HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduce Yourself

Old
10-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Mr Reputable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Hello thar good sir. Er... which 'other side' do you refer?

Uhm, is it OK if I say.....the other Canuck forum?

Mr Reputable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Mr Reputable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Anyone with a name like Mr. Reputable needs no introduction.

Welcome.

There is cold beer in the fridge and some stale cheesies in a bowl on the coffee table. Make yourself at home.

(btw- overuse of exclamation marks will get you permanently banned...... you're not Parksy are you?)

Oh sorry about the exclamation point. I think Parksy is a great guy, but I'm not him.

Mr Reputable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Reputable View Post
Oh sorry about the exclamation point. I think Parksy is a great guy, but I'm not him.
Don't apologize... I was just having fun. I remember Parksy from years ago at Canuck Central.

I remember giving him a hard time because he used over 50 exclamation marks in his first 5-7 posts. ..... and I was one of the nice ones.

He didn't last very long there.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Reputable View Post
Uhm, is it OK if I say.....the other Canuck forum?
It is as long as you don't post like most of them do over there.

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Hey look another sheep shagger, Im not the only one on here

Wait location Auckland Pfft

JK

Chur Chur
Wait I thought you were from the Emirates

JK

Great to have some Kiwis on the boards. I love NZ. Not too long ago I was out
in the Southern Ocean off of Stewart Island digitally shooting Albatrosses, and
also off Kaikoura. Five or six species. Fantastic birds, perfect shooting conditions,
except for the vomiting

Tiritiri Matangi not far off of Aukland is also a wildlife photographer's paradise,
been there a couple of times. Like the All Blacks too. Not really into sheep though:
kinda hard to fit in

701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:23 AM
DS7

Hey all!

I'm another recent immigrant from the 'other' boards. I've been a lurker for about a year, but always enjoyed the discussions that go here.

Been a fan since Bure, really got me into hockey. I'm just a simple fan who loves the team, and tired of the negative attitude that seems to follow it on the other boards.

I've noticed a few other fellow posters who have transitioned over here still spewing the negativity, i assure you a lot of us aren't like that.

I don't give a crap about why we're winning the hodgson trade b/c he's a -3 at the moment vs Kassian's 0, or the fact that Luongo's twitter account may be affecting his play, or that AV hasn't won as many games as Torts at this point.

I just want to have fun, cheer our team on and have level headed discussions as hockey fans where we can agree or disagree without resorting to accusing each other of not being 'real' Canuck fans or drinking koolaid....whatever that means.

Peace!

DS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:26 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Hello sir. Welcome to the Canucks board!

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 03:24 AM
tc23
#StopSbieksa2015

vCash: 77
Welcome, good sir!

tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:09 AM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Hello.

I never go to the other boards.

They scare me

How Ya Drouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Linden*

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Ya Drouin View Post
Hello.

I never go to the other boards.

They scare me
nice avy btw

Old
10-10-2013, 09:00 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lph View Post
nice avy btw
Ssshhh...

read the rules.

How Ya Drouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post
Wait I thought you were from the Emirates

JK

Great to have some Kiwis on the boards. I love NZ. Not too long ago I was out
in the Southern Ocean off of Stewart Island digitally shooting Albatrosses, and
also off Kaikoura. Five or six species. Fantastic birds, perfect shooting conditions,
except for the vomiting

Tiritiri Matangi not far off of Aukland is also a wildlife photographer's paradise,
been there a couple of times. Like the All Blacks too. Not really into sheep though:
kinda hard to fit in
your post has reminded me to change my avatar since that one now makes me sad...

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Horvat to Shinkaruk

Hello everyone,

I am BO 2 shinky, I am a UBC student and have been avidly following the canucks since 2003. I am the second biggest canuck fan I know. I have lived in the lower mainland my entire life. I played AAA, then JR B as a youngster before heading down the education route. I love hockey, was top 100 in the xbox rankings of chell for 11 + 14, and I hate the leafs + bettman + boston + shanaban more than almost everything else in my life. Oh... and bagwagoners are the worst type of people. So if you like to go on HFBoards right after a Canuck loss and badmouth my team you can (****) right off because you are overreacting scum

I have been a lurker on this page since the summer (wow you guys do not like Gillis!!). I don't like to badmouth my own team so it will be a rare occasion if you see me posting negative comments. I am a supporter of this team in every way, I attend as many games as a college kid can afford, I have watched every game for the past 4 years (pvr + the internet make that possible), and I went to the training camps/practices at UBC for the past couple years.

I like the direction (long term) the team has been heading in over the past ten years. That being said, we have had a few recent moves that frighten me because I think they might just be tearing down what the organization has been doing the last decade or so. We will have to wait and see. But, I am confident in the team we have. I am confident that we have enough pieces on our roster and in our system to be a competitive team for the years ahead of us. As long as management doesn't decide to flush away a large portion of them

I mentioned I hate Bettman. I really hate Bettman. I have written a half dozen of my university papers on the NHL's front office, direction, allocation of teams, business plan, and Bettman himself. In short (pardon the pun), I feel he doesn't know enough about the game itself, his foresight has been poor, and his tenure has gone on far too long. I feel that hockey is the greatest sport in the world, however the NHL is not the best league in the world.

