HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings #8 top prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Kings #8 prospect?
Brandon Kozun 1 2.22%
Martin Jones 9 20.00%
Maxim Kitsyn 1 2.22%
Christopher Gibson 0 0%
Nicolas Deslauriers 13 28.89%
Jake Muzzin 14 31.11%
Andrew Campbell 2 4.44%
Nick Shore 1 2.22%
Andy Andreoff 2 4.44%
Nikolay Prokhorkin 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2012, 05:13 PM
  #1
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,089
vCash: 500
Kings #8 top prospect

Here are the results thus far:

#1: Tyler Toffoli (75.61%) Runner-up: Andrei Loktionov (15.85%)
#2: Andrei Loktionov (42.59%) Runner-up: Tanner Pearson (27.78%)
#3: Derek Forbort (37.93%) Runner-up: Tanner Pearson (32.76%)
#4: Tanner Pearson (55.32%) Runner-up: Thomas Hickey (14.89%)
#5: Thomas Hickey (39.53%) Runner-up: Linden Vey (20.93%)
#6: Linden Vey (32.00%) Runner- up: Jordan Nolan (16.00%)
#7: Jordan Nolan: (29.73%) Runner-up: Jake Muzzin: (18.92%)

Remember to reply to this thread with who you want added for the next round. Ineligible (based on discussion in previous polls) are Dwight King, Jonathan Bernier and Oscar Mollar.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
  #2
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Thanks for doing this awesome job KF, great work.

The poll has finally gotten really difficult. There are four players who are right there with each other now and all could be next.

Kitsyn and Kozun up front along with Muzzin/Deslauriers on the blue line.

Kitsyn is a dynamic game changer type of player when things line up right and Kozun is a grinder that loves to hit and has exceptional hands for a 3rd liner. Both play with a ton of heart but Kozun has more desperation in his game. Two really good forwards.

Muzzin should become a very skilled second pairing (#4) PMD with a nice amount of edge to his game and I still believe that Deslauriers might become a legendary King if he continues developing into his full potential. Both aren't afraid of fighting and both can skate very well but one is ahead of the other in their development.

Tuff call and really, Gravel isn't all too far behind these two either. He isn't as skilled but he is a really good prospect.

That said, I went with Muzzin but man it was a tuff decision.

Add Gravel

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:18 PM
  #3
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,268
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I personally think the decision is pretty easy, Muzzin.

Add Gravel.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 08-05-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:55 PM
  #4
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I personally thing the decision is pretty easy, Muzzin.

Add Gravel.
Must be nice .

I wouldn't be surprised if Gravel steps in and in a few years outplays all of them in one way or another.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:25 PM
  #5
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,268
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Must be nice .

I wouldn't be surprised if Gravel steps in and in a few years outplays all of them in one way or another.
I could see it happening.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:29 PM
  #6
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Deslauriers, add Mersch

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
  #7
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Went with Martin Jones.

Add Mersch

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM
  #8
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Deslauriers, add Mersch
Ditto.

But Muzzin, Jones, and Andreoff are all reasonable answers. Very tough.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 08:42 PM
  #9
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
voted campbell i think hes underrated and proberly would be the call up if one of the defensive defenseman goes down. He s a shot blocking machine imo

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:27 PM
  #10
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
ND.

Add Holloway.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:18 PM
  #11
spudboy
Registered User
 
spudboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Idaho Falls
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Here are the results thus far:

#1: Tyler Toffoli (75.61%) Runner-up: Andrei Loktionov (15.85%)
#2: Andrei Loktionov (42.59%) Runner-up: Tanner Pearson (27.78%)
#3: Derek Forbort (37.93%) Runner-up: Tanner Pearson (32.76%)
#4: Tanner Pearson (55.32%) Runner-up: Thomas Hickey (14.89%)
#5: Thomas Hickey (39.53%) Runner-up: Linden Vey (20.93%)
#6: Linden Vey (32.00%) Runner- up: Jordan Nolan (16.00%)
#7: Jordan Nolan: (29.73%) Runner-up: Jake Muzzin: (18.92%)

Remember to reply to this thread with who you want added for the next round. Ineligible (based on discussion in previous polls) are Dwight King, Jonathan Bernier and Oscar Mollar.
Why do you tell everyone who the runner-up was. I believe, in the last two years, only once, has the runner-up not won the next round. (This year number 3). It's like telling who to vote for. Either that, or put in two at a time.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:12 AM
  #12
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Voted Jones, add Gravel.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:15 PM
  #13
Hendrydoso
Registered User
 
Hendrydoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
voted Jones, add Gravel.

Hendrydoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
  #14
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Why do you tell everyone who the runner-up was. I believe, in the last two years, only once, has the runner-up not won the next round. (This year number 3). It's like telling who to vote for. Either that, or put in two at a time.
I do it to show how close some of the votes were between some prospects. Sometimes it's interesting to know how close the vote was.

Additionally, if people are that easily influenced in their votes, then that's there choice, but I think most voters will continue to vote for who they like until such time as the guy they are voting for is the one who gets the most votes, and then they move on. I really doubt that posting the results of who finished second influences much, and as you said, Pearson this year was a runner-up twice before getting voted in.

Also, I have only been doing this poll for last year and this year, so I have no input on what happened before that.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 06:53 PM
  #15
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I do it to show how close some of the votes were between some prospects. Sometimes it's interesting to know how close the vote was.

Additionally, if people are that easily influenced in their votes, then that's there choice, but I think most voters will continue to vote for who they like until such time as the guy they are voting for is the one who gets the most votes, and then they move on. I really doubt that posting the results of who finished second influences much, and as you said, Pearson this year was a runner-up twice before getting voted in.

Also, I have only been doing this poll for last year and this year, so I have no input on what happened before that.
What you're doing is great, thank you. And you're right; people will vote for who they want regardless of the runner up

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
  #16
Basilisk
Registered User
 
Basilisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

.... and Kozun is a grinder that loves to hit and has exceptional hands for a 3rd liner....

And the fact that he's 5'7" (or thereabouts) makes the grinding and hitting even more exceptional.

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
  #17
spudboy
Registered User
 
spudboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Idaho Falls
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
What you're doing is great, thank you. And you're right; people will vote for who they want regardless of the runner up
I predict Muzzin and Deslauriers, will be the next two voted in.

And, BTW, you are doing a great job, kingsfan.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
  #18
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
What you're doing is great, thank you. And you're right; people will vote for who they want regardless of the runner up
Yes, some people. Some without a doubt will be influenced in their votes.

Kingsfan, I too want to thank you for doing this. Without your prospects thread, this place would be a major yawner.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
  #19
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
And the fact that he's 5'7" (or thereabouts) makes the grinding and hitting even more exceptional.
I agree. He plays bigger than his size and still remains a healthy guy. You don't see him crying injury or being bumped off the puck all too often.

His heart and compete level are why I think that he is an exceptional prospect.


Oh and Kingsfan, I think for myself and agree that you rock for many reasons but one of them is that you take the time to do these prospect poll postings.

Great Work.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.