap all the time some more extreme than others but they're allowed to live their lives and enjoy the buttloads of money they have as they please.. As long as it's ok with their team.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post

First - I'm sure many have thought the same thing... it's a shame really.

Second - don't be silly, there are plenty of married players.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
http://breakfastcookie.tumblr.com/po...-a-comedy-club

A joke is a joke is a joke...

Old
08-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
George Carlin, RIP (or maybe not from his POV), says hi.

Old
08-18-2012, 10:26 PM
JeffNYI

For several years I developed technology for a Formula 1 team that competed against Ferrari.

Ferrari (like others) uses what they learn in F1 in its road cars, particularly when it comes to safety.. Without writing an essay: their cars basically are designed with near perfection to absorb nearly all of the energy in crash situations .. meaning not much of it reaches the driver, which is how they're able to walk away unscathed..

I've seen crashes at very high speeds (ie 180mph) that would kill people instantly where drivers literally are ready to race at the next event - and that was 10 years ago. No offense to us on this side of the pond but IRL and NASCAR are a complete joke compared to F1 when it comes to safety..

So don't compare the footage we've seen at events in America with being in a Ferrari.. I can't stress enough how good the technology must be to pass the FIA crash test.. and Ferrari, as I said, takes that info and uses it in all its cars..

Of course all vehicles can be dangerous but if you're going to be in a crash, being in a Ferrari is the safest vehicle on the planet.

Old
08-18-2012, 11:43 PM
bigtim1988
veteran user.

this was no accident. he was so upset about being traded to the isles, and he knows his ntc situation wont rule in favor of him. He has been so depressed about the situation, he tryed ending it by crashing his car.

Old
08-19-2012, 03:18 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNYI View Post
their cars basically are designed with near perfection to absorb nearly all of the energy in crash situations ..
thats a crock of **** pal. every race car--no matter what division, league, or class,you want to call it--is designed to desinigrate on any type of serious impact. the more parts flying, or falling off the car equals less energy going into the cockpit, green house, tub, or what ever you want to call where the driver sits.

there is no race car team on the planet that designs their race cars to absorb the energy from a crash. that would kill the driver ( who probably has a yearly salary of about ten times the cost of the car hes driving ) in a ****ing heartbeat.

Old
08-19-2012, 03:28 AM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNYI View Post
For several years I developed technology for a Formula 1 team that competed against Ferrari.

Ferrari (like others) uses what they learn in F1 in its road cars, particularly when it comes to safety.. Without writing an essay: their cars basically are designed with near perfection to absorb nearly all of the energy in crash situations .. meaning not much of it reaches the driver, which is how they're able to walk away unscathed..

I've seen crashes at very high speeds (ie 180mph) that would kill people instantly where drivers literally are ready to race at the next event - and that was 10 years ago. No offense to us on this side of the pond but IRL and NASCAR are a complete joke compared to F1 when it comes to safety..

So don't compare the footage we've seen at events in America with being in a Ferrari.. I can't stress enough how good the technology must be to pass the FIA crash test.. and Ferrari, as I said, takes that info and uses it in all its cars..

Of course all vehicles can be dangerous but if you're going to be in a crash, being in a Ferrari is the safest vehicle on the planet.
Your old job sounds really fun.

Old
08-19-2012, 08:52 AM
JeffNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
thats a crock of **** pal. every race car--no matter what division, league, or class,you want to call it--is designed to desinigrate on any type of serious impact. the more parts flying, or falling off the car equals less energy going into the cockpit, green house, tub, or what ever you want to call where the driver sits.

there is no race car team on the planet that designs their race cars to absorb the energy from a crash. that would kill the driver ( who probably has a yearly salary of about ten times the cost of the car hes driving ) in a ****ing heartbeat.
4:18am EST?

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

In all seriousness, you answered yourself for me.. the car "disintegrating" (your word) is part of the process that makes sure the car itself absorbs the energy and keeps it away from the driver..

You're not a NASCAR fan by any chance are you?

Old
08-19-2012, 12:54 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim1988 View Post
this was no accident. he was so upset about being traded to the isles, and he knows his ntc situation wont rule in favor of him. He has been so depressed about the situation, he tryed ending it by crashing his car.
You are going to need to post proof because with all the suicides from last offseaaon making jokes or speculating is out of line.

Old
08-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Isles Junkie

This thread has turned to pure nonsense.

Good news is no one was seriously injured. We'll leave it at that.

Closed Thread