This is a lot longer than I was expecting it to be, but oh well now you know everything about me
GO CANUCKS GO

Horvat to Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horvat to Shinkaruk View Post
Hello everyone,

I am BO 2 shinky, I am a UBC student and have been avidly following the canucks since 2003. I am the second biggest canuck fan I know. I have lived in the lower mainland my entire life. I played AAA, then JR B as a youngster before heading down the education route. I love hockey, was top 100 in the xbox rankings of chell for 11 + 14, and I hate the leafs + bettman + boston + shanaban more than almost everything else in my life. Oh... and bagwagoners are the worst type of people. So if you like to go on HFBoards right after a Canuck loss and badmouth my team you can (****) right off because you are overreacting scum

I have been a lurker on this page since the summer (wow you guys do not like Gillis!!). I don't like to badmouth my own team so it will be a rare occasion if you see me posting negative comments. I am a supporter of this team in every way, I attend as many games as a college kid can afford, I have watched every game for the past 4 years (pvr + the internet make that possible), and I went to the training camps/practices at UBC for the past couple years.

I like the direction (long term) the team has been heading in over the past ten years. That being said, we have had a few recent moves that frighten me because I think they might just be tearing down what the organization has been doing the last decade or so. We will have to wait and see. But, I am confident in the team we have. I am confident that we have enough pieces on our roster and in our system to be a competitive team for the years ahead of us. As long as management doesn't decide to flush away a large portion of them

I mentioned I hate Bettman. I really hate Bettman. I have written a half dozen of my university papers on the NHL's front office, direction, allocation of teams, business plan, and Bettman himself. In short (pardon the pun), I feel he doesn't know enough about the game itself, his foresight has been poor, and his tenure has gone on far too long. I feel that hockey is the greatest sport in the world, however the NHL is not the best league in the world.

This is a lot longer than I was expecting it to be, but oh well now you know everything about me
GO CANUCKS GO
A damn solid first post.

Except for the fact that you left out who you know to be the first biggest Canucks fan........

Old
10-14-2013, 02:53 AM
skyo
CanucksCorner

I was here for a few years had over 7K posts, but now I'm back, I know a few of you from cc.

skyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Horvat to Shinkaruk

Quote:
A damn solid first post.

Except for the fact that you left out who you know to be the first biggest Canucks fan........

That would be a friend of mine that works at the team1040. I concede he is the biggest fan because his job relates directly to the Canucks, mine is currently attending classes and writing exams

Horvat to Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
your post has reminded me to change my avatar since that one now makes me sad...
No kidding. I recently watched the Cup races on youtube, and it was unbelievable. Like someone threw a switch at the very last minute, and that was that. Epic collapse or epic victory? Puts the Canucks' playoff woes in perspective.

701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Welcome to the new folks!

10-16-2013, 01:44 AM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
Welcome, errbody!

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Linden*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lph View Post
Since I apparently never did introduce myself. I am Lph and I am a Canucks Fan. I like to occasionally post here.

hello friend

Old
10-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Nuckles
On the IR

Welcome new peoples (excluding Lph)! Here is your complimentary "What the hell is wrong with Dan Hamhuis?!" t-shirt.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:29 PM
The Poacher

Well it took 26 years but I finally have my first official Canucks jersey. It's my birthday today and I've been hinting for the last few years that I wanted a Canucks jersey. My family bought my brother one my brother in law one my dad, but nobody got the clue that I wanted one. Well my girlfriend got the hint and I received my stick in rink Jersey today, now the hard part who's name and number do I put on the back???? I thinking Kassian maybe Burrows... I don't know it's such a hard choice! But I'm more than pumped!

The Poacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW55 View Post
Well it took 26 years but I finally have my first official Canucks jersey. It's my birthday today and I've been hinting for the last few years that I wanted a Canucks jersey. My family bought my brother one my brother in law one my dad, but nobody got the clue that I wanted one. Well my girlfriend got the hint and I received my stick in rink Jersey today, now the hard part who's name and number do I put on the back???? I thinking Kassian maybe Burrows... I don't know it's such a hard choice! But I'm more than pumped!
How about your own last name with your favourite number... or the year you were born?

I know I'm in the minority here, but wearing a jersey with some other guys name on the back has always seemed like an odd obsession to me.

Old
10-16-2013, 11:47 PM
The Poacher

Quote:
How about your own last name with your favourite number... or the year you were born?

I know I'm in the minority here, but wearing a jersey with some other guys name on the back has always seemed like an odd obsession to me.
I don't know, I don't think I like the your own last name thing. I feel you should support your favorite player, or a player you hope ends up a star(Kassian). But to each their own.

The Poacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Linden*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poacher View Post
I don't know, I don't think I like the your own last name thing. I feel you should support your favorite player, or a player you hope ends up a star(Kassian). But to each their own.
Also not a fan of putting your own name on the back