HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with Karaoke on Tuesdays!

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2012, 10:04 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Sorry to say this is a great day for me.
Another cheater in sports put in his place.
I love seeing that
Yea Armstrong thumbed his nose at the people who tested him and almost flaunted it. Falling in line with all the other guys that got caught now. Sometimes a person needs to know when to leave well enough along.

Old
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
King Woodballs
#FHRITP

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea Armstrong thumbed his nose at the people who tested him and almost flaunted it. Falling in line with all the other guys that got caught now. Sometimes a person needs to know when to leave well enough along.
Exactly
He acted all innocent and pissed off that people called him a cheater.
When really, he was.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Exactly
He acted all innocent and pissed off that people called him a cheater.
When really, he was.
Whether or not you believe he cheated, this verdict should not change your opinion as there is no new evidence. Armstrong has never tested positive using a banned substance in 13 years, and the only evidence against him is eyewitness testimony.

It's not even known if the drug agency that made the announcement has the ability to strip him of his titles and ban him from competition. A quote from the CNN article:

Quote:
...there is a question about whether the USADA -- a quasi-government agency recognized as the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sports in the United States -- has the authority to take action against Armstrong.
The International Cycling Federation, whom Armstrong has said should be the arbiter in his case, has opposed the American agency's actions by claiming it has jurisdiction. That position has been recently backed by USA Cycling, the official cycling organization recognized by the U.S. Olympic Committee.
Just to make it clear, I am not a huge fan of Armstrong or anything. He could have very well cheated but I am appalled by the standard of evidence used to convict Armstrong. In reality, there are a lot of politics involved and in my opinion, the USADA has now shown itself as joke of an organization. There should be hard evidence of his alleged doping, such as a positive sample or DNA test on needles used to inject him (if available), before making this kind of ruling. This is nothing but a witch hunt.

Old
08-24-2012, 06:39 AM
King Woodballs
#FHRITP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Whether or not you believe he cheated, this verdict should not change your opinion as there is no new evidence. Armstrong has never tested positive using a banned substance in 13 years, and the only evidence against him is eyewitness testimony.

It's not even known if the drug agency that made the announcement has the ability to strip him of his titles and ban him from competition. A quote from the CNN article:

Just to make it clear, I am not a huge fan of Armstrong or anything. He could have very well cheated but I am appalled by the standard of evidence used to convict Armstrong. In reality, there are a lot of politics involved and in my opinion, the USADA has now shown itself as joke of an organization. There should be hard evidence of his alleged doping, such as a positive sample or DNA test on needles used to inject him (if available), before making this kind of ruling. This is nothing but a witch hunt.
If he truly didn't do it.... who wouldn't have quit the fight.

Armstrong has always been known as a winner not a quitter.

He quit. the fight... that is telling you he did it.

Since the drugs are usually further ahead then the testing... I can't wait until he get Marian Jones'd in 5 years when the testing catches up.

Old
08-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

-5C in the Grande Cache area of Alberta

Old
08-24-2012, 08:40 AM
King Woodballs
#FHRITP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
-5C in the Grande Cache area of Alberta
18 in Winnipeg

Old
08-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Poor Lance. 1 ball, 0 Tour De France victories.

Old
08-24-2012, 12:55 PM
King Woodballs
#FHRITP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Poor Lance. 1 ball, 0 Tour De France victories.
Well, after last night he is taking his ball and is going home

Old
08-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
My phone won't charge anymore haha. I had it for all of two days and a part of it broke. Charged just fine the first 2 times. I tried through 6 different cables and to the computer and wall, nada. I think I'm going to order the part I need for the phone and try to fix it myself. Doesn't seem to hard to replace the USB board on the phone. If not, I'll take it somewhere in town.

Damn you, technology! Or maybe the guy on ebay knew this would happen and sold it. Blergh. At least it's not expensive to fix, just means I don't get to play with it right now.
Sorry to hear, droid buddy.

08-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Hammer Slammer
#MBMoose

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Sorry to hear, droid buddy.
Sucks, man. Though I found out the phone charges when it's off, but doesn't show any sign that it's charging. So when I need to charge it (which is quite often unfortunately) I flip the sim card back to my blackberry. Good enough for now.

Old
08-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Diatidialga

Well, it's midnight, i'm not tired. Screw it, i'm watching Fellowship of the Ring.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I am very much enjoying the new Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

I've played every version of this game and while I didn't enjoy Source very much, it feels a little more like 1.6 in this update.

Good times.

Old
08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

I have to work today, and it was damn near the freezing mark when I woke up this morning. Bah.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Daynz
What!?!

I'm not savvy about these kind of things, but if Apple won their lawsuit against Samsung, how will this affect Samsung phones in the future? I'm not just talking about the billion dollars or more in losses, but the way the phones are made. I hate Apple.

Old
08-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
If he truly didn't do it.... who wouldn't have quit the fight.

Armstrong has always been known as a winner not a quitter.

He quit. the fight... that is telling you he did it.

Since the drugs are usually further ahead then the testing... I can't wait until he get Marian Jones'd in 5 years when the testing catches up.
I actually hate these retroactive doping witch hunts.
It is a lose lose situation for the person being accused.
The longer it goes on the more the person's name get dragged through the mud and no end result will wash the mud clean.

