HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #8 - (+ NFL talk in general)

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2012, 09:29 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
If the bears stay healthy, I think they have a great shot at the division assuming Tice is remotely competent. This could be the last hooray for the current crop of good defensive players and I think they'll leave it all on the field. Only thing I'm worried about is the offense. On paper, its worlds better than last year because we actually have at least one real receiver, it all comes down to the job tice does IMO. Though, it is possible the defense is mediocre if urlacher isn't 100% because they really don't have anyone to fill in for him. Also not sold on the safeties and I think wright will be in a rotation/benched by week 3-4.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I still think the 9ers will win at least 10 or 11 games. Their defense is solid and alex smith looked like a competent qb last year. Hell, they woulda been in the super bowl if kenny williams' son didn't blow two punt returns.
Their interception and fumble turnover rates were the best in the league and unsustainable. Both of those will get worse this year, particularly the interception rate, due to luck and the additions of Manningham+Moss. Smith is certainly going to throw more interceptions if Harbaugh takes off the training wheels.

The biggest factor will be injuries. Last year their defense missed eight total man games and the offense, outside of Josh Morgan, missed a total of two games. They got incredibly lucky with injuries and it isn't going to happen again. They also had the easiest schedule in football.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
If the bears stay healthy, I think they have a great shot at the division assuming Tice is remotely competent. This could be the last hooray for the current crop of good defensive players and I think they'll leave it all on the field. Only thing I'm worried about is the offense. On paper, its worlds better than last year because we actually have at least one real receiver, it all comes down to the job tice does IMO. Though, it is possible the defense is mediocre if urlacher isn't 100% because they really don't have anyone to fill in for him. Also not sold on the safeties and I think wright will be in a rotation/benched by week 3-4.
This is what I'm not sold on. I'll give him a chance, but he was WAY over his head as a head coach. I think he did well as a offensive line coach, but I'm not sure how he'll be as a coordinator. He definitely wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll at least give him a chance. I just hope we don't run the ball 40 times, but he seems like the kind of guy that would be OK with that.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Starting to get worried about Urlacher. His knee shouldn't still be sore. If he needs his knee cleaned up then have the surgery now. Don't wait 4 weeks then get surgery and miss the first 6 weeks of the season.
I'm not sure I'm worried about it yet. Is there cause for mild concern? Sure. But while he has missed 6 practices, the last 2 were for "personal reasons" and we don't know what that means. Additionally, for a recovering 34 year old MLB, he was going to get some practices/games off anyway.

What I think has a lot of people worried is how the media is treating the "soreness" he is experiencing, and inducing dread in the fanbase that he has re-injured it, or that it's not completely healed. From what I have read in several posts, this is probably a FALSE assumption. The media has been very open about the fact that Urlacher has been practicing with a knee brace since camp started and he was going full out. Urlacher has said that while it's light, he hates it, and it takes getting used to. The thing about knee braces are, they only allow your knee to bend in a few certain ways --- it takes time to get used to. While you are adapting to them, your leg muscles are working in ways they normally don't, and that leads to ---- soreness.

I've also read that for this type of injury, soreness is expected once you start working out again regularly. It doesn't mean re-injury or that its not healed, it's natural.

But the media has everyone worried that he has re-injured things and I'm not convinced that is the case yet. So hold that concern for a couple of weeks and see how things play out.

If you really want to read a good write-up on his situation, read this:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/201...-valuable-knee

It's a long read, but an interesting one, and probably gives more detail than any news report has on what to expect.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I'm not sure I'm worried about it yet. Is there cause for mild concern? Sure. But while he has missed 6 practices, the last 2 were for "personal reasons" and we don't know what that means. Additionally, for a recovering 34 year old MLB, he was going to get some practices/games off anyway.

What I think has a lot of people worried is how the media is treating the "soreness" he is experiencing, and inducing dread in the fanbase that he has re-injured it, or that it's not completely healed. From what I have read in several posts, this is probably a FALSE assumption. The media has been very open about the fact that Urlacher has been practicing with a knee brace since camp started and he was going full out. Urlacher has said that while it's light, he hates it, and it takes getting used to. The thing about knee braces are, they only allow your knee to bend in a few certain ways --- it takes time to get used to. While you are adapting to them, your leg muscles are working in ways they normally don't, and that leads to ---- soreness.

I've also read that for this type of injury, soreness is expected once you start working out again regularly. It doesn't mean re-injury or that its not healed, it's natural.

But the media has everyone worried that he has re-injured things and I'm not convinced that is the case yet. So hold that concern for a couple of weeks and see how things play out.

