08-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Don't think that is a penalty

Pretty harsh to get sent off too
Marchena had been harassed all game long on every corner kick for penalties that were never given, and Costa clearly hit Pizzi in the head with his arm..and it wasn't a straight red, it was Costa's 2nd yellow

Old
08-26-2012, 05:40 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Pretty bad dive by Pereira

Old
08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Marchena had been harassed all game long on every corner kick for penalties that were never given, and Costa clearly hit Pizzi in the head with his arm..and it wasn't a straight red, it was Costa's 2nd yellow
My stream isnt the clearest but I thought he was challenging for the ball and there was contact but I wouldnt think is a penalty

Old
08-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
My stream isnt the clearest but I thought he was challenging for the ball and there was contact but I wouldnt think is a penalty
I thought it was a head on head, but on a replay it showed that he just punched Pizzi in the back of the head, that's a foul

Old
08-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

this game really is crazy lol Valencia are so pissed

Old
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
I thought it was a head on head, but on a replay it showed that he just punched Pizzi in the back of the head, that's a foul
Fair enough

Pereira tried to dive for one

Old
08-26-2012, 05:46 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
this game really is crazy lol Valencia are so pissed
That was a good tackle though

the ref has made some wrong calls for both teams

Old
08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Fair enough

Pereira tried to dive for one
lols yeah that was really funny, if he has fallen when there was contact it might have been a foul called, but he decided to dive like an hour after the contact, and he was like all over the ref too , got a yellow lol

chance here to win it.....vamos vamos!!!

Old
08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

4 minutes of added time

Old
08-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

it's been a great 2nd half

3-3 can't complain, 4 points so far

Old
08-27-2012, 12:52 AM
les Habs

Haha, "Stoke on a rainy night in November" or whatever, well have a look at Osasuna, who apparently are the equivalent of an SPL side, any time of year. Hate these away matches at the Reyna de Navarra.

For starters, full credit to Osasuna. They deserve a point IMO and really should have won the match. They worked their ***** off throughout and the supporters provided a great atmosphere.

Barça never really got going. The team was too slow and didn't put in the work Osasuna did. The starting XI was just a bit lacking as well. Cesc was awful and just floated. He was rightly subbed off and I just wonder what Thiago would have brought withthat chance if he was healthy. Messi was coming back so much he was essentially Xavi for most of the match.

Sanchez was offside on the first goal, but as the play continued full credit to him for setting up Messi after Pedro's hard work. Second goal was taken well by Messi. Alba did well to find him after Villa went inside and drew in a player or two.

Anyway, just feel the team missed Mascherano. IMO not as a CB even but in midfield. At least Pedro added a spark and there is no way Tello, who in his defense had a good first half, should be startng over him.

Back to the offside, Sanchez was as I said definitely offside in the buildup. However the linesmen got four calls wrong that were onside of which three were breakaways and two of those were Messi's. Punal's sending off was probably warranted as he was quite heated with the ref for his accidental interference. And in the 13th minute you can clearly see the ref warning Punal over his protesting on a different play. Don't know that the earlier play factored into the ref's decision though. I just knew he'd been sent off before I watched the match and caught that early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
The game I went to last season started at 9pm, which was the latest I had ever gone to a football match. Couldn't imagine one starting at 11pm. Getting back into Placa de Catalunya at 11:30pm/midnight was interesting though. The place was still packed to the brim, mostly with celebrating Barca fans.
I like the 9pm start time. When I was there last time I had a really nice hotel room with a great jacuzzi tub. Hit Montserrat that day and hiked around on the mountain and then rested in the tub before the match.

Quote:
In a town/village just outside of Malaga
Sounds rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
South Spain to Scotland? Yikes.
Oh, I don't know. Looks to be plenty of beautiful spots in Scotland if you're in the countryside.

Quote:
I like the away shirt
Yeah, I have to say it's not that bad. I think when it's combined with the shorts it's more off.

Those Nike shirts look good in some of the photos I've seen. Arenal's this season is great and I like United's home as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
In his defense the ball skipped up right before he struck it.

Anyone else not really sold on Alexis? I prefer Pedro.
Agreed on Iniesta's chance.

