HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with Karaoke on Tuesdays!

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2012, 10:38 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Basically this.

I have iPad's and an iPhone but I would never get a Mac. Been building and using PCs for far too long and that isn't going to change.
See and I love macs. Its user friendly and doesn't need to be updated every other day like my current pc does. You aren't subjected to as many viruses. Warranty is longer. Better for playing games IMO too

Old
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
sully1410

Does anyone else get annoyed when Jackets fans call Johnson...Jack mother ****in Johnson or just JMFJ?

I don't know why...it just bothers me.

Old
08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
See and I love macs. Its user friendly and doesn't need to be updated every other day like my current pc does. You aren't subjected to as many viruses. Warranty is longer. Better for playing games IMO too
I don't really get the virus argument with Apple users. If you are at all computer savvy you should not be getting viruses.

Download files from trusted sources. Scan everything that comes into your computer. Don't open strange email attachments. Get a reliable anti-virus program.

Bam! I haven't had a virus since I was just learning how to use the internet.

08-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potrzebie View Post
If you want to escape iTunes hell, CopyTransManager is the key.
But can you play a variety of files on your Apple? Or do you have to convert everything?

It's just a big hassle. I see the allure of Apple and they've done a lot of good things, but for me, I want a phone that is like a mini PC with all the capabilities.

Old
08-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Does anyone else get annoyed when Jackets fans call Johnson...Jack mother ****in Johnson or just JMFJ?

Started with LA Kings fans, and ya, its a bit annoying.

08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
But can you play a variety of files on your Apple? Or do you have to convert everything?

It's just a big hassle. I see the allure of Apple and they've done a lot of good things, but for me, I want a phone that is like a mini PC with all the capabilities.
Oh heck no, not without jailbreaking.

To play a variety of files without converting I much prefer my HP Touchpad running ICS4 (Cyanogen Mod9). The iPad is a great starter tablet though.

Old
08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Nope. Macs are not designed for playing games. Macs are better for things like mixing music and videos, but I can customize my PC with custom graphics cards to upgrade for some graphics heavy games (which is all PC games worth a damn now) and a lot of the software is just plain better on PC's (same reason there are more viruses, there is more good software). I like the customization that is much easier on PC's. And Jet addressed the virus issue.

Old
08-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Started with LA Kings fans, and ya, its a bit annoying.

Y'all just jealous of one of the best young d-men in the game.

And yes, I stand by that.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:36 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post

We have one of our own
Why would we be

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Made the brutal mistake of checking out Calgary Puck. They had a "Evander Kane wants out of Winnipeg" thread, and of course it degenerated into a City of Winnipeg bashfest, with the same old rhetoric, and reinforcement about how ****ing great they think their perfect little redneck city is. Made me want to projectile vomit all over the place.

I was reminded why I can't stand Calgarians, and all was right with the world again. I hope the Flames and their fans wallow in less-than-mediocrety for the rest of their existance.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:30 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Made the brutal mistake of checking out Calgary Puck. They had a "Evander Kane wants out of Winnipeg" thread, and of course it degenerated into a City of Winnipeg bashfest, with the same old rhetoric, and reinforcement about how ****ing great they think their perfect little redneck city is. Made me want to projectile vomit all over the place.

I was reminded why I can't stand Calgarians, and all was right with the world again. I hope the Flames and their fans wallow in less-than-mediocrety for the rest of their existance.
funny i went bye that site before we landed our team because i heard they were trolling Winnipeg and talking trash. Turns out there were a handful of balanced posters and one or two token "Winnipeg will get a team back" types and they just got slaughtered by the bashers. I observed and posted a few times to clear up some misconceptions with facts, and was treaded fairly for the most part. I left it along because it is a Flames board and if they want to talk trash in their version of augusta national (their private club) who am i to crash their party, haters are going to hate and ignorance towards a city like Winnipeg is pretty much impossible to change.

I lived in their fair city for about 4 years off and on before I moved to the Peg and quite enjoyed it. They have allot of pride in their city and they had a tone of transplants from other places and they all seemed to take pride in their "new home". Some didn't handle it too well but most of the people i met and knew were really cool about it.