Everyone knows that Curt Schilling was accused of steroid use. Only people that follow sports closely know that he was found innocent.

What's past is past. This isn't like a world record that can be taken away. He won the competition, that is history. Some US government agency shouldn't have the right to decide on the history books of the world.

Old
08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Hammer Slammer
#MBMoose

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I am very much enjoying the new Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

I've played every version of this game and while I didn't enjoy Source very much, it feels a little more like 1.6 in this update.

Good times.
I might be looking to buy soon, I enjoyed CS:S. I have a friend who I haven't heard from in a little bit because he got CS:GO.

Old
08-25-2012, 08:20 PM
King Woodballs
#FHRITP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
I actually hate these retroactive doping witch hunts.
It is a lose lose situation for the person being accused.
The longer it goes on the more the person's name get dragged through the mud and no end result will wash the mud clean.

Everyone knows that Curt Schilling was accused of steroid use. Only people that follow sports closely know that he was found innocent.

What's past is past. This isn't like a world record that can be taken away. He won the competition, that is history. Some US government agency shouldn't have the right to decide on the history books of the world.
What pissed me off the most is the witch hunt that went on against all the baseball players.
Bonds still gets **** on for taking ped's yet never failed a test

Yet armstrong is getting a free pass from lots of people

Complete double standard

Old
08-25-2012, 08:41 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynz View Post
I'm not savvy about these kind of things, but if Apple won their lawsuit against Samsung, how will this affect Samsung phones in the future? I'm not just talking about the billion dollars or more in losses, but the way the phones are made. I hate Apple.
Full disclosure, posting on an iPhone.

Apple isn't really wrong here, necessarily. A jury found that Samsung had violated patent laws to a large extent. Any company would protect their own there.

I do hope that the effect isn't that large, because I plan on trying out a Samsung phone when my contract comes up. Still though, the similarities were too close to ignore.

Old
08-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Daynz
What!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Full disclosure, posting on an iPhone.

Apple isn't really wrong here, necessarily. A jury found that Samsung had violated patent laws to a large extent. Any company would protect their own there.

I do hope that the effect isn't that large, because I plan on trying out a Samsung phone when my contract comes up. Still though, the similarities were too close to ignore.
I'm not disputing the verdict. I read that Samsung might have problems selling their androids in the US. I haven't heard anything about Canada. I also read that Samsung is working on changing their system just enough to get by the legal stuff. The Samsung Galaxy III wasn't named in the lawsuit, but Apple could pursue that phone on it's own in a different way. That's the baby I have my eye on. Of course my stupid no data lame phone contract isn't up for another year or so. I'm still debating whether to buy it out.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:23 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

I don't get these android phones at all.

I love my iPhone and have never had any problems with it. If I do I can just take it to the Apple store and get it fixed for free.

Old
08-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
I don't get these android phones at all.

I love my iPhone and have never had any problems with it. If I do I can just take it to the Apple store and get it fixed for free.
I was crazy anti-apple until I broke down and bought a IPad at launch.
I just find the IPad and IPhone to be idiot proof and they hold resale value well.

I would still buy a PC over a mac any day of the week though. Paying inflated prices for a OS seems foolish (unless you are a artist and depend on it professionally. Hard to make a change).

Old
08-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
I was crazy anti-apple until I broke down and bought a IPad at launch.
I just find the IPad and IPhone to be idiot proof and they hold resale value well.

I would still buy a PC over a mac any day of the week though. Paying inflated prices for a OS seems foolish (unless you are a artist and depend on it professionally. Hard to make a change).
Basically this.

I have iPad's and an iPhone but I would never get a Mac. Been building and using PCs for far too long and that isn't going to change.

Old
08-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Jet
More Finnz pls

When you start looking at iPhone vs. Android and compare all of the pro's and cons, it's very evident that Android platform phones are vastly superior. They are faster, more programmable, more easily appable (I know it's not a word), and the wide range of styles and features make it like comparing apples and oranges.

If I want to watch a movie on my huge screen HD Galaxy... I can either plug the phone into my computer and drag the movie into my download folder, or use Kies Air and do it wirelessly. Within a couple of minutes I am watching that movie on my phone.

With Apple you need to get the movie, convert it to Mov, rip it into iTunes and Sync your device. It is a ridiculous control of everything the user does. Apple is smart in that respect: they force you to use iTunes in the hopes you won't jump through all the hoops to jailbreak your device and get the apps that will allow you to circumvent their very prohibitive software.

There will always be a market for Apple. It's idiot proof and they are great at marketing. But the growing share of Android and Windows phones proves that people want something easier and more customizable.

Old
08-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Potrzebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
With Apple you need to get the movie, convert it to Mov, rip it into iTunes and Sync your device. It is a ridiculous control of everything the user does. Apple is smart in that respect: they force you to use iTunes in the hopes you won't jump through all the hoops to jailbreak your device and get the apps that will allow you to circumvent their very prohibitive software.
If you want to escape iTunes hell, CopyTransManager is the key.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

For me:

Apple = a fruit I eat.

Android = a robot.

iphone = a phone in the shape of the letter "i"

itouch = me touching myself

Mac = a character on Knots Landing

PC = Progressive Conservative or President's Choice