HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with Karaoke on Tuesdays!

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Ya, it's sickening how much he got away with. When all is said and done, he'll just do what he did last and live his low life in hiding out of the country. I suppose that's the only next cowardly step and thing to do for a person of such despicable actions.

Theo described the ruling as "nothing short of a national travesty." and he's right. How these sick, low life pieces of **** get such little time for their actions is a ****ing disgrace.
The big challenge they had legally has something to do with when this happened and that the law views them as part of the same issue back in the day (I apologize for butchering my explanation). I heard a lawyer on H & L saying what they would need to really nail James would be new fresh charges.

Honestly itís hard for me to discuss without losing my mind!

Old
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
this looks great Gump. Centerpoint has expanded a bit off its original footprint and it looks like it is encompassing the entire block minus the one small commercial development on Portage!! Any idea what the condo price ranges are going to be? I know Milestone's will be one of the Restaurants on the ground floor of the tower but I haven't heard who is doing the 2nd deal. This will all add to the pre and post game energy around the MTS centre building
Correct; Milestones Grill and Bar has leased the Portage Avenue side of the project. Bobby Mottola (Pizzeria Gusto) is reportedly leasing the smaller space facing Donald Street. No word yet on what he plans to put in there however.

I've heard nothing regarding pricing of the residences, though the site already allows inquiries; they'd probably contact you with more info I'd guess... http://centrepointwinnipeg.com/residences/

Old
09-25-2012, 02:03 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Thing is, the Oilers can build a beautiful world-class arena without all the filler for far less, and Katz, being the billionaire that he is, can front most of the cash for the project with minimal tax-payers $$$, like TNSE did. He can also create development surrounding the arena as part of his development and make money off of it as well, without tax subsidies, like TNSE did. But he is such a greedy ******* that he thinks he can hold the city hostage and that they will bend over and take it because he hold's the city's most valuable cultural asset hostage.

I can't stand that man.
I agree he's being greedy...seems the idea was to have everything together just to get some city funding involved. But in the end the tax payers aren't getting anything for the real estate and additional portions, which makes the whole thing ridiculous. I can totally understand why you guys would be pissed...even the Edmonton citizens that aren't Oiler fans and getting the "threat" of Katz's "my way or the Oilers move" public gesturing...its under the guise of "well city council, the city of Edmonton will own the arena! But the $450MM project has all this other stuff that absolutely NEEDS to be built with it"

What you say is exactly my issue with the project...He could theoretically work with the city to get an area done, and then do his own additional real estate and office retail stuff on top of it. But he's gone about it the wrong way and it suggests his intentions was simply to get as much money out of the taxpayers as he could. The fact he's taking it to this showcase of potentially moving the team and all that, is dismal.

If TNSE was able to get it done, he should be able to. He has way more money than TNSE does, after all. But clearly, he doesn't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
I enjoy that Edmonton is in the begging stages of a deal somewhat similar to the one Winnipeg is already currently enacting; they wish to build an arena district akin to the SHED plan in Winnipeg. Construction has already begun on Centrepoint. The two main lower level restaurant spaces have already been leased in the Alt Hotel/office tower on Portage, and the vast majority of the office space in that building is already leased as well.

A new residential tower is now to be constructed above the planned parkade at the other end of the property. If those residential leases fill up quickly I've heard yet another residential tower at Centrepoint is a distinct possibility.

They've updated the website; it looks all fantastic...
http://centrepointwinnipeg.com/

http://centrepointwinnipeg.com/residences/

Go Winnipeg Go!
I was under the impression the residences would exclusively be condos, but it seems like they will also have apartments there too...hopefully the demand is enough that a second tower is warranted.

We're lucky with TNSE and how they turned out to be. They care about the city, and they're working to progress it without the need for child-like business tactics

Quote:
this looks great Gump. Centerpoint has expanded a bit off its original footprint and it looks like it is encompassing the entire block minus the one small commercial development on Portage!! Any idea what the condo price ranges are going to be? I know Milestone's will be one of the Restaurants on the ground floor of the tower but I haven't heard who is doing the 2nd deal. This will all add to the pre and post game energy around the MTS centre building
To my knowledge, this was always going to be the original plan, they just wanted to make sure they had all their ducks in a row before revealing the residences

no idea on prices yet, but I would wager this type of development in this location would garner high 200k prices on average

Old
09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350

The site already allows inquiries; just scroll down to the form at the bottom and surely they'll be in contact regarding the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
To my knowledge, this was always going to be the original plan, they just wanted to make sure they had all their ducks in a row before revealing the residences
Yes, and I've also heard rumors there are options already taken on additional land on the other side of Donald for a third tower if demand allows.