IMO they should both start. As for this match though Sanchez actually was one of the best players if not the best. Created a lot of our best chances and worked really hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Messi is fine as false 9. The results speak for themselves, he just needs secondary scoring, a healthy villa or a in form Pedro and barca should be fine.
Agreed. Messi is fine. Another goalscorer would be great. I was thinking Hazard back in May/June. Now I'm thinking Neymar might be that right fit. I'm also thinking someone who can dribble too which is why they would be good options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
So Barcelona get away with a clear offside in the build up to get the equaliser. I'm sure that a few posters will be moaning about that all week

Their equaliser against Madrid looked marginally offside through the week as well...
Disagree on the goal vs Madrid. Not to mention just minutes before a clear onside play had been whistled off.

Quote:
Ronaldo yet again has been poor, looks like his head is somewhere else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
Ronaldo has basically been missing in these first 3 games (apart from his goal thursday). You just don't notice him. Really weird.
And that goal was a header. Apparently he's cheated on that girlfriend he had, or offloaded her altogether. "Love triangle" is all I heard. On top of that there was a story just the other day about him driving with his kid in his lap. Also heard that he's really tired and out fitness after the Euros.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Haha, "Stoke on a rainy night in November" or whatever, well have a look at Osasuna, who apparently are the equivalent of an SPL side, any time of year. Hate these away matches at the Reyna de Navarra.

For starters, full credit to Osasuna. They deserve a point IMO and really should have won the match. They worked their ***** off throughout and the supporters provided a great atmosphere.

Barça never really got going. The team was too slow and didn't put in the work Osasuna did. The starting XI was just a bit lacking as well. Cesc was awful and just floated. He was rightly subbed off and I just wonder what Thiago would have brought withthat chance if he was healthy. Messi was coming back so much he was essentially Xavi for most of the match.

Sanchez was offside on the first goal, but as the play continued full credit to him for setting up Messi after Pedro's hard work. Second goal was taken well by Messi. Alba did well to find him after Villa went inside and drew in a player or two.

Anyway, just feel the team missed Mascherano. IMO not as a CB even but in midfield. At least Pedro added a spark and there is no way Tello, who in his defense had a good first half, should be startng over him.

Back to the offside, Sanchez was as I said definitely offside in the buildup. However the linesmen got four calls wrong that were onside of which three were breakaways and two of those were Messi's. Punal's sending off was probably warranted as he was quite heated with the ref for his accidental interference. And in the 13th minute you can clearly see the ref warning Punal over his protesting on a different play. Don't know that the earlier play factored into the ref's decision though. I just knew he'd been sent off before I watched the match and caught that early on.
Good thing you said everything I was going to comment, +1000

Old
08-27-2012, 12:58 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Valladolid v Levante about to kick off, should a good close game

Old
08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
XO

Falcao with 2 goals in the 1st half against Bilbao

Old
08-27-2012, 03:57 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
Falcao with 2 goals in the 1st half against Bilbao
Both goals looked offside to me.

The 2nd one was definitive.

Old
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
XO

Hattrick Falcao!

Very close to getting his 4th goal. The best!

4-0 Atletico Madrid. Pretty sweet goal by Tiago.

Last edited by XO: 08-27-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
La Joya!

vCash: 400
Not surprised Bilbao put in a crappy performance like this, with no Amorebieta, Llorente, Martinez and Muniain didn't start.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Bilbao will be lucky to avoid relegation with efforts like that. After such a good season last one, including beating Man U in the Europa Cup, they look terrible this season.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
Bilbao will be lucky to avoid relegation with efforts like that. After such a good season last one, including beating Man U in the Europa Cup, they look terrible this season.
Internal fighting doesn't help

They will avoid relagation but if they don't get a grip soon no European football

Old
08-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Venkman

vCash: 825
Can't be offside from a throw in, unless it's different in Spain. 2nd was offside, 3rd was a harsh penalty. Also missed a of couple headers. Looking forward to seeing Athletico against Chelsea.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:02 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

I'd love to see all the andalucian teams play in La Liga together for one season would be awesome

But highly unlikely

Old
08-27-2012, 09:20 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
La Liga is already over... lol

Barca has it wrapped up with the early lead.

Closed Thread