HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panther's List of Untouchables

Old
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
You would show up in this forum
Panther fans show up in our boards, can we not do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dude were you kicked off the main board?
Nope, why would I have been? I just have a lot better things to do then bicker with fans for my long weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Im sure he was
He sure was... look it up.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Panther fans show up in our boards, can we not do the same?

Nope, why would I have been? I just have a lot better things to do then bicker with fans for my long weekend.

He sure was... look it up.
We don't mind if other fans come in here at all. But the things you yourself were saying on the main board aren't going to go over well here.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
We don't mind if other fans come in here at all. But the things you yourself were saying on the main board aren't going to go over well here.
Well I know that this is your board & those kind of things don't fly when you go visit a teams board. I'm not really here for a chat/debate... just to correct that one comment.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

**[****

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Well I know that this is your board & those kind of things don't fly when you go visit a teams board. I'm not really here for a chat/debate... just to correct that one comment.
We didn't agree with the premise in the first place

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
timw33

Quote:
List is dead on. Canuck homer's are telling Blackhawks fans Kane and Hjalmmarson aren't enough and their asking us for Huberdeau and Gudbranson in some of their posts. They are delusional in the most frustrating way possible. The most frustrating part of it is they are trying to dig out stats to prove our goaltending is somehow way worse without Loungo.
If you talk to young or un-knowledgable Canuck fans, yes, they want stupid returns.

Level headed fans are a little more realistic with what we would like to get back for our star goaltender.

Bolland + picks/mid tier prospect or possibly even Hjalmarson seems to be the more level headed expectation from Chicago. But there are obviously some issues with comments by Bolland and the history of Luongo vs Chicago. I don't expect us to get something done with Chicago.

From Florida, we are thinking something along the lines of a 1st, a 2nd tier prospect (Shore/Howden/Petrovic (please correct me if I'm wrong in this assessment of these players) and likely a camp dump kinda guy like Upshall/Kopecky.

We are not expecting Huberdeau, Gudbranson or Markstrom. We know they are unattainable.

We are hopeful to get Bjugstad, but are not getting our hopes up (as a long-suffering Canuck fan, we know to never get our hopes up until you win that 16th game.)

However, you have to give to get, and Luongo, despite his faults, is a very very solid goaltender that has completely spoiled us in the last 7 seasons.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:52 AM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
If you talk to young or un-knowledgable Canuck fans, yes, they want stupid returns.

Level headed fans are a little more realistic with what we would like to get back for our star goaltender.

Bolland + picks/mid tier prospect or possibly even Hjalmarson seems to be the more level headed expectation from Chicago. But there are obviously some issues with comments by Bolland and the history of Luongo vs Chicago. I don't expect us to get something done with Chicago.

From Florida, we are thinking something along the lines of a 1st, a 2nd tier prospect (Shore/Howden/Petrovic (please correct me if I'm wrong in this assessment of these players) and likely a camp dump kinda guy like Upshall/Kopecky.

We are not expecting Huberdeau, Gudbranson or Markstrom. We know they are unattainable.

We are hopeful to get Bjugstad, but are not getting our hopes up (as a long-suffering Canuck fan, we know to never get our hopes up until you win that 16th game.)

However, you have to give to get, and Luongo, despite his faults, is a very very solid goaltender that has completely spoiled us in the last 7 seasons.
Taking Luongo's ridiculous contract off your books should be enough compensation.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Dr Beinfest

Bjugstad is of the unattainable level that the other three are.

Unattainable.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Taking Luongo's ridiculous contract off your books should be enough compensation.
not enough compensation for us, taking that ridiculous contract for an aging player on the downswing of his career with a history of folding under pressure and absolutely no future on his current team from a player or organization standpoint. They should take any salary dumps we force on them and throw in more to sweeten the deal. Personally, I still wouldn't want him even under those conditions. That deal and his play/personality would set us back years.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
not enough compensation for us, taking that ridiculous contract for an aging player on the downswing of his career with a history of folding under pressure and absolutely no future on his current team from a player or organization standpoint. They should take any salary dumps we force on them and throw in more to sweeten the deal. Personally, I still wouldn't want him even under those conditions. That deal and his play/personality would set us back years.
This is a tad of an exaggeration but I can't blame you.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:59 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Dude, Im sorry, but I dont agree with you at all. Luongo would most certainly not "set us back years." As good as Theodore and Clemmer were last year, Luongo still is an upgrade over the two, and would give us our best shot at getting back into the playoffs, and anyone who thinks otherwise really need to look at it like Luongo was never here in the past. He clearly is the better of the three, and while his contract does stink, Id rather have his deal here, instead of Upshall for example. If Tallon can get him for the right deal, meaning we send back a mid-level prospect, a pick, and a salary dump, that would be an absolute win for us.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:08 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I think the likelihood of a Luongo trade and what the particulars may be will depend on the outcome of the new CBA.

I'd be shocked to see a Luongo trade before the labor issues are settled.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I think the likelihood of a Luongo trade and what the particulars may be will depend on the outcome of the new CBA.

I'd be shocked to see a Luongo trade before the labor issues are settled.
I don't think the new CBA would affect a team like Toronto in terms of acquiring Luongo. Definitely us tho.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:50 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Quote:
Again, it's really not that bad. It's pretty much a wink wink nudge nudge that he will retire in 6-7 years.

But you get quality goaltending for the next 3-4 years at a very very good cap hit. Then you deal with the contract at that point.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:14 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Again, it's really not that bad. It's pretty much a wink wink nudge nudge that he will retire in 6-7 years.

But you get quality goaltending for the next 3-4 years at a very very good cap hit. Then you deal with the contract at that point.
Again, with the cap ceiling at 70 million, it wouldn't matter if his cap hit was 9 million. It would be irrelevant. His real dollars is way to high. Luongo's contract is built for a team struggling to keep under cap maximum, not for a team like ours. The $5.3 million cap hit doesn't excite us at all.