Can they fit something in behind MEC? That Dollarama thing/Dollar store (whatever it is called - I just avert my gaze) on Portage is an eyesore as well, the one on the same block but beside MEC, IIRC.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 09-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:

The site already allows inquiries; just scroll down to the form at the bottom and surely they'll be in contact regarding the details.
Added myself because I'm curious as to what the prices are like. I'll let everyone know if they send me an email.

09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

vCash: 1004
Rush tomorrow night... going to be fantastic.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:

Yes, and I've also heard rumors there are options already taken on additional land on the other side of Donald for a third tower if demand allows.

Can they fit something in behind MEC? That Dollarama thing/Dollar store (whatever it is called - I just avert my gaze) on Portage is an eyesore as well, the one on the same block but beside MEC, IIRC.
It would be nice to put something decent up where that dollar store is beside MEC. There's that new Credit Union building behind MEC on Donald (and the old Mother Tucker's / Oddfellows house behind that on Donald and Ellice).

BTW: Has anyone seen that new 3/4 view on Google Maps (satellite view) - zoom in to the MTS centre...it's like SimCity! Very recent too - they're tearing down stuff to make way for CentrePoint in the images.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:46 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Interesting - rekindling the Montreal / Quebec City rivalry during the lockout:

Quote:
Burnside: Quebec series featuring NHLers is the first of the barnstorming tours for locked-out players

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/84...locked-players

Max Talbot and Bruno Gervais are not just talking about playing hockey, Scott Burnside writes, they're doing something about it.

Old
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
I wanted to go to that, but I already spent my entertainment dollars on Iron Maiden.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

40 years ago this album was released!
One of the best ever!

Old
09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I wanted to go to that, but I already spent my entertainment dollars on Iron Maiden.
A friend took me to Maiden for my birthday. Going to Rush tomorrow. Barenaked Ladies in December, Wintersleep in November, Trailer Park Boys in December... Going to be one hell of a season.

Old
09-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Shakey Rustie
1L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
I wanted to go but none of my friends wanted to see Rush

Just have to wait to see Uncle Neil in November

Old
09-25-2012, 09:59 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
One of the best ever!

I love old Sabbath and Tommy Iommi. The angry, dirty guitar riffs make for some good metal music. Not bad for a chap who plays with fake fingertips.

Old
09-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
He was sentenced last March in Winnipeg to two years in prison for hundreds of sexual assaults on two of his teenage players, Fleury and his cousin, Todd Holt.

James previously served about 18 months of a 3 1/2 year-sentence for molesting former NHL'er Sheldon Kennedy and two other players.
If he'd stolen money he would have gotten 5 times that.

I read Theo's book last year. Heart wrenching stuff.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Must see TV tonight, via twitter

Quote:
1h Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
You want puck? We got puck. Special NHL on TSN vintage game tonight at 7:30 pm ET, Canada vs Soviet Union, Game 8, 1972 Summit Series.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:38 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
One of the best ever!

Bill and Geezer may be one of the most underrated rhythm sections in music history.

I basically learned to play bass off of Geezer and John Paul Jones (Zeppelin) lines.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Bill and Geezer may be one of the most underrated rhythm sections in music history.

I basically learned to play bass off of Geezer and John Paul Jones (Zeppelin) lines.
ugh
this is so true it hurts.

Geezer imo is THE best bass player I have ever seen.

Bill is top 5 all time too

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
ugh
this is so true it hurts.

Geezer imo is THE best bass player I have ever seen.

Bill is top 5 all time too
There are only a few bass guitarists worth paying attention to. Geddy Lee, Flea, and Cliff Burton are a few of my favourites, or at least the only ones who's names I remembered.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:46 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Holy ****... never seen Manon Rheaume before until this TSN segment...

Old
09-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
There are only a few bass guitarists worth paying attention to. Geddy Lee, Flea, and Cliff Burton are a few of my favourites, or at least the only ones who's names I remembered.
You better have missed les claypool because of his vast superiority to the aforementioned bassists and not because you forgot about him....

Old
09-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Oh good, the error 503 Guru Meditation is back.

Old
09-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Jet

Quote:
Good to get a quality franchise like Milestones in there. I am so excited about Downtown!

Old
09-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Good to get a quality franchise like Milestones in there. I am so excited about Downtown!
Would be nice to see a Cactus Club in the mix somewhere as well.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Would be nice to see a Cactus Club in the mix somewhere as well.
When are you moving here, PS?

Also, I know we are all bummed about the lockout. Hopefully this helps in some small way. Enjoy!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/steps...our-day-better

Old
09-26-2012, 09:26 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

There are many amazing talented bass players who are worth listening to and improve the song/band by so much... Just rarely is the case in more modern mainstream music (although jazz and metal tend to still have some good stuff)

Closed Thread