It's a long read, but an interesting one, and probably gives more detail than any news report has on what to expect.
I tore my MCL on a dirty hit my senior year at Illinois, I can't read about knee injuries. Got the willies reading about a paragraph of that.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
I am hopeful the reports of Wootten having great camp are a sign that the kid finally breaks thru

Bears need another threat from outside besides Peppers. Idonije will get an occasional sack but the reality is he is average pass rusher who should be 3rd wheel in rotation

I expect good pressure up middle with Melton and Paea ,, But we need some pressure from outside opposite Peppers badly

Old
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 128
Hope you guys are excited to see Peyton Manning for a whole three snaps today....

Old
08-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I am hopeful the reports of Wootten having great camp are a sign that the kid finally breaks thru

Bears need another threat from outside besides Peppers. Idonije will get an occasional sack but the reality is he is average pass rusher who should be 3rd wheel in rotation

I expect good pressure up middle with Melton and Paea ,, But we need some pressure from outside opposite Peppers badly
He can't stay healthy

Old
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
digdug41982

I was going hard to the net in a men's league and I went knee to knee on the defender, not intentionally but he just kind of planted himself in my way and I didn't slow down. The guy went down like a sack of bricks, laying on his back, screaming. I've never seen a grown man in so much agony, not just a man, anyone for that matter (although I did see a child who got hit by a car in front of a walmart once). He literally had to be carried out by his teammates. Turns out he tore two ligaments, I wanna say acl/pcl. Poor guy, hope he was able to get back on the ice.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

I could see McClellin playing a half this game.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I could see McClellin playing a half this game.
I hope he plays a lot in the preseason. What channel is it on, CBS?

Old
08-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I hope he plays a lot in the preseason. What channel is it on, CBS?
I think its fox.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:02 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
I think its fox.
It's on CBS.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
RayP

Any one know if NFL.com is streaming it?

Old
08-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

when will it start?

Old
08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

It's all speculation but I won't be satisfied until Urlacher is on the field.

Old
08-09-2012, 04:47 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
It's on CBS.
Nope, it's FOX

www.chicagobears.com/team/schedule.html

Old
08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Recoil

Quote:
He can't stay healthy
I remember he was hyped last season in camp, then he got injured on a kickoff in preseason last year and was out for a bit, and never got back to form...

Old
08-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I remember he was hyped last season in camp, then he got injured on a kickoff in preseason last year and was out for a bit, and never got back to form...
He was hurt in college too which is why he fell so far.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:36 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
And I am very intrigued to see what guys like RGIII, Luck, and Barkley will do at the NFL level if surrounded with adequate personnel.
RG3 is going to have a solid season, a worthy #2 QB in fantasy circles. Shanahan does pretty good with crap QB's, namely Grossman, but RG3 has skill and has a decent surrounding cast especially that 3 headed beast of a running back committe, which will allow him to move the chains at a decent rate.

Luck is going to have a ton of pressure on him, but the kid comes in with 2 solid experienced WR's at his disposal in Wayne and Collie, both forgotten players.

I think Luck is going to come pretty damn close to 4,000 yards and 25TDS as the Colts are going to be behind a lot and Luck is gonna have to sling it a lot.

I like the Colts top guys like Luck, Wayne, Brown, and Collie as solid sleepers as plenty of people arent expecting a lot from them, but I think they are going to be plenty entertaining to watch with the ball this year.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
RG3 is going to have a solid season, a worthy #2 QB in fantasy circles. Shanahan does pretty good with crap QB's, namely Grossman, but RG3 has skill and has a decent surrounding cast especially that 3 headed beast of a running back committe, which will allow him to move the chains at a decent rate.

Luck is going to have a ton of pressure on him, but the kid comes in with 2 solid experienced WR's at his disposal in Wayne and Collie, both forgotten players.

I think Luck is going to come pretty damn close to 4,000 yards and 25TDS as the Colts are going to be behind a lot and Luck is gonna have to sling it a lot.

I like the Colts top guys like Luck, Wayne, Brown, and Collie as solid sleepers as plenty of people arent expecting a lot from them, but I think they are going to be plenty entertaining to watch with the ball this year.
I like Wayne for a thousand yards and 8 tds. He'll fall far in drafts and will be a great flex play.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:56 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

I don't know about RG3 quite honestly. I'm hesitant to trust any qb out of the big 12

Old
08-09-2012, 06:11 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I am so excited for the Bears. Even watching 2 possessions of the first team offense.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:04 PM
BK201

i can't wait to see how well our offense is doing it's very exciting.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:11 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I am so excited for the Bears. Even watching 2 possessions of the first team offense.
i'm so excited. Not only do we get a peek at the new look bears offense, but we get to see a series or two of peyton. About as exciting a preseason game we'll ever see IMO.

Closed Thread