HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Torts on Francesa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 05:12 PM
  #1
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Torts on Francesa

Torts was just on Francesa this evening. Anywhere to find it?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
  #2
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Here's a text recap

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/re...sa/#more-95553

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:35 PM
  #3
Metal Militia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 155
vCash: 50
audio: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast...es&dcid=CBS.NY

Metal Militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
  #4
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Torts is awesome.

Nice job by Francesa aasking legit questions

__________________
WIN NOW
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
  #5
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,435
vCash: 500
Torts seems like a pretty good coach

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:48 PM
  #6
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
I like his focus on keeping everyone healthy ... in a short season with lots of games compacted together ... HEALTH is HUGE.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:41 PM
  #7
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
Thanks!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:07 PM
  #8
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,063
vCash: 873
love that he is leaning on the guys in the room.

I am hoping that this year is as fun as it looks like it should be.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
  #9
Captain Monglobster
Registered User
 
Captain Monglobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I like his focus on keeping everyone healthy ... in a short season with lots of games compacted together ... HEALTH is HUGE.
You mean health is "YOOGE".

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:35 PM
  #10
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,002
vCash: 300
On Nash, “he hasn’t played in the playoffs. In the short term I have known this guy, I can barely get a word out of him, I watch him in the weight room and I watch him on the ice, he is low maintenance and I think he is looking to grab a hold of this and NYC. I expect big things out of him. The way he handles himself, no baggage here.”

Like this.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
  #11
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Is it just me maybe but I do not get excited or even care to hear these things. They're always very bland and boring and done with obvious questions and obvious answers. I know some reporting is deadbeat, I'm studying the field in college, but it just seems so worthless at times.

By the way, Francesca is just not a hockey guy at all. I listen to him on occasion and the rare times hockey does come up (it has come up a lot lately because of the lockout and it starting soon), he barely knows the Rangers team aside from the star players.

He should either get on board with the team and learn it more or refrain altogether, IMO. I don't think we need it half-assed.

Not for nothing though but Torts does not give much to the media at all. Very hard to ask a question to because he just picks it apart and usually either refuses to answer it or just keeps repeating his same mindset.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:13 PM
  #12
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Is it just me maybe but I do not get excited or even care to hear these things. They're always very bland and boring and done with obvious questions and obvious answers. I know some reporting is deadbeat, I'm studying the field in college, but it just seems so worthless at times.
What exactly were you expecting? There's not a lot of exciting things to say. I thought Torts' comments on Nash were interesting and I love what I hear about the way Nash is conducting himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
By the way, Francesca is just not a hockey guy at all. I listen to him on occasion and the rare times hockey does come up (it has come up a lot lately because of the lockout and it starting soon), he barely knows the Rangers team aside from the star players.
He doesn't know hockey. At least he's smart enough to realize that he doesn't. I find his hockey interviews to be some of his better interviews to be honest. At least he isn't trying to one-up the guest by showing how smart he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
He should either get on board with the team and learn it more or refrain altogether, IMO. I don't think we need it half-assed.
He doesn't have to do either. Like him or not, the guy has dominated the ratings for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Not for nothing though but Torts does not give much to the media at all. Very hard to ask a question to because he just picks it apart and usually either refuses to answer it or just keeps repeating his same mindset.
He doesn't. I think Mike did a good job to get him talking about the adjustments he's made in camp and the adjustments he's made as a coach communicating with his players. Mike did a good job.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
  #13
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
On Nash, “he hasn’t played in the playoffs. In the short term I have known this guy, I can barely get a word out of him, I watch him in the weight room and I watch him on the ice, he is low maintenance and I think he is looking to grab a hold of this and NYC. I expect big things out of him. The way he handles himself, no baggage here.”

Like this.
I'm sure things feel different for Nash being on a team where he doesn't have to be "the man" every night. He has other star players around him and other veteran leaders to talk to the media after the game. 48 games to learn and perfect his role on this team and then it's another challenge in the playoffs.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  #14
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Say what you want about Francesa, but think he gives great interviews.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.