Not sure if its still like this but back in that day their was this weird pecking order.......I lived in edmonton for 4 years and people in Calgary new their city was better than Edmonton and always put it in our (Edmontonians) face and although (we) people in Edmonton tried to deny it most of us knew pretty much everyone outside the two cities agree with the statement. Then I lived in Calgary and realized deep down Calgarian's new Vancouver was a bigger, cooler, and more beautiful city and calgary people had a bit of a chip on our shoulder about that.

The reality is each City has its value proposition and own unique charm. The key is finding the city that fits you. I happen to love cottaging so Edmonton and Calgary were not as good a fit for me as Winnipeg is. Plus I find Winnipeg very rich in its ethnic diversity and I like what that does for a city.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:49 PM
sully1410

Quote:

Calgary is practically Winnipeg lite.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:59 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

interesting debate on the tech world

I have a PC at the office and use to have a blackberry. I purchased an IPad and fell in love with the device. I switched to iPhone from Blackberry and find it just ok. Photos and video I love but past that its battery life is a pain and reception is not great. I hate the address book, i prefer to start typing in someone's name and have it populate. I got a Mac Book pro lap top for the house and its ok. very nice for the home movie's and photos.

mostly I am an iPad user and I tolerate my PC (at the office), iPhone, and Macbook pro. What i like most about Apple is they have a great retail store where I can go get classes on how to use their products. I do not have the time or talent to fiddle with technology so I prefer to have a coach when i run into problems.

Apple has had a good run but with Jobs passing away we shall see how they do going forward? The problem with any tech company is their primary product is not what they sell (iPhone, Android, iPad), their primary product is innovation which manifests itself into devices and products.

Great to have an amazing balance sheet, and war-chest, and some proprietary products like Microsoft but their lost decade (good article on it in vanity fair) is a cautionary tale of a powerhouse sitting back a bit too much IMHO.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post

Jack Johnson is overrated garbage.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:

Why you would subject yourself to that site is beyond me

Old
08-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
JJ's name is an alliteration so the mother ****in' basically rolls off the tongue at that point.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Why you would subject yourself to that site is beyond me
****, I know. I'm just glad I don't have to live in that hole

Old
08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Maybe I should go and just troll the **** out that place muahahaha

Old
08-26-2012, 10:25 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
(...)
Great to have an amazing balance sheet, and war-chest, and some proprietary products like Microsoft but their lost decade (good article on it in vanity fair) is a cautionary tale of a powerhouse sitting back a bit too much IMHO.
They didn't sit back out of choice - they were forced to due to the ruling that they exhibited monopolistic tendencies. The restrictions that were put in place have now been lifted. It should be a very interesting 3-5 years in the tech industry between MS, Google, and Apple - the consumer will be the benefactor.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:30 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Amazing, amazing footage of the Mars Curiosity rover landing. Being in the CG industry, I very much appreciate the work that went into tracking and interpolating the rough 4fps footage into some extremely smooth and stunning 25fps footage. Incredible what humankind can do when we put our best foot forward:

Old
08-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Maybe I should go and just troll the **** out that place muahahaha

Old
08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Amazing, amazing footage of the Mars Curiosity rover landing. Being in the CG industry, I very much appreciate the work that went into tracking and interpolating the rough 4fps footage into some extremely smooth and stunning 25fps footage. Incredible what humankind can do when we put our best foot forward:

I ****ing wish the general public would get back into space.

We should have colonies on the Moon by now.

Old
08-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Jack Johnson is overrated garbage.

You wanna do this?

Old
08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

That is really cool!

Old
08-27-2012, 10:42 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
They didn't sit back out of choice - they were forced to due to the ruling that they exhibited monopolistic tendencies. The restrictions that were put in place have now been lifted. It should be a very interesting 3-5 years in the tech industry between MS, Google, and Apple - the consumer will be the benefactor.
I don't believe everything I read but thought I would give you a link to the article I referenced earlier.

http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2...-steve-ballmer

you are correct when you say MS, Google, and Apple should have an interesting battle over the next 3 to 5 years. The three companies have an insane amount of capital to play (invent and acquire) with. A start up or midsized could get rich if they have even a heartbeat of an idea that one of these behemoths wants to acquire (even if it is just as a defensive move). I am not saying the dot com era will replay itself again but IMHO the tech sector is going to have a hot run again here in an otherwise pretty dismal (or at least stagnant) economy.

Closed Thread