HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Ferland Charged With Assault

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2012, 04:20 PM
  #1
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
Ferland Charged With Assault

Pat Steinberg Twitter:

Quote:
#Flames prospect forward Michael Ferland charged with 1 count of aggravated assault and 1 count of assault stemming from initial incident.
Quote:
#Flames issue a statement. To paraphrase: learning more about situation, Michael maintains innocence, team will support him through process.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
  #2
kirant
Kiprusoffarian
 
kirant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 272
vCash: 571
Ala Francis (Take what you will from it):
Quote:
Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis Police say Ferland struck male in the face as the victim attended to a person pushed to the ground. Victim suffered broken orbital bone.

Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis Ferland left the scene and was later arrested. Source says he was w family members at the time and they had been asked to leave the bar

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:35 PM
  #3
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,153
vCash: 133
Interesting. Never heard anything bad about the kid before, I will hold my tongue and presume innocent until proven guilty.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:36 PM
  #4
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,956
vCash: 50
He's been known to have a temper.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:42 PM
  #5
J Murda
Registered User
 
J Murda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 409
vCash: 544
Can't wait until he's breaking faces for the Flames. Hopefully it's something that gets thrown out and it doesn't affect his career in any way.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
  #6
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,542
vCash: 50
I like him more already.

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 05:05 PM
  #7
Rangediddy
Registered User
 
Rangediddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 513
vCash: 567
Who parties in Cochrane?

Rangediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 05:36 PM
  #8
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,006
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
Who parties in Cochrane?
<------------


People who live here obviously lol.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
  #9
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
Who parties in Cochrane?
Maybe it was Mason Raymond and Ferland was getting the rivalry going early.

Stupid soft orbital bone guy.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 06:46 PM
  #10
thrillhouse99
Registered User
 
thrillhouse99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
Who parties in Cochrane?
Friggin everybody dude. It's packed with swinging hotspots. And if that's not your thing you can pass the day away cruising in front of mackays with the windows down and eminem blaring in your 89 gmc Sierra.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
  #11
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 1200
At least it wasn't over 20 cents or something...



Right?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:07 AM
  #12
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,203
vCash: 500
I know some of Ferland's family and from what I heard he didn't really do anything. Some ****** in the bar wanted a piece of him because of who he is and his family and friends stepped in. The police showed up and the other party pointed out that Michael had attacked the guy

I going to assume this will go away. I know Michael outside the rink and he isn't that type of guy. Different when the game is on that is for sure

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:11 AM
  #13
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 1081
This should be on the main Prospects board, so that everyone knows what a bad mother****er we've got.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:26 AM
  #14
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I know some of Ferland's family and from what I heard he didn't really do anything. Some ****** in the bar wanted a piece of him because of who he is and his family and friends stepped in. The police showed up and the other party pointed out that Michael had attacked the guy

I going to assume this will go away. I know Michael outside the rink and he isn't that type of guy. Different when the game is on that is for sure
Thanks, this is somewhat comforting to hear. All I've ever heard about Ferland is how he's the nicest guy away from the ice. How he's the kind of kid who, not coming from the best situation, isn't taking anything for granted.

Hopefully it happened exactly like you said, and this can go away for Ferland and the Flames very quickly.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:46 AM
  #15
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,297
vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Thanks, this is somewhat comforting to hear. All I've ever heard about Ferland is how he's the nicest guy away from the ice. How he's the kind of kid who, not coming from the best situation, isn't taking anything for granted.

Hopefully it happened exactly like you said, and this can go away for Ferland and the Flames very quickly.
Yah, from the lawyer statement, it seems like Ferland isn't denying being there, he is just saying he didn't do anything wrong.. But even if it didn't go exactly like that, and Ferland did knock someone out, I seriously doubt it happened the way it was reported, Ferland doesn't seem like the type off the ice just to lace a guy while he's trying to "attend" to the fallen.. Sounds like either complete bull, or they tried to jump him and were very unsuccessful.. Either way, I'm thinking this gets thrown away anyways, it's not an image ruining event in any case..

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:56 AM
  #16
ithxan
Registered User
 
ithxan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 263
vCash: 50
Guilty.

ithxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
  #17
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 50
Why are people endorsing this, even if its joking? We don't need a off the ice trouble maker, thats the last thing this team needs.

I don't know anything about Ferland personally so I won't comment on such. Hopefully he didn't do anything as the one poster claimed and this doesn't cause any problems for him. I do know that athletes are often targets of idiots, so hopefully this is the case here.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:39 PM
  #18
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,153
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Yah, from the lawyer statement, it seems like Ferland isn't denying being there, he is just saying he didn't do anything wrong.. But even if it didn't go exactly like that, and Ferland did knock someone out, I seriously doubt it happened the way it was reported, Ferland doesn't seem like the type off the ice just to lace a guy while he's trying to "attend" to the fallen.. Sounds like either complete bull, or they tried to jump him and were very unsuccessful.. Either way, I'm thinking this gets thrown away anyways, it's not an image ruining event in any case..
I bet you anything this.

1st guy comes at him, Ferland knocks him out, 2nd guy comes at Ferland..

Cops get there, "I was helping my friend get up, who he knocked out."

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:31 PM
  #19
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Why are people endorsing this, even if its joking? We don't need a off the ice trouble maker, thats the last thing this team needs.

I don't know anything about Ferland personally so I won't comment on such. Hopefully he didn't do anything as the one poster claimed and this doesn't cause any problems for him. I do know that athletes are often targets of idiots, so hopefully this is the case here.
Have you ever BEEN in a bar?



**** happens. Often it's out of your control. One incident does not an "off the ice trouble maker" make...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
  #20
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Have you ever BEEN in a bar?



**** happens. Often it's out of your control. One incident does not an "off the ice trouble maker" make...
I NEVER inferred that Ferland was involved in anything. People are applauding him for being a ****kicker in a bar, which I think BS. I was simply implying that if the accusations ARE true, why people think that is a good thing is beyond me. I will not form an opinion either way on the matter until the investigation is concluded.

But yes, I have been to a bar and I am aware that happens. I also eluded to that athletes are typically setup for this type of BS which is why I am inclined to initially side with Ferland here.

Sorry, I should of been more clear in my post. I can see the reason for the confusion.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:34 PM
  #21
Flames34
Registered User
 
Flames34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Blackville, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
He would have fit with sutters gritty style! To bad the whole rest of the team!

Flames34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.